SAVORY RICOTTA TART
I love the simple combination of really good ricotta and fresh herbs, baked with just enough eggs to hold things together. I was in the mood for some heat but things like pepper and cayenne are totally optional.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Brush the bottom of a springform pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook and stir bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon olive oil together in a skillet over medium heat until breadcrumbs are light golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into breadcrumbs; cook and stir until golden brown and toasted, about 1 minute more. Spread breadcrumbs out into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a whisk until pale yellow, thick, and frothy. Add basil, parsley, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Whisk ricotta cheese and 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into egg mixture. Drop cheese mixture by spoonfuls into the prepared springform pan and spread it evenly over breadcrumbs. Gently tap the pan against a work surface to settle the cheese layer. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a paring knife around the side to release tart from springform pan. Cool in the pan until cool enough to handle; remove springform pan ring.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Place tart on prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated broiler until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 372.2 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
RICOTTA NUT TORTE
This pretty layered Italian cake is called cassata. It takes some time to prepare this eye-catching dessert but it conveniently chills overnight.-Karen Albert, Prineville, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat ricotta cheese and sugar until smooth; beat in vanilla. Fold in pecans and chocolate. Cover and refrigerate., In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. , Pour into three waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., Cut each cake in half. Place one bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup filling. Repeat layers four times. Top with remaining cake. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , In a large bowl, beat cream until thickened. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top and sides of cake. Garnish with hazelnuts and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 836 calories, Fat 47g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 143mg cholesterol, Sodium 424mg sodium, Carbohydrate 92g carbohydrate (69g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
CREAMY RICOTTA TART WITH PINE NUTS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 3/4 cup of pine nuts, and salt until finely ground. Add the butter. Pulse dough just until it comes together.
- Place the dough into an 11-inch diameter tart pan with a removable bottom and press down to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Refrigerate until the dough is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Line the tart shell with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake the tart shell in the lower third of the oven until just set, about 25 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and pie weights. Bake until the tart shell is lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar with the water in a small saucepan over low heat. You don't want to boil the water, you just want to heat it so that the sugar can dissolve thoroughly. Stir until the sugar dissolves and remove from heat.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the ricotta cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time, and process until smooth. With the machine running, add the sugar syrup in a thin steady stream and process until smooth.
- Pour the custard into the tart shell and bake until the filling is almost set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Scatter the remaining 3/4 cup of toasted pine nuts atop the filling. Bake until the custard is set, about 10 minutes longer. Let the tart cool completely before serving.
- The tart can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Return the tart to room temperature before serving.
RICOTTA TART: TORTA DI RICOTTA
- For the pasta frolla: Combine sugar, butter, egg, milk, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well. Fold in the flour but do not over mix; make sure that the mixture remains cool and does not become pasty. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes, or until firm.
- For the Ricotta Filling: Place the ricotta in a large bowl stir in the sugar, then the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla being careful not to over mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off 1/2 of the pasta frolla and reserve. Roll 1/2 of the dough into a 14-inch disc and line a 9-inch cake pan with it. Allow the dough to hang over the edge of the pan. Roll out the reserved dough into a 10-inch circle. Reserve. Pour the ricotta filling into the crust base. Lay the reserved 10-inch circle of dough on the top of the filling. Trim the excess so there is a 1/2 to 3/4-inch overhang. Take the flap of dough left on the edge of the ring and roll it on itself so that it rests completely within the pan.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg with a pinch of salt and a few drops of water to make an egg wash. Brush the surface of the torta with the beaten egg mixture. Place the torta in the lower third of the oven and bake for about 45 minutes until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
I have not made this recipe but have posted it by request. It is a Nella Cucina recipe so it should be good. Enjoy
Provided by Bergy
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- ---------Tomake the filling--------.
- In a saucepan (stainless steel) whisk two eggs and 1/4 cup sugar until well blended.
- Add the flour a little at a time.
- Gradually add the milk and whisk well.
- Place sauce pan over medium heat and whisk constantly for about 6 minutes or until thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place the filling aside covered with a sheet of buttered wax paper.
