MARK'S ENGLISH SAUSAGE ROLLS
I had never heard of these until I met my husband, Mark, who is English. They are simple and delicious! They freeze really well too.
Provided by POSHIE25
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European UK and Ireland English
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets, and cut along the fold lines of each sheet to form 6 equal squares for a total of 12 squares. Brush each square with mustard. Divide sausage into 12 pieces, and roll into small logs. Place one log on each square. Roll dough around the sausage, and seal with a bit of beaten egg. Place rolls onto an ungreased baking sheet, and brush the tops with the rest of the egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the rolls are puffed and golden. I usually watch after 10 minutes or so to make sure they don't burn. These freeze (unbaked) very well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 37.1 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 568.6 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
Absolutely beautiful served warm from the oven, these tasty sausage rolls are a total joy.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Categories Sides Pork Dinner Party Wimbledon Bonfire night recipes British Sausage
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onions. Cook gently for about 20 minutes until soft and golden brown. Add the sage leaves, cook for a couple of minutes more and then spread out on a plate to cool.
- With a sharp knife, slit the skins of the sausages and pop the meat out. Put it in a mixing bowl with the cooled sage and onion mix and the breadcrumbs. Add a good grating of nutmeg, then scrunch well with your clean hands to mix together.
- On a floured work surface, roll the pastry out into a big rectangle as thick as a pound coin and cut it lengthways into two long, even rectangles. Roll the mixture into sausage shapes with your hands and lay along the centre of each rectangle.
- Mix the egg and milk and brush the pastry with the mixture, then fold one side of the pastry over, wrapping the filling inside. Press down with your fingers or the edge of a spoon to seal the join.
- Cut the long rolls into the sizes you want and space them out on a baking tray. Brush with the rest of the egg wash and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until puffed, golden and cooked through. Serve with piccalilli and a cress salad.
- Tip: Lamb or beef sausages work just as well in this recipe if you don't fancy pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551 calories, Fat 37.9 g fat, SaturatedFat 15.5 g saturated fat, Protein 22.8 g protein, Carbohydrate 42.4 g carbohydrate, Sugar 3.3 g sugar, Sodium 2.11 g salt, Fiber 2.5 g fibre
Provided by Daphne Brogdon
Yield 24 sausage rolls
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the pork, potato, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, thyme and the cooled onion-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate while you roll out the puff pastry.
- Unfold the sheet of puff pastry on a floured work surface. With a rolling pin, roll into a 12-inch square about 1/8-inch thick. With a pizza cutter or knife, cut into four 3-by-12-inch strips. Set the strips on the prepared baking sheet and store in the refrigerator while you proceed.
- Place one of the pastry strips lengthwise in front of you. Divide the pork filling into four equal portions. Form one of the portions into a long, tubular shape and place it on the puff pastry so it reaches from long end to long end. Brush the long side of the puff pastry furthest from you with some egg wash. Roll up the puff pasty away from you and around the pork filling to create a 12-inch-long log. Pinch the seams together and transfer, seam-side down, to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips and filling. Freeze for 30 minutes to chill before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice each log into six equal portions so that you have 24 rolls in total. Place the rolls on the baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, 30 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
BEST BRITISH SAUSAGE ROLL
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil on medium heat and add the onion to cook for approximately 7 minutes, or until it starts to lightly brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sausage meat, cooked onion, and 2 of the eggs. Season with a couple of pinches of black pepper and a good sprinkling of salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly and evenly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry into two 8- by 10-inch rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 2 long strips (4 total) and rest them in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the cold pastry onto 2 lightly greased baking pans. In the center of each pastry, form the sausage meat into a long sausage the length of the pastry strip. Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl and lightly brush the edges of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry over the meat filling to form long rolls. Flip the sausage roll over so the seam is underneath. Lightly brush the top surface with egg.
- Cut the rolls into 1 1/2-inch lengths. Or vary the length to the style of roll you want.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Leave them to cool before packing them into your picnic basket or lunch box, or simply eat them right away. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 717 kcal, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 104 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 1065 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 56 g, ServingSize 6 to 10 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
AUSSIE SAUSAGE ROLLS
I was born and raised in Australia, but moved to the U.S. when I got married. When I long for some Australian recipes, I bake up a batch of this sausage roll recipe and share them with neighbors or co-workers. -Melissa Landon, Port Charlotte, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients and 3/4 teaspoon paprika. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly., On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into an 11x10-1/2-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 3 strips. Spread 1/2 cup sausage mixture lengthwise down the center of each strip. Fold over sides, pinching edges to seal. Cut each log into 6 pieces., Place on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan, seam side down. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Bake until golden brown and sausage is no longer pink, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 198mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Though the concept of sausage wrapped in pastry exists in every cuisine in one way or another, the British have claimed sausage rolls as their own. They are always welcome, especially at holiday time. Boxing Day, a national holiday in Britain, celebrates the traditional post-Christmas servants' day off, when upper-class families were forced to fend for themselves and subsist for a day on a lavish buffet of leftover feasts from the week. Sausage rolls are often part of the spread. A pleasantly spiced homemade sausage mixture is easy to make up with a pound or two of ground pork shoulder, not too lean. They are usually made with all-butter puff pastry (often frozen store-bought, a good option); these are wrapped in a very flaky lard and butter pastry. Both the pastry and the sausage filling can be made a day ahead.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, lunch, sausages, main course
Yield 24 sausage rolls
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the pastry: Put flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Work in lard with fingertips until completely absorbed. Add butter cubes and ice water and mix with a wooden spoon to form a sticky dough. Dust dough with flour and pat into a rough square about 1 inch thick. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Make the sausage filling: Put pork in a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, coriander, nutmeg, mace, thyme, sage and parsley. Working quickly with wet hands, incorporate seasoning evenly. Divide mixture into 4 equal pieces (1/2 pound each) and roll each piece into a 9-inch sausage length. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll pastry into a rectangle 9 inches by 24 inches. Cut rectangle in half lengthwise and crosswise to form four rectangles 4 1/2 inches by 12 inches. Lay 1 sausage in the center of each rectangle and moisten 1 of the long edges with a bit of water. Wrap dough around sausage and press edges together to make a log. With the seam side down, cut each log into 6 pieces.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange 12 pieces on each sheet and brush each piece well with egg wash. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until pastry is crisp and golden and sausage is cooked. Cool for 5 minutes before serving, or serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 147, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 122 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
These savory sausage and puff pastry rolls are a Christmas morning favorite of celebrity event planner Colin Cowie. A dip in tangy Worcestershire sauce adds the perfect finishing touch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
Yield Makes 55 to 60
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place pork, onion, potato, parsley, sage, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a large bowl; using a fork, mix to combine. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large plain round tip.
