LEMON, SESAME, AND GARLIC HUMMUS
Serve this hummus with rice crackers or fresh veggie slices for a healthy snack. For a light lunch, stuff in pita bread with baby spinach leaves. For a zesty, enticing dip, puree guacamole into the mixture.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 3 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, olive oil, sesame seeds, tahini, lemon juice, and garbanzo beans (reserve about a tablespoon of beans for garnish). Blend, adding reserved garbanzo-bean liquid if needed until hummus reaches desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Garnish in the middle with reserved garbanzo beans. Sprinkle orange and lemon peel around the beans. Chill in the refrigerator, tightly covered, until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g
I love the nutty flavor tahini adds to hummus, but it's high in fat. I modified a traditional recipe, slashing the fat while keeping that tahini kick. -Josephine Piro, Easton, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Process garlic in a food processor until minced. Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, water, tahini, cumin, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve with pita wedges and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 192mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GARLICKY LEMONY HUMMUS
This is a bold, flavorful hummus with a bit of heat. The lemon juice and zest give a wonderful brightness that my children and grandchildren seem to love. The ingredients are usually available in my pantry, so I can make this at a moment's notice. This, of course, is to my taste, and I like lots of flavor, so a little goes a long way. I hope you enjoy!
Provided by karen n
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pour all garbanzo beans into the bowl of a food processor; pulse several times to slightly break some of the beans. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin, basil, salt, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper; blend until the beans are beginning to look like large crumbs, about 1 minute.
- With the food processor running, gradually stream reserved liquid from garbanzo beans, olive oil, and sesame oil into the beans mixture; continue to blend until all liquids are integrated with the garbanzo bean mixture into a smooth hummus.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 269.8 mg
You'll need just five ingredients to blend together this smooth and creamy bean dip. It's delicious and quick to make. -Kris Capener, Ogden, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a food processor, combine the oil, beans, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve with pita wedges or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324 calories, Fat 29g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 309mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS
- Combine garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse several times to mix. Process until hummus is smooth, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.6 g, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 310.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
More about "lemon garlic hummus recipes"
LEMON & ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE • THE WICKED NOODLE
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Cut the top 1/2 inch from garlic bulb (straight across the top so you cut into just the tops of the cloves). Place garlic bulb in a ramekin, drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until garlic is very soft and lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Squeeze garlic out of its skin and add to blender. Add garbanzo beans, a couple tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and tahini. Pour in a small amount of reserved liquid from the beans, then pulse on high, adding more liquid as necessary until blender can run continuously. Blend until very smooth, adding additional liquid until you reach desired consistency. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place in refrigerator to chill or serve immediately (flavors will continue to develop as it sits).
- Put hummus in a serving dish and spread out with a spoon (no need to be perfectly smooth). Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle on some feta cheese and serve.
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI’S HUMMUS RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS - EMILY BITES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 80 per serving
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (27)Total Time 5 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 352 per serving
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS | EVERYDAYDIABETICRECIPES.COM
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 40 secsCategory Snacks
HUMMUS | OLDWAYS
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS (READY IN 5 MINUTES!) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 5 minsCategory DipsCalories 328 per serving
- Option to add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of water depending on the texture of your hummus. It should be smooth and easily dippable.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - LOVING IT VEGAN
5/5 (7)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Dip, Gluten-Free, SideCalories 161 per serving
- Remove just the outer flaky layers of the two heads of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact. Using a knife chop off just the tips of each clove. Place in tinfoil and pour over 1 tsp of olive oil for each head of garlic and rub it around the sides so that the garlic is covered with the oil. Wrap them up in the tinfoil, place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. When cooked, remove from the tinfoil, allow to cool for a few minutes until they're cool enough to handle and then pop the cloves out into a bowl using your fingers.
- Make the hummus. Add the chickpeas, roasted garlic, lemon juice, tahini and 2 Tbsp of the cold water to the food processor. Process until chunky. Now add the salt, cumin, olive oil and remaining 2 Tbsp of cold water and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, chopped parsley, sesame seeds and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add raw veggies and pita breads on the side for dipping.
BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS WITHOUT ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Meal Prep, Side Dish, SnackCalories 43 per serving
- Open both cans of chickpeas and pour into a strainer over a large bowl to keep the aquafaba, or chickpea water. Remove bowl and rinse chickpeas with cold water.
- Optional: Remove the thin shells on all of the chickpeas. While this step isn't mandatory, it makes the hummus turn out much smoother.
- Slowly add in 10 tbsp's of the aquafaba, or chickpea water. If you desire a thinner hummus, continue adding more water to achieve your desired texture.
HOMEMADE GARLIC LIME HUMMUS - GOOD CHEAP EATS
5/5 (1)Total Time 8 hrs 15 minsCategory SaucesCalories 145 per serving
- Place the chick peas in the crockpot and cook 8 to 10 hours on low until very tender. Drain the beans.
- Place the cooked beans, tahini, garlic, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and blend until very smooth.
- Add the lime juice and blend until the desired consistency is achieved. Add water if needed for a smoother hummus.
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS - TRIAL AND EATER
4.3/5 (8)Total Time 5 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 286 per serving
- In a food processor, add rinsed garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, tahini and salt and blend until smooth.
LEMON-GARLIC HUMMUS & PITA CHIPS | ANDREW WEIL, M.D.
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS - MAKING THYME FOR HEALTH
Servings 3Total Time 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PICK UP LIMES: CLASSIC GARLIC & LEMON HUMMUS
5/5 (31)Servings 6Cuisine Mediterranean-InspiredCategory Appetizer
HOMEMADE LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS - ALWAYS NOURISHED
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 1.5Total Time 10 mins
LEMON BASIL HUMMUS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (9)Total Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 294 per serving
LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
4.5/5 (24)Calories 324 per servingServings 6
LEMON HUMMUS PASTA - FORKS OVER KNIVES
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 30 mins
EASY LEMON GARLIC HUMMUS (TAHINI-FREE) - BARBARA BAKES™
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsCategory Appetizers And SnacksCalories 48 per serving
LEMON & GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE – PALOUSE BRAND
GARLIC HUMMUS – DELICIOU US
GARLIC HUMMUS – 3ABN RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make hummus with garlic?Instructions Start by roasting the garlic. Remove just the outer flaky layers of the head of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact. When the garlic is roasted, you’re ready to make the hummus. Drain the chickpeas and add to the food processor along with the roasted garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and oregano. Process until smooth.
How do you cook hummus with lemon juice?Spoon the hummus on to a large plate, creating a large well in the centre with the back of a spoon. Spoon the oil into the well and drizzle over the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice. Top with the fried aromatics and fresh coriander, and serve.
What is the best way to make light hummus?This is lighter and tastier than the original. Serve with pita wedges. Combine garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse several times to mix. Process until hummus is smooth, about 1 minute.
How do you make hummus without a blender?Combine garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse several times to mix. Process until hummus is smooth, about 1 minute. Meet the perfect weeknight one-pot chicken dinner.