GRILLED VENISON BACKSTRAP
A grilled venison backstrap recipe with a simple marinade that leads to the most tender, juicy and flavorful deer backstrap you'll ever eat!
Provided by Gina Matsoukas
Categories Main Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade together in a small bowl.
- Place the venison in a sealable plastic or silicone bag.
- Pour the marinade into the bag, seal shut and massage the marinade into the venison with the bag closed.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours up to overnight in the refrigerator with the bag/venison laying flat.
- Take the venison out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before grilling to come to room temperature.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 500°F.
- Using tongs, remove the venison from the bag and place on the grill over direct heat.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches between 120-135°F for medium-rare to medium. (*see note)
- Remove the backstrap from the grill to a cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 179 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 12 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 69 grams protein, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 146 grams sodium, Sugar 2 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams unsaturated fat
MARINADE FOR VENISON BACKSTRAP
I made my very first backstrap tonight, and it was magnificent! I searched all over for a nice marinade, and took a little from a whole bunch of different recipes to make this simple, flavorful marinade. We also painted it over some fresh veggies and grilled them along with the venison. This marinade will also work well with pork loin, chicken, or fish. After marinating, we wrapped the backstrap in bacon and grilled it. Yummmmm.
Provided by SheCooksToConquer
Yield 3/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix all ingredients together, stir well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Marinate meat for four hours at least. Overnight would be even better.
- Be sure to brush marinade over meat while it is grilling.
- NOTE: Makes enough to marinate up to 4 pounds of meat.
GRILLED VENISON BACKSTRAP
Tender chunks of venison are marinated twice, and wrapped in thick bacon before being grilled until crispy on the outside. A venison version of Filet Mignon. This is a heavenly use of the best part of a deer. For the BBQ sauce, I prefer hickory flavored.
Provided by TIKCUF99
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place chunks of venison into a shallow baking dish, and pour enough apple cider in to cover them. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove, and pat dry. Discard apple cider, and return venison to the dish. Pour barbeque sauce over the chunks, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 more hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Charcoal is best, but if you must, use gas. Remove meat from the refrigerator, and let stand for 30 minutes, or until no longer chilled. Wrap each chunk of venison in a slice of bacon, and secure with toothpicks.
- Brush the grill grate with olive oil when hot, and place venison pieces on the grill so they are not touching. The bacon will kick up some flames, so be ready. Grill, turning occasionally, until the bacon becomes slightly burnt, 15 to 20 minutes. The slower, the better. Dig in, and prepare to want more!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1436.2 calories, Carbohydrate 95.1 g, Cholesterol 308.6 mg, Fat 82.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 71.8 g, SaturatedFat 27.7 g, Sodium 3441.3 mg, Sugar 72.4 g
EMILY'S MARINATED VENISON STEAKS
I threw this together one afternoon, as we needed to use up the venison we had in our freezer. We don't like the 'gamey' taste of some meats, and this marinade did the trick! I find it best to have the meat marinate overnight so it really takes in the flavors.
Provided by Thorney
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, onion, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, salt, thyme, black pepper, garlic, and hot pepper sauce together in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze to remove excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove venison from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook the steaks until they are firm, hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 79.5 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 1865.5 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
MARINATED VENISON BACKSTRAP
Tender, juicy, flavorful venison backstrap that is marinated then pan seared or grilled until nicely browned on the outside and lightly pink on the inside. Super easy to make, melt in your mouth venison without the gamey taste!
Provided by Rachel Riesgraf
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish or a ziploc bag. Add the backstrap and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours, flipping halfway through.
- 30 minutes before you're ready to cook, remove the venison from the marinade, rinse off and pat dry. Set on a clean plate and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat an oven-safe cast iron skillet or staineless steel skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the backstrap and sear on all sides until a nice brown crust forms, including the ends by using tongs to stand the backstrap in the pan.
