STICKY RICE WITH MANGO AND LIME
Found this recipe on Donna Hay's cookbook titled "dining". Fantastic recipe. Taste exactly like what I have eaten at thai restaurants in thailand and back home. Very authentic...and an extremely special sweet after a fantastic meal.
Provided by KitchenManiac
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse rice well under cold water, then drain.
- Place rice and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Allow rice to simmer until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat and pour coconut cream over rice.
- Cover rice and allow to stand for 5-7 minutes or until coconut cream has been absorbed.
- Stir sugar through rice and set aside.
- Place banana leaves in boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until they are soft.
- Divide rice into 6 portions.
- Spread half of each portion over the middle of the banana leaf.
- Top rice with a sprinkling of mango, lime rind and juice, and palm sugar.
- Cover filling with remaining portions of rice.
- Roll up leaves and secure with toothpicks.
- Place leaf packages on a hot barbecue or char grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until rice is heated through.
- Serve warm or cold.
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Sticky rice is a dessert made in Thailand, traditionally with glutinous rice, coconut milk and fresh mango.
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the rice in a large strainer inside a large bowl and rinse the rice repeatedly in cold water until the water is clear (not cloudy with starch). Cover the rice with cold water and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the rice overnight.
- Place the rice in a sieve or steam basket over a pot of simmering water. (The water should be at the level of a double boiler so it creates steam but no water actually touches the rice as it cooks.) Cover the pot to trap the steam. Cook until the rice is tender, 35 to 40 minutes. You can test by pressing a few grains between your fingers or, better, tasting a few grains. Transfer the rice in an even layer to a baking sheet. Cover loosely. Leave at room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer and reduce the coconut milk by about half, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt and simmer until the sugar dissolves, a few minutes more. Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl. Remove the sugar mixture from the heat, then add it to the bowl with the cooked rice and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Gently combine the rice with the coconut mixture while breaking up the larger clumps of rice. Let it sit until the liquid is absorbed by the rice, at room temperature for 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a small pan, melt and lightly brown the butter over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and immediately remove the pan from the heat, tossing to toast and coat the sesame seeds with the butter, 1 minute. Drain.
- Toss the mango slices with about 1 teaspoon of the lime juice and set aside.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a cup measure, mold the rice mix into individual bowls. Alternatively, mold onto 1 large serving platter. Top with the lime zest, remaining lime juice, mango slices and toasted sesame seeds.
LIME CILANTRO RICE
- Bring the water to a boil; stir the butter and rice into the water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro into the cooked rice just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 28.5 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
COCONUT MANGO RICE
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sweet onion, ginger and garlic, if using.
- Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until grains are coated with butter.
- Shake can of coconut milk; add to rice along with water, salt and curry, if using.
- Cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir and reduce heat to low; Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel mango and slice into thin bite-size strips or chop, then place in a bowl.
- Seed and chop pepper, slice green onions in half, lengthwise, then into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces; Add to mango and stir in lime juice.
- After rice has cooked 20 minutes, stir in mango mixture.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes to warm mango.
- Serve scattered with coriander, if you wish.
- A nice way to present this dish is to lightly pack rice mixture into a small rounded bowl or cup, then turn out onto a plate and top with coriander.
- Enjoy! ;).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.5, Fat 16.6, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 5.1, Sodium 808.5, Carbohydrate 51.7, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 9.8, Protein 5.7
MANGO LIME ICE
- Peel mangoes using a vegetable peeler; carefully cut the flesh away from each mango's pit, and roughly chop the flesh. Add the chopped mangoes, lime zest, and lime juice to the jar of a blender.
- Add the sugar and 1/4 cup cold water, and puree until the mixture is smooth. Pour the blended mixture into four serving glasses, and place in freezer for 1 hour.
Pastry chef Jennifer Jones of Topolobampo in Chicago shared this recipe as part of a [Cinco de Mayo feature on Mexican desserts](/articlesguides/holidays/cincodemayo/mexican-desserts). Jones encourages you to use different fruits in this refreshing dessert, but recommends sticking to ones that are sweet but have acidity. Raspberries are a perfect example.
Provided by Jennifer Jones
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the mangoes, orange zest, sugar, lime juice, and 1 cup water. Process until the mixture is smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl then press gently on and discard any solids (there will be about 3 cups syrup). Transfer to a freezer-safe dish, cover with plastic, and freeze until the mixture is firm 2 inches in from the sides, about 2 hours. Scrape into a food processor and process until the mixture is slushy. Repeat the freezing and processing 2 more times, then freeze for at least 1 hour before serving. DO AHEAD: The ice can be made ahead and stored in the freezer, well wrapped, up to 2 weeks.
