MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA BURGERS
Chickpeas and bulgur add a nutty flavor and extra protein to ground beef (and makes the meal more cost-effective) in these Mediterranean-inspired burgers.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, mash feta with the back of a fork until smooth. Stir in yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In small heatproof bowl, combine bulgur and 1/2 cup boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse chickpeas until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and add beef and mint. Drain bulgur and add to chickpea mixture. With your hands, mix until mixture is evenly combined and holds together when pressed into a ball. Divide into four 1-inch-thick patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add patties and cook until browned and crispy on the outside and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Serve on buns with sliced cucumber, tomato, and feta-yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 29 g
MIDDLE EASTERN CHICKEN BURGERS
These flavorful burgers get rave reviews and are remarkably easy to put together. Sauteed onion and yogurt keep the lean chicken patties super moist while a blend of pantry spices makes them taste extra special.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the onion, cinnamon, coriander, pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and season with pepper. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and parsley and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 more minute. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the chicken and yogurt until the onion are evenly mixed. Season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and some pepper. Shape into 4 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the sides of the burgers registers between 165 and 170 degrees F. Brush burgers with the pomegranate molasses and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Serve on toasted buns with fixings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435 calorie, Fat 7 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Carbohydrate 59 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 32 grams
A meal all the family will thoroughly enjoy "young and old"
Provided by jplapat
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Finely chop the onion, and coursley grate the courgette and garlic into a large bowl, add the mince, oregano, basil,tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, grate in the Parmesan and season well with black pepper and a little salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together well by hand the make six good size burgers from the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the burgers for 12 minutes turning half way through.
- Slice the tomato into medium slices and drain the roasted peppers of excess oil and chop into large chunks.
- Whist the burgers are cooking slice the ciabatta rolls in half and grill until slightly browned, serve the burgers on the buns with a tsp off mayonnaise, a good handfull of rocket and a slice off beefy tomato and a tbsp of chopped roasted pepper. Serve with home made chunky chips.
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, Italian sausage, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Form 8 balls out of the meat, and flatten into patties.
- Grill patties for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on buns with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.1 calories, Carbohydrate 3.7 g, Cholesterol 62.9 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 437.5 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
MEDITERRANEAN BURGERS WITH FETA CHEESE
- To make the burgers, combine the ground beef, egg, dried basil and oregano, breadcrumbs, ketchup, garlic, onion and feta in a large bowl and shape into 4 burger patties.
- Grill or sauté in a pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Cook on 1 side for 7 minutes, then turn over and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until beef is done.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Serve the burgers with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305.2, Fat 14.6, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 144.7, Sodium 520.8, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 5.5, Protein 31.6
MEDITERRANEAN BEEF BURGERS
- Trim the courgette and grate it coarsely onto a board, then tip it into a large mixing bowl. Peel the onion and grate it coarsely, then add this to the bowl with the courgette. Put the minced beef, garlic, oregano, basil and tomato paste or puree into the same bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Mix with clean hands until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mince mixture into 4 evenly sized balls and flatten each into a patty shape about 2cm thick. Brush the oil over a large non-stick frying pan and place over a low heat. Fry the burgers gently for about 10 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through, turning them halfway through the cooking time. Preheat the grill to its hottest setting.
- While the burgers are cooking, cut the ciabatta rolls in half horizontally and place them on a grill pan, cut side up. Cook under the preheated grill until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat and take the bread off the tray and put it to one side.
- Place the hot burgers on the tray and top each one with a slice of mozzarella. Put the tray back under the grill for another 1-2 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted.
- Put the bottom half of each roll on a plate and top with sliced tomatoes and basil leaves. Add a dribble of balsamic vinegar and some black pepper. Add a sizzling hot burger, top with the remaining bread and serve right away. Fantastic!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503.2, Fat 24.5, SaturatedFat 9.7, Cholesterol 87.8, Sodium 572.9, Carbohydrate 38.4, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 5.8, Protein 31.5
- In a bowl combine the first 5 ingredients and mix well.
- Form 4 patties.
- Cook on medium heat in a skillet, or on a grill until both sides are light brown.
- Spread russian dressing on both sides of buns, add patties, and spinach leaves, with stems removed.
- Top with other bun half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531.1, Fat 28.1, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 73.7, Sodium 985.8, Carbohydrate 41.7, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 13.6, Protein 27.5
CHEDDAR CHILI BURGERS
Big, bold chili and french-fried onions are a fun alternative to the classic burger fixings of ketchup and mustard. The patties are easy to assemble, making this a great weeknight sandwich. -Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, combine beef and chili powder. Shape into 4 patties. Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink. , Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Place burgers on bun bottoms; top with chili, cheese and onions. Replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584 calories, Fat 28g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 1081mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
GREEN CHILI CHICKEN BURGERS
These burgers are a slightly spicy Southwestern style sandwich. I came up with the idea for these burgers one night when I was feeling really creative, and they were a huge hit with my family.
