RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Peel the bottom third of the asparagus stalks with a vegetable peeler. Snap each stalk where it breaks naturally; reserve 4 of the peeled bottoms for crostini (below). Thinly slice 6 asparagus bottoms and place the rest of the bottoms in a saucepan with 8 cups water and the thyme to make asparagus broth; bring to a simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until glossy, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the asparagus broth until absorbed (use a ladle to add the broth, keeping the solids in the pan). Continue to add broth in 1/2-cup increments, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more, about 10 minutes. (You should have about half the broth left.) Stir in the sliced asparagus bottoms and the lemon zest. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, until the rice is just tender, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the asparagus tips in a large skillet, cover with water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium-high heat until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the parmesan and lemon juice to the risotto. Stir in the lettuce, remove from the heat and season with salt. Divide among bowls, top with the robiola and season with pepper. Drizzle the asparagus tips with olive oil and spoon over the risotto.
LOBSTER AND PRAWN RISOTTO
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over low heat. Stir in the garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute. Add the rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale golden color, pour in the white wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed, and then add a dash of salt. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, 15 to 17 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and mascarpone. Finish with the black truffle oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan, add 1/4 cup vanilla-infused olive oil, the 2 whole garlic cloves and the thyme and heat for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat. Place the lobster tails in the pan flesh-side down and sear until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip over and spoon some infused oil onto the lobster tails. Place the pan into the oven and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the lobster tails from the pan and place the pan back on the stovetop. On low heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon vanilla-infused olive oil and diced tomatoes. Remove the seeds from the vanilla bean and mix the seeds into the tomato and oil mixture.
- Take the shrimp and remove the tails. Once the tails are removed, add them into the pan for 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked.
- Spoon the risotto onto plates and place the lobster tails onto the risotto. Place the shrimp on the risotto and spoon the tomato mixture on top of the risotto. Once plated, cut the lime in half and serve with half a lime on each plate. Drizzle more vanilla-infused olive oil on and around each plate and serve.
LOBSTER AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Coat an ovenproof saute (pan with cooking spray and place it over medium-high heat).
- Add the lobster, garlic, shallots and red bell pepper, and saute for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the lobster in just cooked.
- Remove the lobster from the pan and set it aside to cool.
- Add the wine, rice and lemon juice to the pan, and stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add one cup of the stock and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the liquid has just evaporated.
- Add 1 1/2 cups more of the stock, and allow the stock to evaporate again while stirring.
- Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of stock, the tomato, asparagus, dill, basil and salt.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and finish cooking for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and stir in the reserved lobster.
So you cooked some lobster and that was great. You sautéed the empty shells in oil and cooked them off in a lot of water with an onion, a couple bay leaves and a few peppercorns, and made stock. This is as it should be, always. Lobster is expensive. Make its flavors last. And when you are ready, make this risotto. Heat the stock in a pot. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan next to it, add onions and cook them translucent, salt the whole and add Arborio rice, then stir to combine. Now start adding hot broth to the rice, a cup at a time, stirring endlessly all the while, never adding more stock until everything you have added has been absorbed. When everything is tender and creamy, add Parmesan and any leftover lobster meat you happen to have. If the answer is none, do not worry in the least. This is a rich risotto without meat, luxury eating on the cheap.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, main course
Yield Serves 4, plus leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium pot, heat the stock and keep warm.
- In a large, wide saucepan, melt the butter in the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add a large pinch of salt, then add the rice and stir constantly for about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth and simmer, stirring until the broth is almost absorbed. Add more broth, a cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next. Stir often. Cook until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the lobster meat until heated through, then add the chives and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with remaining Parmesan. Reserve excess risotto for Eggs Over (Easy) Lobster Risotto Patties (recipe here).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 784, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 97 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 22 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 1296 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
LOBSTER ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
- Saute shallot in Olive oil and butter for 1 min Add rice, suate for until rice is translucent (about 3-5 minutes. Add chicken stick and wine, bring to low boil, simmer with constant stirring unitl rice is al dente. Add asparagus, simmer for 3-5 minutes with stirring. Add chopped lobster and stir. Add salt an peppper to taste. Serves 4.
RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS AND PESTO
The last step in most of my risottos is to stir in a final ladleful of stock and some Parmesan cheese. This time, I also stirred in some pesto, which enriches the risotto deliciously, and also dresses it up with flecks of green. The risotto would also work with green beans or peas, or with no added vegetable at all.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories main course
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put well-seasoned stock or broth into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over low heat, with a ladle nearby or in the pot.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a wide, heavy nonstick skillet or a wide, heavy saucepan. Add onion and a generous pinch of salt, and cook gently until it is just tender, about 3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Stir in rice and garlic and stir until the grains separate and begin to crackle. Add wine and stir until it is no longer visible in the pan. Begin adding simmering stock, a couple of ladlefuls (about 1/2 cup) at a time. The stock should just cover rice and should be bubbling, not too slowly but not too quickly. Cook, stirring often, until it is just about absorbed. Add another ladleful or two of the stock and continue to cook in this fashion, adding more stock and stirring when rice is almost dry. You do not have to stir continually, but stir often. After 10 minutes, add asparagus and continue to stir and add stock for another 10 to 15 minutes, until rice is cooked through but still al dente.
- Add another ladleful of stock to the rice. Stir in pesto and additional cheese and remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Mix should be creamy (add more stock if it isn't). Serve right away in wide soup bowls or on plates, spreading risotto in a thin layer rather than a mound.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 425, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 55 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 1035 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
LEMON ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat; keep at a simmer while preparing risotto.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in garlic and arborio rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly toasted, about 5 more minutes.