- Unfold each sheet of puff pastry (it should be folded into thirds) into a 9-by-9 1/2-inch rectangle and cut each sheet along the fold marks to make six 9 1/2-by-3 1/2-inch rectangles. Gently roll each rectangle out to form six 11-by-4-inch rectangles.
- Pipe pork mixture along one edge of the long end of a rectangle; brush opposite edge with egg. Starting from the edge with the pork mixture, roll up puff pastry, pressing to seal. Slice into rolls about 1 1/2 inches thick and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining puff pastry rectangles and pork mixture.
- Brush rolls with remaining egg mixture and transfer to oven; bake until golden about 20 minutes. Serve with Worcestershire sauce, for dipping.
Swirls of sausage and mustard in pie dough makes a perfect, attractive and delicious offering at parties. The sausage and mustard are rolled up in the dough, sliced like a jelly roll and baked.
Provided by Cindy Whaling
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Wraps and Rolls
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place pie crust dough onto a flat surface. Spread them generously with mustard. Spread 1/2 pound of sausage onto each pie crust. Flatten the sausage down with a spatula. Roll the pie crust mixture up like a jelly roll. Slice the roll into 1/2-inch circular pieces.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until sausage is cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 30.9 mg, Fat 26.6 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 466.4 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
EASY SAUSAGE ROLLS
- Heat sausage links according to package directions. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles; seal perforations. Place two sausage links end to end along the long side of each rectangle. Sprinkle with garlic powder and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style and seal the seam with water. , Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Cut into 2-in. pieces. , Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Nutrition Facts :
HOMEMADE SAUSAGE ROLLS
Homemade sausage rolls with a kick
Provided by Mandashow1710
Yield Makes 16-20
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/Gas 6. In a large bowl add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, thyme and sausage meat and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle, then cut into two long rectangles.
- Place a layer of sausage meat mixture down the middle of each pastry rectangle, then brush each with beaten egg on one edge.
- Fold the other side of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge. Press down to seal and trim any excess. Cut each pastry roll into 8-10 small sausage rolls. Make two scores gently across the top of each roll.
- Place the sausage rolls onto a baking tray and transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp and golden and the sausage meat is completely cooked through.
More about "sausage rolls recipes"
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE | MAGGIE BEER
10 BEST DOUGH FOR SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SCOTTISH SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
PUFF PASTRY SAUSAGE ROLLS | CANADIAN LIVING
28 EASY HOMEMADE SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPES - DELICIOUS.
EASY HOMEMADE SAUSAGE ROLLS - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
SAUSAGE ROLLS | RECIPETIN EATS
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - A KIWI FAVORITE - PEG'S HOME …
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE ROLLS: A DELICIOUSLY EASY RECIPE …
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
SAUSAGE ROLLS - CAFE DELITES
SPICY PORK, FENNEL & CABBAGE SAUSAGE ROLLS @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
CLASSIC BEEF SAUSAGE ROLLS - THERESCIPES.INFO
PAUL HOLLYWOOD'S ULTIMATE SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPE
MUM’S EASY SAUSAGE ROLLS WITH SPINACH AND GARLIC
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - JUST 3 INGREDIENTS! - TAMING TWINS
PAUL HOLLYWOOD’S ULTIMATE SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPE
BEST SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE ROLLS
SAUSAGE ROLL MAKER RECIPES
10 GOLDEN AND FLAKY SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPES - BETTER HOMES AND …
SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPES - BBC FOOD
SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE (TRADITIONAL BRITISH VERSION) | KITCHN
SAUSAGE ROLLS | RICARDO
EASY SAUSAGE ROLLS WITH JUST 3 INGREDIENTS! (VIDEO RECIPE)
THE BEST SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE PASTRY
CHICKEN SAUSAGE ROLLS - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
SAUSAGE FRESH ROLLS | RECIPES | SCHNEIDERS
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SAUSAGE ROLL - PAULA DEEN
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS CHICKEN SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE
THE 8 BEST SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME
BEEF MINCE SAUSAGE ROLLS - SWEET CARAMEL SUNDAY
EASY SAUSAGE ROLLS WITH BEEF AND SAUSAGE MINCE - BAKE PLAY SMILE
JALAPEñO POPPER SAUSAGE ROLLS - PINCH OF NOM
SAUSAGE ROLLS RECIPE | GORDON RAMSAY RESTAURANTS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #lunch #oven #finger-food #kid-friendly #winter #dietary #seasonal #comfort-food #inexpensive #meat #brunch #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love