HEARTY MEATBALL SANDWICH
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and half of the mozzarella cheese. Form the mixture into a log, and place it into an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is no longer pink. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice into 1/2 inch slices. Place a few slices onto each hoagie roll, cover with marinara sauce, and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over.
- Wrap each sandwich with aluminum foil, and return to the oven for 15 minutes, until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before eating. Each sandwich serves 2.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.6 calories, Carbohydrate 43.1 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29.3 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 1068.5 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
Homemade meatball sandwiches....from the meatballs to the sauce! The meatballs are baked, not fried, and the sauce and meatballs cook cook for almost 2 hours to create a delicious aroma and taste! Mama-mia!
Provided by breezermom
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Slice the french rolls in half. On one side of each roll, scrape out a hollow trough for the meatballs to nestle inches With the bread you scrape out, save 1 cup of the breadcrumbs for the meatballs. Place the buns back in a plastic bag and set aside.
- For the meatballs:.
- Take the 1 cup of breadcrumbs from the rolls and combine it with the milk in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the sausage and the next 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place the meatballs in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
- For the Sauce:.
- Saute the green peppers, chopped onion, and 2 cloves minced garlic in oil in a large saucepan until the vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, water, sugar, 1 1/2 tsp basil, and 1/4 tsp oregano; stir well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the reserved meatballs; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- To assemble the sandwiches:.
- Take the French rolls out of the bag and brush lightly with the softened butter. Place cheese on the flat side of the bread (not the one you hollowed out for the meatballs). I cut my cheese slices in half so that they fit nicely on the bread and cover all the bread.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat until lightly toasted and the cheese is melted and gooey -- watch carefully so the cheese doesn't burn.
- Spoon meatball mixture onto the hollowed out side of the buns, and top with the cheese covered side of the bun. Enjoy!
These crowd-pleasing sandwiches are great when you're hosting a holiday open house or progressive dinner. Keep the meatballs warm in a slow cooker on your buffet table, and guests can serve themselves as they arrive.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels., Meanwhile, for sauce, in a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, tomato paste, salt, sugar, oregano, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Add the meatballs. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. , Discard bay leaf. Spoon five meatballs with sauce onto each bun bottom. Sprinkle with cheese. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690 calories, Fat 20g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 1519mg sodium, Carbohydrate 96g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place ground sirloin in a large mixing bowl and punch a well into the center of meat. Fill well with the egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire, parsley, cheese, and a little salt and pepper. Mix up meatball ingredients until well combined, yet not over-mixed. Divide mix into 4 equal parts, roll each part into 4 balls and space equally onto a nonstick baking sheet. Place meatballs in oven and roast about 12 minutes. Break a meatball open and make sure meat is cooked through before removing from the oven.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and garlic. When garlic starts sizzling, add herbs and crushed pepper. Allow oil to infuse for half a minute, then stir in the tomatoes and season sauce with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer until meatballs are removed from oven.
- Combine meatballs and sauce and pile into sub rolls, 4 meatballs per sub. Top with shredded cheese and place under subs under broiler to melt cheese. Top with shredded basil or arugula and serve with a pile of Oven Fries.
- Drizzle potatoes with a generous pour of extra-virgin olive oil. Toss potatoes with seasoning blend or coarse salt and pepper. Place potatoes on a nonstick baking sheet and roast 20 minutes or until just tender. Give the baking sheet a good shake after 10 minutes to avoid sticking.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, veal, egg, onion, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined. Scoop the mixture into mini muffin tins. Bake until browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve on split biscuits with sauce and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup Parmesan, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended. Add butter and combine with fingertips until a coarse meal forms. Mix in parsley. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until moist clumps form. Add extra milk if mixture is dry. Put dough on a floured work surface, folding 8 to 10 times until it becomes firm. Let rest for 10 minutes under a damp towel. Roll out on lightly floured work surface. Using a 2-inch-diameter biscuit ring, cut out biscuits and put on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until biscuits are puffed and golden, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium pan over high heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until softened, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and allow to simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, about 25 minutes. Stir in fresh basil just before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, gently mix by hand the ground beef, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Shape into 12 meatballs, and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. Meanwhile, cut the baguette in half lengthwise, and remove some of the bread from the inside to make a well for the meatballs. Brush with olive oil, and season with garlic powder and salt. Slip the baguette into the oven during the last 5 minutes of the meatball's time, or until lightly toasted.
- While the bread toasts, warm the spaghetti sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. When the meatballs are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the sauce. Spoon onto the baguette and top with slices of provolone cheese. Return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Cool slightly, cut into servings, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 780.9 calories, Carbohydrate 78.2 g, Cholesterol 141.2 mg, Fat 31.9 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 43.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1473.4 mg, Sugar 12.5 g
In this classic Italian American sandwich, tender meatballs drenched in tomato sauce are tucked into crisp rolls then buried under a blanket of gooey cheese. It's a messy sandwich no matter how you build it or bite into it, but wise construction can help: First, hollow out the rolls a bit so the meatballs have a place to sit. Then, use the leftover crumbs to make the meatballs, which will keep them light. Finally, toast the rolls to prevent them from getting too soggy with sauce. Of course, some crispy-gone-soggy bites are welcome, just as the cheese pulls, sauce drips and messy fingers are, too. They're all part of the experience.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the broiler to high with a rack no more than 6 inches from the heat source. (See Tip if you don't have a broiler.) Using a fork, scrape out some of the interior of the rolls until you get about 1 cup bread crumbs. Add them to a large bowl along with 1/2 cup water, the egg, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Finely grate 1 garlic clove into the mixture, then stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a large (12-inch), oven-proof skillet with olive oil. To the bread crumbs, add the beef, Parmesan and chopped basil. Stir with your hands until combined, avoiding overmixing. Roll into 12 balls (about 2 heaping tablespoons/2 ounces each) and place them in the prepared skillet as you go. Broil the meatballs until browned and nearly cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Move the skillet to the stovetop. Add the marinara sauce, stir to coat the meatballs, and warm over medium-low heat while you toast the rolls: Place the rolls on a baking sheet, cut-side up, and broil until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Rub the cut sides of the roll with the second garlic clove.
