MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES
Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches were born when Tennessee gave us the Moon Pie in 1917, marking one giant leap for snack-kind. The homemade version is out of this world. Graham crackers are surprisingly easy to make; try our Cinnamon and Sugar Graham Crackers recipe.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 9
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Coat a 9-inch square bakingpan with cooking spray; line withparchment. Sprinkle gelatin over1/3 cup water in the bowl of a mixer;let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat granulated sugar, cornsyrup, remaining 1/3 cup water, and1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan overmedium-high heat, stirring occasionally,until syrup reaches 238 degrees on acandy thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk gelatin in mixer on lowspeed, adding syrup in a slow, steadystream down side of bowl. Whisk,gradually increasing speed to high,until almost tripled in volume,about 8 minutes. Whisk in vanilla.Transfer to baking pan. Smooth top.Let stand until set, at least 3 hours.
- Cut out nine 2 1/2-inch squaremarshmallowsusing a cookie cutteror a knife dipped in confectioners'sugar. Dip surface of crackers intochocolate to coat, and transferto parchment-lined baking sheets.Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.Sandwich marshmallowsbetween crackers, chocolate sides in.
- Dip half of each sandwich intochocolate, on the diagonal; sprinklewith peanuts, and transfer to aparchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerateuntil set, about 10 minutes.
MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES
These are super easy to make and kids love them. You can make the cookies in any shape you want. I've even added a little food coloring to the dough (I made a green shamrock version for a St. Patrick's day treat). The original recipe calls for 12 marshmallows, but you may need more (or less) depending on what sort of cut out shape you make. Also, you can use what ever you'd like to drizzle on top. I've used regular chocolate and white chocolate (tinted with food coloring if you wish). You could also use frosting if you want, but I personally didn't like how they turned out when I was experimenting with toppings.
Provided by Micki Lea
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on package/recipe.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface (I like to use powdered sugar instead of flour) and cut cookies into desired shapes (about 1/8" thickness) and bake for 7-9 minutes. Make sure you have an even number of cookies.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place half of the cookies bottom side up on a microwaveable plate and place one marshmallow on each.
- Microwave for about 15 seconds or until marshmallow puffs up. You may have to do this a few at a time, depending on the size of your microwave.
- Top with the remaining cookies (bottom side down) to make a sandwich.
- Melt chocolate chips until smooth either on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the sandwich cookies.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely before serving or storing in a air tight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.2, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 12.3, Sodium 185.8, Carbohydrate 35.2, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 17, Protein 2.2
TOASTED MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES
Marshmallow is the star ingredient in these chewy-sweet sandwich cookies. Lightly toasting a tray of marshmallows deepens their toasty vanilla-sugar flavor and softens them just enough to beat with butter to create the base of the smooth, slightly sticky batter. After baking, gooey marshmallow creme is sandwiched between them for a final pop of marshmallow texture.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 toasted marshmallow sandwich cookies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Spread the marshmallows on the baking sheet and broil until puffed and toasted (but not charred), flipping halfway through, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the cooled toasted marshmallows and stir with a rubber spatula, smashing in the marshmallows until incorporated (a few marshmallow lumps are fine). Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Cover the dough and refrigerate until no longer sticky, 2 to 4 hours.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350˚ F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the sanding sugar in a shallow bowl. Scoop the chilled dough into 24 balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Roll in the sugar and arrange about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake, switching the pans halfway through, until the cookies are set and lightly golden around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool 3 to 5 minutes on the pans, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Turn half the cookies over so the flat side is up. Top each with about 2 teaspoons marshmallow cream. Let stand about 5 minutes so the marshmallow starts to spread, then top with a second cookie, flat-side down. Gently press and let stand about 10 minutes more; the marshmallow cream will spread to the edge.
MALT CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW SANDWICHES
These cookies contain three distinct textures in each bite: a chocolate malt shortbread cookie, a soft marshmallow center, and a smooth dark chocolate ganache topping. They are sophisticated cookies, but the flavors are inspired by a favorite childhood treat: malted milk balls. The secret ingredient is malted chocolate drink powder such as in Ovaltine, Milo or Bournvita powder. The gold leaf or flaky sea salt topping is optional, but don't hold back if you're ready to dive into something that looks as exquisite as it tastes.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 16 to 18 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Prepare the cookies: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, malted chocolate powder and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey and salt. Mix with the paddle attachment on low speed until completely incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the flour mixture and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until it comes together in a smooth dough. Transfer to a work surface and pat into a 1-inch disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Wash and dry the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the ganache topping: Transfer the chocolate pieces to a small bowl. In a small pot, heat the cream gently over low heat until it just begins to steam, about 4 to 5 minutes. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate pieces. Allow the chocolate and cream mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the ganache is smooth. Set aside.
- Position oven racks near the center and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the dough is chilled, unwrap and place the dough in the center of a sheet of parchment. Place the second sheet of parchment on top and roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Peel off the top layer of parchment and use it to line one of the baking sheets. Line a second baking sheet with parchment. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and transfer them to the lined baking sheets, spacing them about 1 ½ inches apart. Press scraps together, and fold the remaining parchment over the dough. Reroll and cut out rounds. (You can reroll the dough up to 2 times.) Bake until the cookies are set and the tops lose their shine, about 12 minutes, rotating the pans and switching racks halfway through baking. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 to 10 minutes before moving the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the marshmallow filling: In a small pot, combine the sugar, honey, salt and 1/4 cup water. Stir to incorporate and cook over medium-high until the sugar dissolves and the temperature of the syrup reaches 240 degrees, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Sprinkle in the gelatin and gently stir to moisten the grains. Allow the gelatin to bloom, about 3 minutes, while the sugar mixture cooks.
