AFGHANI KABLI PULAO
This is a delicious kabli pulao made in a pressure cooker. The rice gets infused with flavor and has the perfect texture. This is a must-try! You can also prepare this on your stove top.
Provided by chanty475
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Soak the rice in cool water for 5 minutes. Rinse until water runs clear.
- Place 4 cardamom pods on a cutting board and lightly crush using the flat side of a knife; transfer to a pressure cooker. Add halved onion, garlic head, 4 cloves, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon cumin seed, salt, sugar, cinnamon stick, paprika, and coriander seeds. Pour in water to cover.
- Seal pressure cooker lid and turn heat to high. Cook until pressure cooker whistles once, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Wait for 2 more whistles, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to release naturally, about 10 minutes.
- Strain broth into a bowl. Clean out the pressure cooker and heat it over medium heat. Add oil and chopped onion; cook and stir until softened and browned, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add carrots; cook until soft, about 3 minutes more. Add raisins, almonds, and strained rice. Add remaining 1 teaspoon black pepper, remaining 1 teaspoon cumin seed, and remaining clove.
- Crush remaining cardamom seed to a powder and add to the pressure cooker. Mix to combine; pour in enough broth to cover the rice.
- Increase heat to high and seal the pressure cooker. Cook until the first whistle, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Let rest for 7 minutes; release the pressure naturally, about 10 minutes. Transfer cooked rice to a serving dish immediately to prevent overcooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.3 calories, Carbohydrate 70.7 g, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 401.5 mg, Sugar 10.1 g
The beauty of this easy, warming Indian rice dish is not only that it's all made in one pot, but also that it can easily be adapted - swap in different vegetables (this is a great dish for frozen vegetables!), substitute half the water for coconut milk or tinker with the spice ratios. Traditionally, pulao is eaten with papad (crisps traditionally made of lentils, rice or chickpeas), achaar (pickle) and yogurt - but it's just as great by itself, drizzled with a little extra ghee.
Provided by Priya Krishna
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Thoroughly rinse the rice in a fine-mesh sieve until the water running under the sieve looks clear. Soak the rice in water in a medium bowl for 15 to 20 minutes - close to the time it'll take for you to assemble the other ingredients and cut the vegetables. Drain the rice, ensuring there isn't any excess water dripping off the grains (this will result in mushy pulao).
- In a medium Dutch oven, melt the ghee over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, and once they start to brown and dance around in the oil, about a minute, turn the heat down to low and add the remainder of the spices (black peppercorns, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, turmeric). Cook, stirring, for another minute, until fragrant, turn the heat back up to medium and add the vegetables and rice. Toss to coat everything in the oil and spices, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are just beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the salt and 2 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once it's boiling, turn the heat down to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes (if your burner is small, this could be more like 20 minutes). Then, remove from the heat and let the pulao sit, undisturbed and still covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and gently mix. Serve with papad, yogurt and achaar or simply drizzle with ghee.
This is a recipe I use a lot to give in my hubby's tiffin. Perfect with a vegetable or a raita on the side. Has a lovely flavour. Cooking time and preparation time approximate.
Provided by Girl from India
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Marinate the meat in the ginger paste, garlic paste, raw papaya paste (tenderiser), curd, salt and garam masala for atleast 2 hours.
- Fry 1/2 the onions slices in a little ghee.
- When brown add the green chillies and then the marinated meat.
- When browned put 1/2 a cup of water and cook almost done.
- Now heat the rest of the ghee and add the whole spices to it.
- Then add the onion and saute till they are golden brown.
- Add the chopped coriander and mint leaves and stir sry.
- Add the rice, washed and drained.
- Add the lime juice and stir.
- add some salt if reqd.
- Add the meat without the gravy and mix well.
- Now add a little water to the gravy and measure 5.
- 5 cups and add to the mixture of rice and meat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir once and then cover and simmer till all the rice is absorbed and you cannot see any liquids when you tilt the vessel and holes form at the surface in the rice.
- Serve hot with a raita.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1446.1, Fat 93.7, SaturatedFat 37.9, Cholesterol 125.9, Sodium 93, Carbohydrate 124.9, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 5.3, Protein 24.8
More about "meat pulao recipes"
YAKHNI PULAO | MUTTON YAKHNI PULAO | GOAT MEAT PILAF
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 500 per serving
- Place the fennel seeds and whole coriander seeds in a clean piece of muslin cloth (known as malmal ka kapra in Urdu / Hindi) and tie a knot around it, or tie it tightly with cotton thread. This is known as potli in Urdu or bouquet garni in English. In case muslin cloth isn’t available, a tea infuser ball can also be used. Just make sure it’s the right size.
MUTTON PULAO | MUTTON YAKHNI PILAU | PAKISTANI & INDIAN …
4.6/5 (44)Servings 5Cuisine Pakistani, IndianTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Heat the oil in a deep pot. Add the sliced onions and saute well, stirring often so the onions brown evenly
- Once the onions and a deep golden brow, add the garlic, ginger, whole cumin seeds and mutton. Saute this well, stirring often and ensuring the mutton gets good contact with the base of the pot which will help it to brown well
- Tie all the whole spices in your cloth and tie well. Add this to your pot, alongside the salt and 7 cups of water
- Allow this to simmer covered on low for about 1hr 15mins. If the mutton isn't cooked through by this point, simmer for a further 15 minutes, continuing to do so until the mutton is cooked but not tender/breaking to the touch
MUTTON YAKHNI PULAO - SIMPLE, FLAVOURFUL - MY FOOD STORY
5/5 (3)Calories 643 per servingCategory Main Course
INSTANT POT PULAO » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
CHICKEN PULAO (INSTANT POT & STOVETOP) - SWASTHI'S …
MATAR PULAO (PEAS PULAO) - I KNEAD TO EAT
MEAT PULAO | INDIAN | NON-VEGETARIAN | RECIPE - BAWARCHI
9 BEST VEG PULAO RECIPES TO TRY AT HOME - NDTV FOOD
CHICKEN PULAO RECIPE (PRESSURE COOKER PULAO) - FUN FOOD FROLIC
PULAO RECIPE | VEG PULAO | VEGETABLE PULAO | PULAV - SWASTHI'S …
BIRYANI WHO? GET READY TO FALL IN LOVE WITH AFGHANI PULAO
PAKISTANI PULAO RECIPE – A TRADITIONAL SAVORY RECIPE
PEAS PULAO RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MATAR PULAO - FELICITY PLUS
MATAR PULAO (PEAS PULAO) - COOK WITH MANALI
BANANA CHIPS TO BASANTI PULAO: 4 HEALTHY RECIPES FROM REGIONAL …
TAWA PULAO RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
POILA BAISAKH RECIPES - SORBET, PULAO, MATHANIA MUTTON AND HALWA ...
VEG PULAO RECIPE (PULAV) - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
ALOO MATAR PULAO | HOMEMADE | EASY | NEW RECIPE | RAHIMAS KITCHEN
CHICKEN PULAO RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY PEAS PULAO RECIPE (MATAR PULAO) INSTANT POT + STOVETOP
AFGHANI PULAO - COOK WITH MANALI
ANINDYA AND MADHUSHREE - INSTAGRAM
MUTTON PULAO || TRADITIONAL AUTHENTIC RECIPE - YOUTUBE
You'll also love