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Also known as "sweet rice" or glutinous rice (despite being gluten free), sticky rice is a large white grain that, when steamed, becomes translucent, shiny and, well, sticky. In French, it's called riz gluant or gluey, not much more attractive. There should be a better word for it, because it really is undoubtedly one of the best things to eat under the sun.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put rice in a bowl and rinse several times in cold water until water is clear, not milky, then drain. Cover rice with cold water and let soak for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Drain rice using a fine-meshed sieve or colander (line with cheesecloth if colander holes are too large). Place rice over a pot of rapidly simmering water (don't allow water to touch sieve) and steam, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and flip rice over. Continue steaming, covered, for 10 minutes, until rice is translucent and glossy. Taste to make sure rice is completely cooked; it may take up to 10 minutes more. Turn off heat. Fluff rice with a wooden spoon, then cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While rice cooks, put coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, just until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Put warm rice in a serving bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture over rice and stir well. Leave for 10 minutes to let absorb, then stir in coconut cream. Serve warm or at room temperature with mango slices.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 586, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 87 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 23 grams, Sodium 303 milligrams, Sugar 42 grams
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO-COCONUT SAUCE
As a nice contrast to traditional Christmastime desserts, sweet sticky rice is a refreshing Thai treat made even better with a mango-coconut sauce.-Monnie Norasing, Mansfield, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (3 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Rinse rice and place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover with water; let stand 1 hour., Drain rice and return to dish; add 2 cups water. Microwave, covered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring every 3 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes., Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice 1/2 of a mango; reserve for serving. Peel and coarsely chop remaining mangoes., In a large saucepan, combine coconut milk, brown sugar and salt; cook and stir until heated through and brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in chopped mangoes. Cool slightly., Process mango mixture in batches in a blender until smooth. To serve, place warm or room temperature rice in serving dishes. Spoon sauce over rice; top with sliced mango.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 calories, Fat 10g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 86mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "mango lime rice recipes"
CHILI LIME MANGO CHICKEN AND RICE - MANGO.ORG
INDIAN RICE SALAD WITH MANGO AND LIME DRESSING | VEGAN
Ratings 1Category Lunch, Main Course, SideCuisine Fusion, Indian, VegetarianTotal Time 40 mins
- Put the rice into a pot with the salt and water, bring to a boil, cover with the lid and let simmer on low heat or about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest covered for another 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and put into a big salad bowl to cool down.
- Chop the onion into cubes and fry in a pan with 1 tbsp of oil for about 3 minutes. Add the ground spices and a pinch of salt and let fry another minute or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Transfer the onion mixture to a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes
- Zest and juice the limes and whisk the lime juice and zest with the remaining 2 tbsp of peanut oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in small bowl. Add the dressing to the onion mixture, stir and pour over the rice. Now get in there with your hands and mix everything until the rice is nicely covered with spices and onion bits.
MANGO, LIME AND COCONUT RICE PUDDING – GORDON RAMSAY
GRILLED LIME SALMON WITH AVOCADO-MANGO SALSA AND COCONUT RICE
15 MAGNIFICENT MANGO DESSERTS - ONE GREEN PLANET
BLACK STICKY RICE MANGO DESSERT - THE WOKS OF LIFE
VEGAN MANGO LIME RICE PUDDING - PEACEFUL DUMPLING
MANGO COCONUT TOFU BOWLS - FRESH SUMMER FLAVORS - BUDGET BYTES
BEST MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MANGO STICKY RICE
SPICY MANGO RICE RECIPE - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
LIME RICE | RICARDO
CHILI LIME MANGO CHICKEN AND RICE - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
MANGO RICE RECIPE | MAMIDIKAYA PULIHORA - SWASTHI'S …
BEST RECIPE FOR MANGO RICE - HOW TO MAKE QUICK 15 …
15-MINUTE MANGO LIME CHICKEN WITH RICE AND BEANS
GUACAMOLE RICE DIP, FRESH MANGO & LIME | CAROLINA® RICE
MANGO CHICKEN WITH COCONUT RICE - DAMN DELICIOUS
SWEET MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE WITH JASMINE | CAROLINA® RICE
SPICY MANGO CHICKEN AND RICE BOWL | MINUTE® RICE
MANGO LIME RICE RECIPE – MANGO RECIPES – RICE RECIPES
MAKE STICKY RICE WITH MANGO IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES WITH
MANGO CHICKEN AND RICE - EASY CHICKEN DINNER WITH BRIGHT FLAVORS
20 BEST MANGO RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH MANGO | RECIPES, …
MANGO-LIME RICE | RECIPE | LIME RICE RECIPES, RECIPES, LIME RICE
MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MANGO CHICKEN OVER RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
INDIAN-SPICED MANGO RICE BOWLS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
MANGO LIME PIE | RICARDO
MANGO, LIME AND COCONUT RICE PUDDING - CHEFESRECIPES.COM
CHILI CRISP CHICKEN MANGO CUCUMBER RICE BOWL.
EASY STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE: YELLOW CURRY FRIED RICE WITH MANGO & PEPPERS - BLUE APRON
SWEET MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE WITH JASMINE | MINUTE® RICE
EASY COCONUT-MANGO RICE SIDE DISH RECIPE | FOODTALK
MANGO CHICKEN MEAL PREP WITH CILANTRO LIME RICE AND MANGO …
MANGO CILANTRO RICE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CREAMY COCONUT MANGO RICE - GARLIC & ZEST
MANGO LIME RICE RECIPE WITH LEFT OVER RICE (ENGLISH)
You'll also love