MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE
- Mix milk, butter, sugars and salt in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring, constantly. Boil 6 mins., stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat with mixer until smooth and thick; add nuts.
- Pour into buttered pan and freeze for 20 minutes Cut into pieces once set. Makes 1 pound.
- To make peanut butter fudge: Follow vanilla nut fudge recipe but cut butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3049.5, Fat 131.8, SaturatedFat 65.8, Cholesterol 261.1, Sodium 1656.1, Carbohydrate 471, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 445, Protein 16.9
BEST MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE RECIPE
- Combine butter, both types of sugar, milk, salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cool mixture slightly, add vanilla, cocoa, and confectionery sugar. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour the fudge onto a baking sheet (or silicone mat) and cool. Form a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
When I got married, a woman at my parents' church gave me this version of a popular Michigan treat. I sometimes pipe a bit of frosting onto each piece for decoration during the holidays. -Kristen Ekhoff, Akron, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 pounds (117 pieces).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter. , In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining 1 cup butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat., Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add all chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan; cool for 1 hour., Score into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 3 hours. Using foil, lift out fudge. Remove foil; cut fudge. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 18mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by cooksalot
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix milk, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in heavy pan. Cook at medium heat until boiling. Boil exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract,cocoa and confectioners' sugar. Beat with mixer until smooth and thick. Add nuts, if desired. Pour into a buttered pan and freeze 20 minutes. Cut into pieces. Makes approximately 1 pound of fudge. Peanut Butter Mackinac Island Fudge Reduce butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup peanut butter Great Hint: If you want to make "authentic" Michigan fudge, when the fudge has cooled somewhat,( find that marble cheese server your sister in law gave you years back and never used) and spoon the mixture on it and make a log! Then chill of
MACKINAC ISLAND PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
One of my favorite places to visit every summer is Mackinac Island. Two of my favorite things to do while on the island is ride my bike around the perimeter of the island and then walk through town going in and out of all of the fudge shops looking for free samples. I'm so happy I found this recipe so I can make my own fudge between visits up north. I bought this recipe booklet called Mackinac Fudge Recipes for my cookbook swap partner. I hope she doesn't mind me posting a few of the recipes here on Zaar.
Provided by QueenBee49444
Yield 64 pieces, 64 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Butter 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt together milk, water and chocolate.
- Stir in sugar and salt.
- Over moderate heat, bring to soft ball, about 234 degrees F. on a candy thermometer, stirring frequently. Keep bottom of pan free of lumps.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla and nuts.
- DO NOT stir.
- When mixture cools to 150 degrees F, stir until it loses its sheen.
- Turn rapidly into buttered dish.
- When firm, cut into 1-inch squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 1.6, Sodium 17, Carbohydrate 12.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 12.1, Protein 0.9
More about "mackinac island fudge recipes"
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE | 12 TOMATOES
4.3/5 (312)Total Time 40 minsServings 16-20
- Mix butter, milk, salt, brown and white sugars in a heavy pan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool briefly, then add vanilla, cocoa powder, and confectioner's sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until fudge is smooth and thick.
- Pour onto a buttered baking pan. When cool enough to touch, use a spatula to help roll mixture into log form, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE, MURDICK'S FAMOUS MACKINAC FUDGE
MACKINAC ISLAND OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE ...
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE CHOCOLATE LIQUEUR - NLD
DIY VEGAN MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE - VEGMICHIGAN
FUDGE ON MACKINAC ISLAND - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MACKINAC ISLAND OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE ...
RECIPE: MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE – THE BEST FUDGE ON EARTH
MACKINAC FUDGE RECIPES: 16 DELICIOUS RECIPES – ISLAND ...
YOU CAN MAKE MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE RIGHT AT HOME
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE - AMERICAN QUEEN VOYAGES™
LESS IS MORE: WE SKIP THE ADDITIVES TO CREATE MACKINAC ...
SAVORING MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE - THINK TRAVEL EAT
SWEETS | EVERYTHING MACKINAC
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE ICE CREAM RECIPE | TREAT DREAMS
MACKINAC STYLE FUDGE RECIPE | USA RIVER CRUISES
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE
WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE AND WHERE TO ...
MAKE YOUR OWN MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE - HOBBY FARMS
MOST POPULAR FUDGE FLAVORS - THERESCIPES.INFO
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE | FUDGE RECIPES, HOMEMADE FUDGE ...
MACKINAC ISLAND AND 10 FUDGE RECIPES FROM MICHIGAN BLOGGERS
MACKINAC CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE • ALL THAT'S JAS ...
WE'RE DIVULGING OUR SECRET INGREDIENTS (KIND OF) IN ...
VICTOR CALLEWAERT, PILLAR OF MACKINAC ISLAND, RYBA'S FUDGE ...
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE | CRAFTY HOUSE
MACKINAC FUDGE FOR YOUR VALENTINE…AND A VINTAGE ISLAND | I ...
RANKING ALL THE FUDGE ON MACKINAC ISLAND – WORTH EVERY MILE
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE: HISTORY, VENDORS & FLAVORS!
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE RECIPES FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE ICE CREAM CAKE RECIPE
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE – 12 POTATOES!
FUDGE COOK - MACKINAC ISLAND JOBS
ALMOND JOY FUDGE, MACKINAC ISLAND STYLE - THE GOURMET GOURMAND
HOMEMADE FUDGE 4 WAYS | 12 TOMATOES
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE - MY LITTLE ...
MACKINAC ISLAND HOT FUDGE SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MACKINAC ISLAND FUDGE | TRAILS & TRAVEL
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #fudge #desserts #easy #beginner-cook #candy #dietary #inexpensive #low-in-something
You'll also love