MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND BACON
Very intense, rich dish due to the sharpness of the cheeses melded with spicy, creamy, and tangy flavors.
Provided by lalala71
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Pork
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add macaroni and cook for 8 minutes (noodles will still be slightly hard). Drain noodles and transfer to a large bowl with 1/4 cup of butter and toss to coat. Whisk together the sour cream, egg, and cream cheese; add to the pasta and mix well. Stir in 3 cups of grated Asiago and 3 cups of grated Cheddar cheese, reserving the remaining 2 cups of cheese for the topping.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate and chop into small pieces.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir 2 tablespoons butter, the onion, and garlic into the bacon drippings in the pan and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and add the brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until the onions are very soft and golden brown. Mix the cooked bacon, parsley, and panko breadcrumbs into the onions, transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the heat and melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour, and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Stir in the ground mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Remove sauce from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the macaroni mixture, stirring well. Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups of Cheddar cheese. Top cheese with the onion breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbling, hot and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 941.8 calories, Carbohydrate 56.6 g, Cholesterol 197 mg, Fat 59.5 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 45.6 g, SaturatedFat 36.3 g, Sodium 1475.4 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON
- Heat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Bake the macaroni and cheese casserole for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502 kcal, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 82 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 747 mg, Sugar 7 g, Fat 30 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
MAC 'N CHEESE WITH BACON AND CHEESE
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan heat the milk with the thyme sprigs and 2 garlic cloves. Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, to keep lumps from forming. Strain the solids out of the milk and whisk it into the butter and flour mixture. Continue to whisk vigorously, and cook until the mixture is nice and smooth. Stir in the 4 cups of the cheese and continue to cook and stir to melt the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked macaroni and the parsley and fold that all in to coat the macaroni with the cheese mixture. Scrape into a 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- While that bakes, heat a saute pan. Add the bacon, render the fat and cook until crispy. Add onion, garlic and thyme leaves and cook for about 5 minutes to soften the onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, scatter the bacon mixture over the mac and cheese. Use a big spoon to scoop out servings, making sure you get some of the smoking bacon mixture on each spoonful.
CREAMY STOVETOP BACON MAC AND CHEESE
Provided by Kelsey Nixon
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- Set an extra-large skillet, or a large heavy saucepan, over medium-low heat and cook the bacon until crispy and the fat renders out, 10 to 12 minutes. Set the bacon aside, reserving the fat to build your sauce. At this point you should have about 1/4 cup of reserved fat. If needed, add some olive oil or butter to make sure you have a 1/4 cup of fat in the pan.
- Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until the paste bubbles a bit, about 2 minutes (make sure it doesn't brown). Continuing to whisk, add 3 cups of the hot milk and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir in the dry mustard, and then gradually add the Cheddar and Muenster cheeses, stirring constantly until all of the cheese has melted into the sauce. Stir in the hot sauce and the remaining 1 cup milk. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Stir in the crispy bacon and season with salt and pepper.
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON
Provided by Stuart Faber
Categories Mushroom Pasta Side Bake Cheddar Bacon Winter Bon Appétit Los Angeles California
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, whisking constantly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheese and parsley; stir until cheese melts. Mix in pasta.
- Sauté bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Mix half of bacon into pasta and transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs; sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over pasta. Bake until pasta is heated through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON
Out of all the baked pasta dishes I make my family likes this one the best. It's also very filling, and fairly inexpensive to make.
Provided by Saj1337
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook macaroni according to box directions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add flour and stir constantly until smooth.
- Turn heat to medium and add milk stirring constantly until thick. (About 10 minutes).
- Add hot sauce. Stir until mixed in evenly.
- Add pasta, bacon and cheese. Mix until cheese melts, bacon is mixed in, and pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into a 9x13 baking dish and top according to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. (If using parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs take it out when the top looks lightly browned. If using cheddar cheese topping take out when top becomes darkened, but not burnt.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 921.1, Fat 61.3, SaturatedFat 30.7, Cholesterol 145.8, Sodium 1021, Carbohydrate 57.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 1.9, Protein 33.5
BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONION MAC AND CHEESE
A hearty casserole for dinner! Enjoy this cheesy bacon and pasta dish that's topped with Progresso™ bread crumbs.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onions to skillet; cook uncovered 10 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes, until tender and starting to brown. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 35 to 40 minutes longer, stirring every 5 minutes, until onions are deep golden brown; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package except omit salt. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Pour pasta into baking dish; keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, make cheese sauce. In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and mustard with wire whisk. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in caramelized onions and all remaining cheese sauce ingredients.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Pour cheese sauce over pasta in baking dish. Sprinkle with topping ingredients. Bake uncovered 10 minutes or until heated through (topping will not be brown).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 serving, Sodium 210 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
BACON & CARAMELIZED ONION MAC AND CHEESE
Try this flavorful oven-baked Bacon & Caramelized Onion Mac and Cheese. This oven-baked Bacon & Caramelized Onion Mac and Cheese is delicious.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tsp. drippings from skillet.
