HEALTHIER TURKEY ENCHILADAS
People with diabetes can enjoy cozy comfort foods like enchiladas. See how a few smart swaps can lower carbs, calories, and sodium without losing flavor or cheesy, creamy appeal.
Provided by LKB
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and onion; cook until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cumin and chipotle. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in 1 cup Oaxaca cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the prepared baking dish. Divide turkey mixture evenly among tortillas. Tightly roll tortillas and nestle, seam sides down, in the baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop 1 tablespoon pepitas; mix with cilantro, green onion, garlic, and lime zest in a small bowl. Sprinkle topping over the enchiladas; add with remaining pepitas before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.3 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Cholesterol 57.4 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 23.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 373.3 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, onion, and black olives.
- In a small skillet, heat enough oil to lightly coat one tortilla, and cook until soft. Remove and dip in enchilada sauce to coat.
- Add turkey and cheese mixture to center of tortilla, roll and place in the prepared dish. Repeat until bottom layer of pan is covered with enchiladas. Spread enough sauce over bottom layer to cover.
- Repeat process with a second layer; spread remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 672.8 calories, Carbohydrate 53.6 g, Cholesterol 135.6 mg, Fat 33.5 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 41.4 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 498.6 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
TURKEY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in beans, salsa, tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes., Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with six tortillas. Spread with half the remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Layer with remaining tortillas and meat sauce., Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 936mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
LOW FAT, EASY, TASTY TURKEY ENCHILADAS
I read about 30 different recipes from 3 different sources and this is what I came up with - I liked it and so did my company!! This make a LOT of enchiladas - I used 2 (9x13)baking pans - sprayed with Pam. Enjoy!!
Provided by dgpat
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat well in a skillet, stirring to break it up.
- Combine with the re-fried beans, corn and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Warm the tortillas as directed (I nuke mine- no frying).
- Put the meat mixture in the middle of each tortilla and fold in half- place seam side down in a sprayed baking pan.
- Combine the 2 cans of soup and the jar of salsa in a large bowl and spoon evenly over the enchiladas.
- Cover well with the remaining cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned and sauce is bubbly.
LOW FAT TURKEY ENCHILADAS
- Chop up 1 onion and sauté with a little bit of oil. When onion seems transparent, add whole package of ground turkey meat and cook on medium until all meat has browned. Add in package of taco seasoning as well as the entire can of refried beans. Continue to cook over medium heat, frequently stirring. Take half of the package of shredded cheese and stir it into the turkey mixture. Set pan aside.
- Take a large baking dish, pour just a little amount of enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the dish lightly. Spoon about two full tablespoons of turkey mixture into center of a wheat tortilla and fold both sides up and place the enchilada folded-side down. Repeat until you fill the dish. Pour over the remaining enchilada sauce and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes until all cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve and dip in sour cream and salsa!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
Fill flour tortillas with lean turkey mince in a rich tomato sauce, then top with cheese and bake for a family friendly Mexican dinner
Provided by Justine Pattison
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat most of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the turkey, onion and pepper for 5 mins, stirring regularly and breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon. Add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and coriander. Season well.
- Lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish with the remaining oil. Put 1 tortilla in the dish and top with a couple of generous spoonfuls of the turkey mixture. Roll up and push to one side of the dish. Repeat with the other tortillas, then spoon any remaining turkey mixture down the sides of the dish.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with the cheese and bake for 15 mins. Scatter coriander over the enchiladas and serve with a salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 56 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.6 milligram of sodium
LOW FAT BEEF ENCHILADAS
Extra-lean ground beef and pinto beans form the base of these delicious, low fat beef enchiladas. Choose the spiciness of the enchilada sauce to suit your family's taste. One caveat, however: although this dish is low fat, it contains slightly more than half the recommended daily sodium limit.
Provided by gertc96
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté onions until translucent.
- Crumble in beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add cumin, beans, tomatoes and chiles.
- Cook for 10 minutes until sauce is reduced.
