I heard about this "engagement chicken" on the radio, and searched it out online and read how a few different people did it. Here is my variation on it - guaranteed to result in super moist lemon-roasted chicken! And yes - I did get proposed to within 3 months of making it! Looks super pretty and tastes amazing! I usually pair the chicken with a lasagna or a vegetable medley.
Provided by Sential
Categories Whole Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Rinse chicken thoroughly with cold water, empty the cavity, and pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken, breast-side down, into a roasting pan. Squeeze juice from 1 1/2 lemons over chicken.
- Mix salt and pepper together in a small bowl and spread mixture all over chicken using your hands.
- Roll 2 lemons on the countertop to soften them a bit. Puncture several times with a fork and cram into the cavity of the chicken.
- Place roasting pan in the preheated oven and lower temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Pull out chicken and turn over using wooden spoons or tongs. Return to the oven and continue to bake until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear when the thigh is pricked with a fork, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving. Cut remaining lemon into slices. Transfer chicken to a serving dish and garnish with lemon slices and fresh rosemary. Pour juices from the roasting pan over the chicken to make it super juicy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.8 g, Cholesterol 121.2 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 39.8 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 1440.5 mg
LEMON-PEPPER ROAST CHICKEN
This veggie-stuffed roast chicken has all the flavor of savory lemon-pepper and garlic. A recipe that consists of everyday ingredients. A meal big enough to feed an entire family.
Provided by Bridget
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Whole Chicken Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine lemon-pepper, garlic salt, black pepper, thyme, and salt in a bowl. Set aside. Slice 2 lemons into rounds for stuffing; reserve 1 for juice.
- Place both chickens in a roasting pan, not touching. Squeeze 1 lemon over both chickens, making sure juice coats evenly. Split sliced lemons, celery, green onions, and garlic in half and stuff each chicken. Use cooking string to tie legs together, making sure legs are facing up. Pat dry rub all over chickens.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Rotate the pan and baste chicken with juices. Continue to bake, basting often, for 50 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and continue to baste and bake until juices run clear and chickens are no longer pink in the centers, about 40 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 111.7 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 38.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 2135 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON
- Working carefully to prevent tearing, loosen the skin over as much of the chicken as possible by slipping your hand under it. Rub the chicken flesh lightly with salt, and slide the herbs under the skin. (You should be able to see them through the skin.)
- Place all the lemon in the chicken's cavity, and cover the chicken in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil. Unwrap the chicken and place it breast side up in the pan, surrounded by any vegetables to be roasted. Drizzle the vegetables with oil, turning them to coat well. Roast for 20 minutes, then baste the chicken and vegetables with pan juices. If there are no juices, add 1/4 cup water to the pan, scraping the bottom, and baste.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees. Continue basting every 10 to 15 minutes until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced at the thigh, about 20 minutes to a pound. Roast vegetables until browned and caramelized, removing when cooked to taste.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm. Remove the lemon from the cavity and place in the roasting pan, mashing it a bit to release the juices. Place pan on low heat and add the chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan. Carve the chicken, adding any juices to the pan. Pour the hot juices into a pitcher or gravy boat. Serve the chicken and vegetables, passing the juices separately.
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN PIE
A pie that's worth taking the time over, crisp shortcrust pastry filled with roasted chicken and a creamy onion and fennel sauce
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Push lemon halves inside the chicken's cavity - they should all fit if you fiddle them around. Sit chicken in a smallish roasting tin, smear butter over the breasts and season well. Roast, breast-side up, for 30 mins, then flip over and roast, breast-side down, for a further 1 hr 30 mins-1 hr 40 mins until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when you pierce the thigh with a knife.
- With 30 mins to go, pour all juices from the tin into a jug. After juices and fat separate, spoon 50ml fat from the top into a big, wide pan. Add the celery, onion and fennel, and soften gently for 20 mins.
- When the chicken is done, pour any more juices into the jug. Reserve an extra 2 tbsp fat (see Nearly spring greens, related recipes) and discard remaining fat. On the heat, stir the flour into the veg until absorbed, then gradually stir in the stock and chicken roasting juices, simmering to a sauce. Stir in cream and parsley, remove from the heat and season.
- Shred chicken from the carcass in large-ish chunks, discarding skin - if the bird is still hot, use clean rubber gloves or 2 forks. Juice the roasted lemons, pick out the seeds and stir all the juices and roasted pulp into the sauce with the chicken. Taste and season with a squeeze more juice from the final lemon if it needs it. Tip into a large pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry on a flour-dusted surface until big enough to cover the pie. Brush the rim of the dish with beaten egg and lift on the pastry. Trim edges, then press and crimp to seal. Brush all over with more egg and bake for 30-40 mins until golden and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 754 calories, Fat 48 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 46 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
LEMONY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH PARSLEY BISCUIT CRUST
This version (adapted by Caroline Russock at Serious Eats, from Faith Durand's Not Your Mother's Casseroles) is a gorgeous reinvention of the meat-meets-pastry classic. The biscuits do not get as crispy/crunchy/flaky as a traditional pie or puff-pastry crust; this is really more of a chicken cobbler than a pot pie. :) http://bit.ly/hWJvFS
Provided by DrGaellon
Categories Pot Pie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Lightly grease one 2-qt baking dish (or 6 1-cup ramekins) with olive oil.