- In another bowl beat the Riccota with the remaining sugar and egg yolk until very smooth.
- Fold in the Lemon zest.
- Add the cooled filling blend well and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and cornstarch.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients and mix until a soft ball begins to form.
- Knead the dough for a short time on a floured surface and divide in two.
- Wrap one half of the dough securely and freeze it for future use.
- Lightly grease an 11-inch tart pan with removable sides.
- Roll out one half and place in the prepared tart pan.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and smooth the top.
- Bake in 375F degrees oven for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove tart to cooling rack.
- Remove sides from pan.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
APRICOT & RICOTTA TORTE
- Preheat the oven to fan 140C/conventional 160C/gas 3. Tip all the ingredients for the base, except for the egg, into a food processor and blend until like breadcrumbs. Add the egg and blend again to make a paste. Scrape onto the base of a greased 24cm loose-bottomed springform tin, spread with a spatula then bake for 25 minutes until risen and just set.
- Meanwhile beat the ricotta in a bowl with the eggs, soured cream, sugar and vanilla, then when the base has had its 25 minutes, take it out of the oven. Quickly scatter the apricots over the base and pour the cheese mixture on top. Return to the oven for 50 minutes more until the mixture has set and is starting to turn golden round the edges.
- Run a knife round the cake to release it from the sides of the tin then cool and chill. You can make this a day ahead.
- Transport the tin covered with cling film or foil, then turn out and dust with icing sugar when you get there.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 26 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.54 milligram of sodium
More about "makeover ricotta nut torte recipes"
TORTA DELLA NONNA (RICOTTA AND LEMON TART) - DELICIOUS.
PASTRY CREAM TART ITALIAN RECIPE (TORTA DELLA NONNA)
10 BEST ITALIAN RICOTTA DESSERTS RECIPES - YUMMLY
ALMOND RICOTTA TORTE - BAKE 2 THE FUTURE
SWEET RICOTTA CHEESE TART RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN TORTA DI RICOTTA RECIPE - CHEF DENNIS
HEAVENLY NUTS AND RICOTTA CHEESE CAKE - RAMONA'S CUISINE
RICOTTA NUT TORTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
TOMATO RICOTTA TART RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE PINENUT RICOTTA CAKE - COOK REPUBLIC
DIP RECIPES: MAKEOVER RICOTTA NUT TORTE
SOUTHERN ITALIAN RICOTTA AND PEAR CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RICOTTA TORTE RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
MAKEOVER RICOTTA NUT TORTE RECIPE | RECIPE | FRESH FRUIT RECIPES, …
CREAMY RICOTTA TART WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
MAKEOVER ITALIAN RICOTTA COOKIES - JOVINA COOKS
HAZELNUT AND RICOTTA CAKE - CHARLOTTE PUCKETTE
RICOTTA TORTE WITH ALMONDS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
TORTA DELLA NONNA (GRANDMA'S CAKE) RECIPE | TASTING TABLE
MAKEOVER COCONUT SUPREME TORTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE …
NUT TORTE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
MAKEOVER RICOTTA NUT TORTE RECIPE
TORTA DELLA NONNA: ITALIAN CUSTARD TART - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
RIVER CAFé REMIX: HAZELNUT AND RICOTTA CAKE | DAILY MAIL ONLINE
MAKEOVER RICOTTA NUT TORTE | VAL | COPY ME THAT
9 RICOTTA DESSERT RECIPES FOR CHEESE LOVERS - HONEST FOOD TALKS
MAKEOVER RICOTTA NUT TORTE
RECIPE SCENE: PINE NUT, LEMON AND RICOTTA TORTE
ITALIAN RICOTTA TART - PASTRY AT HOME
45 HEALTHY DESSERTS IDEAS | DESSERTS, RECIPES, FAVORITE RECIPES
NUT TORTE - THE FRIDAY BAKING PROJECT
RECIPE: SWEET & SPICY TURKEY BURGERS - SAVE.CA COMMUNITY
You'll also love