- Pour white wine into rice mixture, stirring constantly, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken broth into rice, one ladleful at a time, allowing liquid to absorb completely before adding more while stirring constantly, about 20 minutes. Add asparagus and stir.
- Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.9 calories, Carbohydrate 53.4 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 355.2 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
With asparagus, spinach and peas, this simple side adds spectacular flavor and tons of health benefits from green veggies. Add some Parmesan cheese, and you've got one delectable dish! -Kendra Doss, Kansas City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in the wine, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed., Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.), Add the spinach, peas, cheese and reserved asparagus; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 539mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
TRUFFLED LOBSTER RISOTTO
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook lobster in large pot of simmering salted water until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl of cold water to cool. Drain lobster. Remove meat from shells; reserve shells. Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Break shells into large pieces. Place on baking sheet; bake 15 minutes. Blend shells with 1 cup chicken broth in blender until finely chopped. Strain through fine sieve. Reserve lobster broth; discard shells.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups chicken broth to simmer; keep hot. Heat 1 tablespoon truffle oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add rice; stir 2 minutes. Add brandy; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until brandy is absorbed, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add lobster broth and 3/4 of chicken broth. Simmer until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, adding remaining broth by 1/4 cupfuls as needed and stirring often, about 20 minutes. Add lobster and cream; stir until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons truffle oil and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
LOBSTER AND SHRIMP RISOTTO
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the celery, onion and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and add 1 cup of the broth and the rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer until the broth has been absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of broth. Simmer until the broth has been absorbed. Continue adding the broth and simmering the rice. When the last cup of broth is added, include the lobster, shrimp and parsley. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the rice has almost completely absorbed the broth and the seafood is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.1, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 95.8, Sodium 1411.4, Carbohydrate 45.1, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 2.4, Protein 19.4
More about "lobster and asparagus risotto recipes"
RISOTTO LOBSTER ASPARAGUS - FOOD CHANNEL
Cuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
CREAMY LOBSTER RISOTTO RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE RISOTTO
5/5 (7)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
RISOTTO WITH LOBSTER AND ASPARAGUS - TODAY.COM
Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizers
CREAMY ASPARAGUS RISOTTO : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
ASPARAGUS AND BROWN-RICE RISOTTO RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
LOBSTER RISOTTO | LIZZIE COOKS
LOBSTER RISOTTO | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
ONE PAN RISOTTO WITH GARLIC HERB TILAPIA | EASY FISH DINNER RECIPE
POACHED BABY LOBSTER ON ASPARAGUS AND CEPE RISOTTO
LOBSTER ASPARAGUS RISOTTO - FISSLER
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO | RICARDO
LOBSTER RISOTTO RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
THE BEST EASY LOBSTER RISOTTO RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
LOBSTER AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
35 EASY AND TASTY ASPARAGUS RISOTTO RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
SIMPLE LOBSTER RISOTTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FRESH ASPARAGUS-PEA RISOTTO RECIPE - CHATELAINE
ASPARAGUS AND LOBSTER MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE | SPICE JUNGLE
OUR BEST RISOTTO RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
ASPARAGUS & MINT RISOTTO| RICE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
LEMON ASPARAGUS RISOTTO : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE
LOBSTER, SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO | BEYONDCELIAC.ORG
LOBSTER TAIL OVER ROASTED FENNEL RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS, …
BRANDIED LOBSTER RISOTTO WITH ASPARAGUS | RECIPES | WW USA
ROY'S LOBSTER & SHRIMP RISOTTO - FOODLAND
6 ASPARAGUS RISOTTO RECIPES FIT FOR FANCY DINNERS | ALLRECIPES
LOBSTER BISQUE RISOTTO - IGA
TIGER PRAWN RISOTTO WITH LOBSTER SAUCE | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
RECIPE | NOVA SCOTIA LOBSTER RISOTTO | NATALIE MACLEAN
LOBSTER AND SHRIMP RISOTTO FROM BRIO - ABC4 UTAH
SPRINGTIME ASPARAGUS BARLEY "RISOTTO" | RICARDO
ASPARAGUS, MINT AND LEMON RISOTTO | COOKSTR.COM
ASPARAGUS, MINT AND LEMON RISOTTO RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
RISOTTO-LOBSTER-ASPARAGUS-CHEF | FOOD CHANNEL
BUTTER-POACHED LOBSTER WITH ASPARAGUS-SAFFRON CREAM AND
ASPARAGUS RISOTTO - RECIPE GIRL
10 BEST RISOTTO WITH MASCARPONE CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
NO STIR BRIE RISOTTO WITH LEMON BUTTER ASPARAGUS.
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #main-dish #rice #seafood #vegetables #oven #low-fat #lobster #stove-top #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #short-grain-rice #shellfish #asparagus #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook lobster risotto?Taste the risotto to check the seasoning and the texture of the rice - it should be soft with a slight bite. If you have used all of your stock and the rice is still too hard, add a splash of boiling water to finish Once cooked to your liking, add the remaining butter, diced lobster meat and diced tomatoes.
How do you make lobster rice with Parmesan cheese?Add cream and stir until rice mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add paprika and cayenne pepper; stir well. Add sherry and mix well. Stir lobster meat into rice mixture and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Mix Parmesan cheese into rice mixture until melted. Add onion mixture and mix well; season with salt and pepper.
How do you cook risotto?Add 1.1l of stock to a clean pan and place over a low heat - this will be used to make the risotto To cook the risotto, gently heat the olive oil and 25g of the butter in a heavy-based pan. Once hot, add the shallots and sweat until soft but not coloured. Add the rice and fry lightly, stirring continuously until translucent.
How do you serve risotto with asparagus?Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the asparagus, remaining butter, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Spoon the risotto into serving dishes and garnish by breaking the crisp prosciutto into smaller pieces over the top of the risotto. Serve immediately.