- When the sugar reaches 240 degrees and the gelatin has bloomed, turn the mixer on low, and slowly add the syrup in an even stream. Increase the speed to high and whip the mixture until the meringue is thick and doubled, about 5 to 7 minutes. Scoop the mixture into a piping bag, seal the top by twisting, snip the end and set aside.
- Assemble the cookies: Pipe a 1-inch mound of meringue on the flat side of half the cookies, leaving a 1/8-inch border. Allow to set for 2 to 3 minutes, then top each with another cookie. Thoroughly stir the ganache until smooth. Spoon a tablespoon of ganache in the center of each top cookie and spread evenly over the surface, allowing the ganache to drip down the sides. (If your ganache is completely cooled and set at this point, you can stir and spread it like frosting, or see Tip below for loosening.) Once all the cookies have been topped with ganache, allow the ganache to set slightly, about 5 minutes, and top each with gold leaf accents or luster dust, if using. Allow the cookies to set before serving, about 15 minutes.
SICHUAN PEPPERCORN AND TOASTED MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES RECIPE BY TASTY
Ready for a unique holiday cookie? These shortbread cookies have a hint of tongue-tingling Sichuan peppercorn and a torched marshmallow sandwiched in between.
Provided by Talia Goldstein
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and Sichuan peppercorns.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the dough comes together.
- Roll dough into a 1½ inch log, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap dough and slice into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 1-2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Flip half of the cookies over. Place a marshmallow on each of the flipped cookies. Using a kitchen torch, toast the marshmallows until they puff up and char in some spots. Top with the remaining cookies to form the sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, Sugar 7 grams
More about "marshmallow cookie sandwiches recipes"
MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES | VERY BEST BAKING
Servings 8Category Cookies
MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES - EASY RECIPES
MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES - SMART SCHOOL HOUSE
GINGERBREAD COOKIE SANDWICHES WITH MARSHMALLOW …
10 BEST MARSHMALLOW COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEANUT BUTTER & MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES
SOUTH YOUR MOUTH: COOKIE SANDWICHES WITH NO-FAIL …
MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPE AND METHOD
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE-COATED MARSHMALLOW COOKIES
33 SANDWICH COOKIE RECIPES BETTER THAN ANY OREO - TASTE OF HOME
30 BEST COOKIE SANDWICHES FOR A SWEET TREAT - INSANELY GOOD
CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES & MARSHMALLOW CREAM FILLING RECIPE
MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
SNICKERDOODLE SANDWICH COOKIES WITH MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM
CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW COOKIES | RICARDO
MARSHMALLOW CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES - OF BATTER AND DOUGH
10 BEST MARSHMALLOW CREME SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
MARSHMALLOW PEEPS COOKIE SANDWICHES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES - ERREN'S KITCHEN
ROBINHOOD | MARSHMALLOW FILLED SANDWICH COOKIES
17+ BEST COOKIES WITH MARSHMALLOWS RECIPES - INTO THE COOKIE JAR
BEST CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPE - WOMAN'S …
RECIPE MARSHMALLOW SANDWICHES
MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
PEPPERMINT MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES RECIPE | RECIPE | MARSHMALLOW …
CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH COOKIES, THE KITCHEN …
CHOCOLATE-MARSHMALLOW SANDWICHES RECIPE - TODD ENGLISH | FOOD …
MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICH RECIPE? – SWEETANDSARA
CHOCOLATE CHIP S'MORE COOKIE SANDWICHES | BAKED BY RACHEL
MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM COOKIE SANDWICHES - DOUGHP …
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW SANDWICH BISCUITS | SNACK RECIPES | GOODTO
CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES (MARSHMALLOW CREME) - DINNER, THEN …
HOT CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES - CLOUDY KITCHEN
MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES RECIPE | RECIPE | MARSHMALLOW …
S'MORES COOKIE SANDWICHES - COOKING CLASSY
S'MORES COOKIE SANDWICHES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
TOASTED MARSHMALLOW ICE CREAM COOKIE SANDWICHES
PEEPS ® MARSHMALLOW COOKIE SANDWICHES RECIPE
HOT COCOA SANDWICH COOKIES WITH MARSHMALLOW FLUFF FILLING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are marshmallow cookie sandwiches?Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches were born when Tennessee gave us the Moon Pie in 1917, marking one giant leap for snack-kind. The homemade version is out of this world. Graham crackers are surprisingly easy to make; try our Cinnamon and Sugar Graham Crackersrecipe.
How do you make marshmallows with crackers and chocolate?Directions. Cut out nine 2 1/2-inch square marshmallows using a cookie cutter or a knife dipped in confectioners' sugar. Dip surface of crackers into chocolate to coat, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. Sandwich marshmallows between crackers, chocolate sides in.
What are the best cookies to make with marshmallows?Hot Cocoa Cookies are the best combination of a soft, chewy chocolate cookie, a brownie, and hot cocoa with marshmallows. They are such a classic cookie and happen to also be gluten free, so they can accommodate special diets! Silicone baking mats – I use this brand and my cookies slide right off without burning! a cookie scoop – get this one.