Provided by Kelly
Number Of Ingredients 17
- To make the guacamole, place the avocado, cilantro, sour cream, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until smooth..
- Mix chicken, canned chiles, jalapeno pepper, green onions, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill each patty 5 minutes per side, until well done. Move the patties to a cooler area of the grill to keep warm, and top each patty with a slice of Cheddar cheese. Lightly grill the buns while the cheese is melting.
- Spread the bottom of each bun with guacamole, and top with 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce and a grilled chicken burger. Spoon 1 tablespoon of salsa on each burger and top with the other half of the bun to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.9 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 101.9 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 38.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 1532.5 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
Friday Night is Pizza or Burger night in our house so I'm always on the look out for new burger & pizza recipes. This was found on Recipes +, can't wait to try it!
Provided by Mandy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil; cook capsicum and onion for 8-10 minutes or until soft and golden, stir in passata, season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring for 1 minute. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat an oiled BBQ.
- Remove casings from sausages and place sausage mince in a mixing bowl, add basil and parmesan; mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until done.
- Place spinach on base of rolls, top with patties, then capsicum mixture and serve.
MEDITERRANEAN CHI-CHI BURGERS
A taste of the mediteranian with a hint of Mexican heat. One of the best burgers I've ever tasted. Many many variations if you choose!
Provided by payps
Yield 8 patties, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix all of the ingredients together and let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes or so . Remove from fridge and make 8 patties . BBQ till done. Serve with grilled eggplant and lettuce or anything else you like on your burger . Can also be called sausage burger. ENJOY!
More about "mediterranean chi chi burgers recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BURGERS - HOOKED ON HEAT
Ratings 32Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl to incorporate well. You can set it aside in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight to intensify the flavours.
- Divide the meat into eight equal portions and form into patties. You can also stretch out the portions to form mini sliders if desired.
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED CHICKEN BURGERS - SIMPLY LEBANESE
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Main CourseServings 5Total Time 20 mins
- Peel and quarter the onion. Combine the onion, cloves of garlic and 2-inch piece of Anaheim pepper in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, onion and garlic mixture, seasonings, bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BURGERS RECIPE - SNAPPY GOURMET
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main DishCalories 355 per serving
- Place mayonnaise, basil, tomatoes, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in food processor and pulse until nearly smooth and well combined. (If you don’t have a food processor, very finely chop the basil, tomatoes, and garlic and mix into mayonnaise)
- Add 1/3 cup of mayonnaise mixture to bowl with chicken, reserve remaining mayonnaise mixture. Combine chicken and mayonnaise with hands or large spoon until just combined being careful not to overmix or pack meat. Form into 4 even patties.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray or coat bottom of pan with oil. Place pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add chicken patties and cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
MEDITERRANEAN SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKPEA BURGERS WITH CASHEW …
MEDITERRANEAN BURGERS WITH TZATZIKI SAUCE - CHEERY KITCHEN
RECIPES MEDITERRANEAN BEEF BURGER | SOSCUISINE
MEDITERRANEAN INSPIRED TURKEY BURGERS - COOKING WITH ROCCO
MEDITERRANEAN BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN BURGERS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MEDITERRANEAN TURKEY BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY FETA CHICKPEA BURGERS RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA BURGERS - JENNIFERSKITCHEN
GREEK CHICKPEA BURGERS - RECIPE & VIDEO! - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA BURGERS (YUM!) - URBAN SIMPLICITY
GREEN CHILI VEGGIE BURGERS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN PATTIES - AHEAD OF THYME
MEDITERRANEAN BEEF BURGERS - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN BURGERS RECIPE | COOKING ON THE RECIPES
JUCIEST SALMON BURGERS (MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE) | THE …
HOMEMADE BURGERS - MEDITERRANEAN BURGERS - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
EASY MEDITERRANEAN HAMBURGERS - A CEDAR SPOON
MEDITERRANEAN TURKEY BURGERS - AHEAD OF THYME
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BURGER – TASTY BALANCE NUTRITION LOS …
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA BURGER - DARN GOOD VEGGIES
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA BURGER RECIPE - KAYLA ITSINES
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA BURGERS - FORKS OVER KNIVES
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA BURGERS - JOE CROSS
MEDITERRANEAN BLACK BEAN BURGERS - OUR HAPPY MESS
MEDITERRANEAN BURGER - BELLA SUN LUCI
MEDITERRANEAN SPICED BURGERS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
HEALTHY MEDITERRANEAN TURKEY BURGERS WITH ZUCCHINI TZATZIKI
CHICKPEA BURGER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #pork #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #meat #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love