- Add onions to reserved drippings in skillet; cook on medium-low heat 17 to 20 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Dinner in large saucepan as directed on package.
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Crumble bacon. Add to prepared Dinner along with the onions and Cheese Sauce; mix well. Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Toasted Breadcrumbs.
- Bake 10 min. or until sauce is bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 630 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.9867 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 11 g
BACON MAC & CHEESE
Jalapeno pepper adds an extra kick to this bacon mac and cheese, giving it great grown-up taste. I serve this comforting dish throughout the year.-Shelly Boehm, South Bend, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook macaroni according to package directions., Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute jalapeno in reserved drippings. Add milk and cheeses to pan; cook and stir until blended. Stir in the onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. , Drain macaroni; add to pan with the onions and cooked bacon. Mix well. , Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 26g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 1106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
MENA'S BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED ONION
This is a fancy macaroni and cheese recipe that I came up with. The sweet caramelized onions and the sharp cheese flavors really complement each other. This recipe requires a little more work, but it's worth it. Vegetable broth can be substituted for chicken broth to make this a vegetarian dish. Enjoy!!
Provided by Malina Bleeding Heart Morris
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pasta Macaroni and Cheese Recipes Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, sugar, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until onions are caramel colored, 15 to 20 minutes. If mixture is too dry, add an additional tablespoon of butter. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, cover and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in the bread crumbs and toast lightly for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium heat. Dissolve the dry mustard in an equal amount of water and add to the pot along with the garlic, and cayenne pepper. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle in the flour and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk and broth. Bring to a simmer stirring constantly until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses until melted. Stir in the onions and season with salt and pepper. Add the drained macaroni and stir until blended. Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556.3 calories, Carbohydrate 50.9 g, Cholesterol 81.7 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 17.7 g, Sodium 582.7 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
More about "macaroni and cheese with bacon and onions recipes"
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 929 per serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on high heat in a large skillet, when oil is heated, add sliced onions and cook on high heat for about 10 minutes, constantly stirring with spatula. The onions should start to brown, but without burning (a couple of onions may be burnt here and there, but overall they should not be charred).
- While you’re caramelizing the onions, cook bacon: I usually bake it in the oven at 350 F until it just turns crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels and chop into small pieces.
AMAZING BACON MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED …
Reviews 28Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BACON MAC AND CHEESE - THE COZY COOK
Ratings 8Calories 681 per servingCategory Main Course, Side Dish
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
MACARONI AND CHEESE, WITH BACON AND BROCCOLI
BEST EVER BACON MAC N CHEESE RECIPE - CHEESYNIBBLER.COM
TASTE OF HOME MAC AND CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MAC & CHEESE WITH BACON RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST MAC 'N CHEESE WITH BACON AND CHEESE RECIPES - FOOD …
CLASSIC MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND ONION - BAKED IN THE …
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONION MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE
BAKED THREE-CHEESE MACARONI WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND BACON
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON | SOUTHERN LIVING
DISCOVER MAC CHEESE RECIPE WITH BACON 'S POPULAR VIDEOS | TIKTOK
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND ONIONS - PORK
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH GROUND BEEF AND BACON RECIPES
CREAMY BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON - BLESS THIS MESS
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND ONIONS | RECIPESTY
BACON AND ONION MAC AND CHEESE - BUSH COOKING
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS | BETTER HOMES
BACON MAC AND CHEESE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
21 TIKTOK MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
BACON MACARONI CHEESE - I AM BAKER
BACON MACARONI & CHEESE TOPPED WITH FRENCH FRIED ONIONS
FANCY MACARONI - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND PEAS - THE CHUNKY …
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
COUNTDOWN | EASY MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON RECIPE
BACON MACARONI AND CHEESE - YOUR RECIPE BLOG
THE BEST EVER INSTANT POT CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE - XOXOBELLA
A SECRET RECIPE: MACARONI CHEESE - MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON …
MACARONI WITH BACON, MINCE AND CHEESE - YOUR RECIPE BLOG
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON AND ONIONS - AMERICAN RECIPES
22 VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY | VEGNEWS
MACARONI CHEESE WITH BACON - SAN REMO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love