- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stew apples until very tender. Push stewed apples through a fine sieve to puree. Mix together 3/4 cup of apple puree, sugar, sherry, butter, eggs, heavy cream, lemon juice and nutmeg. Line a deep, 8-inch, pie plate with the puff pastry. Pour apple mixture into the pie crust and bake about 1 hour, or until set. It will look similar to a pumpkin pie. Cool before serving.
This pie is delicious, with a very unique flavor. I read somewhere Marlborough Pies were originally one of the traditional Thanksgiving desserts. Hope you enjoy it! I got the recipe from a Domino sugar brochure many years ago.
Provided by Charmed
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pie crust and blend well.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 and bake 15 minutes longer, until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes outclean.
- Cool on a wire rack If desired, garnish with sweetened whipped cream.
- NOTE: To avoid the crust from browning too quickly, cover the edges with aluminum foil and remove 10 minutes for the pie finishing baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.6, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 113.4, Sodium 333.4, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 20.1, Protein 4.6
More about "marlborough pudding recipes"
APPLE AND LEMON MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE FROM …
Servings 8Total Time 6 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- If you are using fresh apples rather than applesauce, prepare the apples by peeling, slicing, and chopping the apples. Then, stew them in a sauce pan on medium heat until they are the consistency of applesauce (about 20-30 minutes or so depending on the type of apple you use and how hard or soft the apples are.) If you want a smoother texture to your finished applesauce, you can strain the mixture through a sieve or use an immersion blender to make a smoother sauce. I chose not to do this, though, and the texture of my pie still turned out fine.
- While the apples are cooking down into applesauce, prepare the pie pastry, using your favorite recipe, and then let the pastry dough chill in the fridge while you mix up the rest of the ingredients for the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the rest of the pie filling by creaming together the butter and the sugar. Then add in the applesauce and stir to combine.
- Add in the lightly beaten eggs, the nutmeg and the salt. Then add in the lemon peel and juice and stir well to combine.
MARLBOROUGH PIE HISTORICAL RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE A …
MARLBOROUGH PIE - GASTRO OBSCURA
BAKE LUXURIOUS 19TH-CENTURY MARLBOROUGH PIE - GASTRO …
MARLBOROUGH PIE - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING - COOKSINFO
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING. - FREE ONLINE LIBRARY
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING PIE : OLD_RECIPES - REDDIT.COM
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE - COOKSINFO
MARLBOROUGH PIE: A TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING DESSERT - SIPPITYSUP
MARLBOROUGH PIE: AN OLD-TIME NEW ENGLAND RECIPE - ARCH
TRY THIS PERFECT SUMMER PUDDING - MARLBOROUGH NEWS
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE - AMERICAN COOKERY BY AMELIA …
1831 MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE - THE COOK NOT MAD …
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING PIE WITH OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING – RECIPES NETWORK
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING (PIE) - CONNECTICUT EXPLORED
RECIPE: MARLBOROUGH PUDDING FOR PATSY - RECIPELINK.COM
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE - SEACOASTONLINE.COM
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE BY FARM.FARES | IFOOD.TV
LITURGICAL YEAR : RECIPES : MARLBOROUGH PUDDING | CATHOLIC CULTURE
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING | MELBA MARTIN | COPY ME THAT
GLEN AND FRIENDS COOKING - 1831 MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE 😋😋
579. MARLBOROUGH PUDDING - 586. THE CONSERVATIVE PUDDING
OUR 10 BEST PUDDING RECIPES OF ALL TIME | ALLRECIPES
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING | HOMEMADE DESSERTS, HERITAGE RECIPE, …
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING (PIE) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MARLBOROUGH PIE: A THANKSGIVING FAVORITE ALMOST LOST TO HISTORY
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING (PIE) | MARCBLASE | COPY ME THAT
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING - YOUTUBE
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING FROM LA CUISINE CREOLE BY LAFCADIO HEARN
MARLBOROUGH PUDDING | PUDDING RECIPES, PUDDING, ENGLISH DESSERTS
A MARLBOROUGH PUDDING
JUBILEE PUDDING RECIPE : KS2 PLATINUM JUBILEE DESIGN A PUDDING …
REDISCOVER OLD-FASHIONED MARLBOROUGH PUDDING – …
1831 Marlborough Pudding Recipe - The Cook Not Mad Cookbook - The Old Cookbook Show51K views-12:15
Marlborough Pudding8.5K views-01:19
Conner Prairie - Thanksgiving - Marlborough Pudding463 views-06:55
Marborough Apple Pie646 views-06:51
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Marlborough pudding?Here, Marlborough pie is a staple at Thanksgiving, where visitors can watch it being made, although only the employees at the Village may partake in the joy of eating it. “Marlborough pudding is probably one of the favorites of everyone in the Village,” says Ramsey. “It has a really nice, light flavor. It probably disappears the most on the table.”
What is Marlborough pie?A single-crust pie of stewed apples in a custard fragrant with nutmeg, citrus, and sherry, Marlborough pie originated in England as a custard pudding and crossed the Atlantic with early English settlers. It has since embraced its Americanness as another take on the beloved national dessert: apple pie.
When was the first known American pudding recipe published?The recipe was strikingly similar to the Marlborough pudding recipe in the first known American cookbook, published in 1796: Amelia Simmons’s American Cookery. A costumed interpreter makes pies at Old Sturbridge Village. Courtesy Old Sturbridge Village So, is it a pie or a pudding?
How do you freeze Marlborough pie dough?Divide the dough into two balls. Wrap and freeze one for a rainy day, then use the other one for the Marlborough pie. I refrigerated my pie dough for an hour, to let the gluten settle and the dough hydrate evenly.