- If using an oven-safe skillet, transfer the skillet with the backstrap to the preheated oven. If your skillet isn't oven-safe, transfer the backstrap to an oven-safe dish with a little olive oil. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 130-135 degrees F. for medium-rare. Keep in mind that the internal temperature will continue to rise once removed from the heat. Transfer the backstrap to a plate and loosely tent with tinfoil for 5-10 minutes before slicing. While resting, the temperature will rise another 5-10 degrees bringing it closer to medium doneness.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the backstrap on the hot grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, then flip and continue to cook another 6-8 minutes.
- The backstrap is done when a meat thermometer reads 130-135 degrees F. for medium-rare. Keep in mind that the internal temperature will continue to rise once removed from the heat. Transfer the backstrap to a plate and loosely tent with tinfoil for 5-10 minutes before slicing. While resting, the temperature will rise another 5-10 degrees bringing it closer to medium doneness.
More about "marinade for venison backstrap recipes"
GARLIC-HERB VENISON MARINADE | MEATEATER COOK
VENISON MARINADE: OUR HOW TO GUIDE + 12 EASY RECIPES
MAKE THE PERFECT VENISON MARINADE - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
10 BEST VENISON BACKSTRAP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SMOKED VENISON BACKSTRAP RECIPE - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
10 BEST MARINADES FOR DEER MEAT - FOOD.COM
5 BEST VENISON MARINADES TO PLEASE YOUR TASTE BUDS
10 BEST VENISON MARINADE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MARINATED VENISON BACKSTRAP - FARM FRESH FOR LIFE
HOW TO PERFECTLY COOK A VENISON STEAK - MEATEATER
EASY VENISON MARINADE - LEGENDARY WHITETAIL'S BLOG
8 BEST VENISON MARINADES - PETERSEN'S HUNTING
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
4 VENISON BACKSTRAP RECIPES PERFECT FOR YOUR HARVESTS THIS SEASON
ALL-PURPOSE VENISON MARINADE - MISS ALLIE'S KITCHEN
TOP 45 VENISON FAJITAS RECIPE-RECIPES
VENISON TENDERLOIN ROAST RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
VENISON MARINADE - DEER MEAT MARINADE RECIPES | HANK …
BEST MARINADE FOR VENISON BACKSTRAP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MARINATED TENDERLOIN OF VENISON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST DAMN VENISON BACKSTRAP | LEGENDARY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MARINATE DEER BACKSTRAP - GONE OUTDOORS
VENISON STEAK MARINADE - VENISON MARINADE FOR A GOURMET …
MARINATED VENISON TENDERLOIN - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
6 SCRUMPTIOUS VENISON MARINADE RECIPES - PETERSEN'S HUNTING
GRILLED MARINATED VENISON BACKSTRAP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
MARINATED VENISON BACK STRAP OR PORK TENDERLOIN - THE HEALTH NUT …
SMOKED VENISON BACKSTRAP RECIPE - HOW TO SMOKE VENISON
THE 8-BEST DEER BACKSTRAP RECIPE(S)- TAKING DELICIOUSNESS TO A …
EASY VENISON BACKSTRAP - CAST IRON RECIPES
MARINATED & GRILLED VENISON TENDERLOIN - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
EASY GRILLED VENISON BACKSTRAP - BITZ & GIGGLES
BACKSTRAP VENISON RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TOP 3 WAYS TO COOK MOIST VENISON BACKSTRAPS - GRACE IN MY SPACE
5 GREAT VENISON MARINADES THAT COMPLEMENT THE FLAVOR …
WILD GAME MARINADE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
MARINADE FOR VENISON BACKSTRAP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HOW TO COOK THE BEST VENISON BACKSTRAP RECIPES - FIELD …
EASY MARINADE FOR VENISON BACKSTRAP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PERFECT VENISON BACKSTRAP OR TENDERLOIN | VIRGINIA DWR
VENISON BACKSTRAP WITH A GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - AUDREY'S LITTLE FARM
HOW TO BRINE AND SMOKE VENISON BACKSTRAP - LIVEOUTDOORS
RECIPE FOR VENISON STEAK MARINADE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE PERFECT VENISON BACKSTRAP ROAST RECIPE - GAME & FISH
#course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #condiments-etc #easy #beginner-cook #marinades-and-rubs #wild-game #deer #meat
You'll also love