- Divide the meatballs and sauce among the rolls, then top with mozzarella. Broil until the mozzarella is melted and browned in spots, 1 to 2 minutes. Top with more grated Parmesan, basil leaves and black pepper.
TASTY MEATBALL SANDWICHES
These sandwiches are so yummy no one will guess frozen meatballs are your secret ingredient! They also make easy appetizers if unexpected guests stop by.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place meatballs in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the next five ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 849mg sodium, Carbohydrate 74g carbohydrate (37g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "meatball sandwich recipes"
THE PERFECT MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE - BAKING MISCHIEF
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 668 per serving
- With an immersion blender, food processor, or blender, process tomatoes until mostly pureed--the texture of chunky salsa. You can also turn the tomatoes out into a bowl and crush them with your hands (don't discard the juices).
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Butter both sides of your French rolls and sprinkle garlic powder over the top. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly toasted.
MEATBALL RECIPE - THE BEST HOMEMADE MEATBALLS! - KRISTINE'S …
OVEN-BAKED MEATBALL SANDWICHES | COOKING PROFESSIONALLY
ITALIAN MEATBALL SANDWICH – GOOD DINNER MOM
THE BEST MEATBALL SUB YOU'LL EVER TRY! · I AM A FOOD BLOG
THE ULTIMATE SMOKED MEATBALL SANDWICHES - VINDULGE
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MEATBALL SUBS? 7 BEST SIDE DISHES
EASY MEATBALL SUB SANDWICHES - 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE
ITALIAN MEATBALL SANDWICH | RICARDO
MEATBALL SUB RECIPE
MEATBALL SUB SANDWICH RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
30 MINUTE MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE - MIDWEST FOODIE
10 LEFTOVER MEATBALL RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
SAUCY MEATBALL SANDWICHES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
THE BEST MEATBALL SUB RECIPE | SAM THE COOKING GUY 4K
MEATBALL SUB SANDWICH - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
MEATBALL SUB SANDWICH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ITALIAN MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOZZARELLA MEATBALL SANDWICHES RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
PARMESAN MEATBALL SANDWICHES RECIPE - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
SAUSAGE MEATBALL SANDWICHES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY DINNER IDEA: OVEN BAKED MEATBALL SANDWICHES RECIPE
EASY MEATBALL SUBS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHICKEN MEATBALL SANDWICH
MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPES | MYRECIPES
EASY FRENCH BREAD MEATBALL SANDWICH - IT'S ALWAYS AUTUMN
MEATBALL SUB - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SWEDISH MEATBALL SANDWICH - BLUE RIBBON GROUP
MEATBALL SANDWICHES WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
COPYCAT SUBWAY’S MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MEATBALL SUB SANDWICH RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY SUBWAY MEATBALL SANDWICH: BEC HARDGRAVE
MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE | MEATBALL SUB | GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES
HEARTY MEATBALL SUB SANDWICH - DELICIOUS DINNER SIMPLE DINNER IDEA
OVEN BAKED MEATBALL SANDWICHES - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
CROCK-POT MEATBALL SANDWICHES - CROCK-POT LADIES
EASY MEATBALL SUBS: USING STORE-BOUGHT MEATBALLS - MOM'S DINNER
BOBBY FLAY MEATBALL SANDWICH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
ITALIAN MEATBALL SANDWICHES - DAMN DELICIOUS
How to Make Meatball Sandwiches | Sandwich Recipes | Allrecipes.com145K views-03:55
The BEST Meatball Subs Recipe ~ How to Make Meatballs & Sub Sandwich Hoagie59K views-04:51
Grandma Teresa's Meatball Sandwich - Recipe110K views-10:48
Easy Meatball Sandwich Recipe by Traeger Grills18K views-03:16
Meatball Hero Sandwich - Recipe with Michael's Home Cooking20K views-10:21
Meatball Sub Sandwich Recipe96K views-03:51
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook meatball sandwiches?Place your meatball sandwiches, as you fill them, directly on the baking sheet. Now, top each sandwich with shredded mozzarella cheese. My favorite part…CHEESE. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees until cheese is melted, hot, and bubbly! Serve with a salad or chips for a super easy meal. Want another easy, cheesy sandwich recipe?
What is a good recipe for meatballs?Meatballs: 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin 1 large egg, beaten 1 cup (3 handfuls), Italian bread crumbs 1 medium onion, chopped fine 4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 2 teaspoons (several drops) Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup (a couple of handfuls) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
What are the ingredients in a meatball sandwich?Ingredients. 1 For the meatballs. 100g/3½oz minced beef. 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped. 4 tsp olive oil. 2 For the sauce. 3 To serve.
How to cook Meatballs on a submarine roll?Heat over medium heat until warm, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of your meatballs. Place 2 to 3 meatballs with a little sauce on half of each submarine roll. Top with some shredded cheese. Return to the oven and bake 3 more minutes until cheese is melted.