- To prepare the biscuit dough, whisk the 1 1/4 c flour, baking powder, salt, and parsley in a medium bowl. Cut in the cold butter and work it in with your fingertips or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles soft bread crumbs. Add the milk, stirring just until the dough comes together. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into large bite-size pieces. Toss the pieces in a bowl with the 1/4 c flour and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large Dutch oven or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering and giving off wisps of smoke, add the chicken and brown for about 6 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion, fennel, and garlic. Cook until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and increase the heat up slightly. Cook 3-4 minutes, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and wine and bring to a simmer, scraping up any brown fond from the bottom of the pan. Add the peas and carrots, the broth and the chicken, and season the stew with 1 teaspoon of salt and plenty of black pepper to taste.
- Spread the stew in the prepared baking dish or ramekins. Drop the biscuit dough on top in 6 to 8 evenly spaced mounds (or drop one generous spoonful on each ramekin) and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked and the biscuits are golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.6, Fat 16.7, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 129.8, Sodium 744, Carbohydrate 59.6, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 3, Protein 45.9
LEMONY ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
This one-dish meal tastes like it needs hours of hands-on time to put together, but it's just minutes to prep the simple ingredients. The meat juices cook the veggies to perfection. So easy. -Sherri Melotik Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes, onion and sliced lemon in a large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each salt, rosemary and pepper. Spread evenly in a greased roasting pan. Roast on an upper oven rack 20 minutes., Meanwhile, toss chicken with paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches., Place chicken over potato mixture. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Immediately add spinach to vegetables, stirring to wilt slightly. Serve with chicken and, if desired, lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 589 calories, Fat 31g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 898mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 42g protein.
This lemon-roasted chicken is perfect for spring gatherings. It's light and pairs well with a variety of sides. -Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fill chicken cavity with celery, onion and apple. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker, breast side up. Rub chicken with oil; rub with rosemary, salt, thyme, paprika, garlic and pepper. Top with lemon., Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads at least 170°-175°, 4-5 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker; tent with foil. Discard vegetables and apple. Let chicken stand 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 calories, Fat 19g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 104mg cholesterol, Sodium 730mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein.
LEMONY CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND OREGANO
This might be the easiest roast chicken and potatoes recipe out there. Roasting lemon slices with the potatoes infuses them with a bright, zippy flavor. Then, you can eat the roasted lemon or not - the caramelized, intense flavor is for true lemon lovers only. Serve this with one or two of your favorite condiments on the side for dipping the potatoes.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, poultry, roasts, vegetables, main course
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and, if you like, line a sheet pan with parchment paper (not essential but helpful for cleaning up).
- Trim the ends off 1 lemon, then cut the lemon in half crosswise.Thinly slice one half of the lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds into quarters, creating small triangles. Shake out the seeds then place the lemon quarters into a large bowl. Save the remaining lemon half for serving. Cut the remaining whole lemon into wedges, for serving.
- Add chicken and potatoes to the large bowl with the lemon quarters. Add the oregano, salt and pepper; toss well. (Your hands are the best tools here.) Drizzle in the oil and toss again.
- Arrange chicken thighs skin side up on one half of the prepared sheet pan, and potatoes and lemons on the other, spreading the potatoes out into one layer. Roast for 20 minutes. Using a long-handled spoon, stir the potatoes, then spread them out again in one layer. (You don't have to touch the chicken.) Continue roasting until chicken and potatoes are cooked through and everything is golden and crisped, another 15 to 20 minutes (40 to 45 minutes total roasting time).
- To serve, squeeze the juice from the lemon half all over chicken and potatoes and give everything a good stir to incorporate all the tasty juices and browned bits at the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with more oregano and salt, and serve with additional lemon wedges and condiments on the side.
More about "lemony roast chicken pie recipes"
INDIVIDUAL LEMONY POT PIES | CHICKEN.CA
Servings 4Calories 840 per serving
LEMONY HERB ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
LEMON HERB ROASTED CHICKEN - DAMN DELICIOUS
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN - ARTICLE - FINECOOKING
EASY LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
SIMPLE ROAST CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND LEMON - JUST A …
EASY LEMON HERB ROAST CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
PERFECT LEMON ROAST CHICKEN - A SOUTHERN SOUL
LEMON & HERB ROASTED CHICKEN - MINIMALIST BAKER …
LEMON ROAST CHICKEN - JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
LEMONY CAJUN ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN - LIDIA
LEMON HERB CHICKEN HAND PIES - GOOD THINGS BAKING CO
LEFTOVER ROAST CHICKEN PIE | GREAT BRITISH FOOD AWARDS
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ONE-PAN HONEY LEMON CHICKEN AND ROASTED POTATOES
RECIPES: BBC LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN PIE
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN PIE – COOKER APP
LEMON ROAST CHICKEN - SPEND WITH PENNIES
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN - PLAIN.RECIPES
LEMON GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - THE BEWITCHIN' KITCHEN
LEMONY CHICKEN PIES RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
BEST LEMONY HERB ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - GOOD …
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN PIE | RECIPE | CHICKEN PIE, BBC GOOD FOOD …
CRISPY LEMON CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN - PLAIN.RECIPES
LEMON GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
LEMON GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
SIMPLE LEMON ROAST CHICKEN - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
CRISPY LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN - KETO, WHOLE30, SCD
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | LEMONY-ROAST-CHICKEN-PIE …
SIMPLE LEMON GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN - PAMS DAILY DISH
LEMONY ROAST CHICKEN PIE | RECIPE CLOUD APP
LEMON ROSEMARY ROAST CHICKEN - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMONS RECIPE - MARCELLA HAZAN | FOOD & WINE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love