- Spread a little enchilada sauce on each tortilla.
- Spoon beef mixture into each of the four tortillas.
- Roll up and place seam down into the baking dish. Four will fit into the dish perfectly.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortilla rolls.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until sauce is bubbly and cheese has melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240.5, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 37.7, Sodium 1151.6, Carbohydrate 25.1, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 6.5, Protein 20.9
More about "low fat easy tasty turkey enchiladas recipes"
LOW-CARB TURKEY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE (VIDEO) – KALYN'S …
SKINNY GROUND TURKEY ENCHILADAS - A MEXICAN DELIGHT
HEALTHY CREAMY TURKEY ENCHILADAS RECIPE - MUY DELISH
HEALTHY TURKEY ENCHILADAS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
GROUND TURKEY ENCHILADAS RECIPE - HEALTHY WITH JOSIE!
10 BEST LOW FAT LOW CARB CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPES
TURKEY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE THE FAMILY WILL LOVE! - DIY …
LOW FAT, EASY, TASTY TURKEY ENCHILADAS - CHAMPSDIET.COM
DELICIOUS BEEF AND CHEESE ENCHILADAS RECIPE (TO DIE FOR)
EASY TURKEY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
GROUND TURKEY ENCHILADAS - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
EASY SLOW COOKER ENCHILADAS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
LOW CARB CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE (OR LEFTOVER TURKEY!)
THE BEST CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
GROUND TURKEY BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS | EASY GROUND TURKEY RECIPE …
LEFTOVER TURKEY ENCHILADAS | WW FRIENDLY - FOOD MEANDERINGS
SKINNY TURKEY ENCHILADAS – YOU PROBABLY SHOULD TRY THIS
LOW FAT TURKEY ENCHILADAS - COOKEATSHARE
TURKEY ENCHILADAS (LOW CARB AND HEALTHY) - FIVE STARR DISHES
FAST, EASY AND TASTY LEFTOVER TURKEY ENCHILADAS
HEALTHY LEFTOVER TURKEY ENCHILADAS - HUNGRY HOBBY
LOW FAT VEGAN ENCHILADAS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
HEALTHY BAKED TURKEY ENCHILADAS - RECIPE DIARIES
THE BEST EASY TURKEY ENCHILADAS WITH HOMEMADE SAUCE
LOW-FAT CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
TURKEY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LOW CARB TURKEY ZUCCHINI ENCHILADAS | HAYL'S KITCHEN
LOW FAT EASY TASTY TURKEY ENCHILADAS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HEALTHIER TURKEY ENCHILADAS [GLUTEN FREE]
TURKEY & VEGGIE ENCHILADAS RECIPE | SLIMFAST
TURKEY AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - SKINNYTASTE
CREAMY TURKEY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - LOWCARB-OLOGY
TURKEY ENCHILADAS WITH BLACK BEANS AND CORN - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
TURKEY ENCHILADAS - PINCH OF NOM
TURKEY CREAM CHEESE ENCHILADAS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
WEEKNIGHT TURKEY ENCHILADAS | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a Turkey enchilada?Add the cooked turkey meat, 1 cup portion of the enchilada sauce, diced green chiles, softened cream cheese, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and ½ cup portion of both cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses. Mix until well combined. Portion the filling into each tortilla, roll, then place seam side down in your baking dish.
How to cook enchiladas in the oven?Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl. Combine Cheddar-Jack cheese, onion, and black olives in a small bowl. Brush a small skillet with enough oil to coat a tortilla, and heat over low heat. Add tortilla and cook until soft, 15 to 30 seconds per side.
How do you make passata enchiladas?Add the passata, paprika and garlic granules into a small bowl and stir to combine. Spoon the passata over the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly, melted and golden. Serve with your choice of accompaniment.
How to make Turkey tacos in the oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine the cheese, onion, and black olives. In a small skillet, heat enough oil to lightly coat one tortilla, and cook until soft. Add turkey and cheese mixture to center of tortilla, roll and place in the prepared dish.