SUCCULENT BRAISED PORK BY MELISSA D'ARABIAN RECIPE - (3.8/5)
Provided by Foodiewife
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Pat the pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, and working in batches brown the meat on all sides until a golden crust forms. Transfer the pork to a plate. To the pan add the onion, celery, and carrot and sweat until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat another 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes to cook off the raw flavor and caramelize it. Sprinkle with the flour and cook another 2 minutes to cook off its raw flavor. Whisk in the wine and reduce it by half. Return the pork to the Dutch oven, then stir in the beef stock, parsley stems, and bay leaves. Add the water if liquid does not come up to the top of the pork. Do not cover the pork with liquid. Cover the pan and place it in the oven to braise until the meat is fork tender, about 3 hours. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
This recipe takes a good deal of time, but it yields a lot of sandwiches, more than enough for a sloppy, spicy dinner party feast. You'll roast a dry-rubbed pork shoulder in the oven until it's pull-apart tender, 3 or 4 hours that you can spend doing other things while your kitchen fills with the aroma of the cooking meat. Then you'll assemble a quick slaw and simmer a tangy barbecue sauce for about 10 minutes before putting it all out on the table with soft rolls. Serve the combination warm, at any time of the year, for a weekend project well worth an afternoon's work.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Assemble the spice rub for the pork: In a dry, small skillet over medium-low heat, toast coriander, cumin and peppercorns until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind toasted spices into a fine powder. Transfer to a bowl and mix with salt, mustard powder, chile powder and sugar.
- If your roast is tied up, untie it. Massage meat generously with spice rub. If you have time, let meat rest for an hour or two at room temperature, or refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place pork in a baking pan and roast for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is pull-apart tender and internal temperature reads 200 degrees on a meat thermometer. Let meat cool for at least 30 minutes before pulling it apart and shredding with your hands or two forks. (This works best when the meat is warm but not hot.)
- Prepare the barbecue sauce: Combine ingredients in a medium pot. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has deepened in color. Season with more hot sauce if you like. Add two-thirds of the sauce to meat and toss to coat, adding more sauce as needed. (Any leftover sauce will keep for at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator.)
- Make the slaw: Combine cabbage, onion and jalapeño in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add dressing to cabbage and toss well.
- Serve pulled pork with slaw, buns and hot sauce on the side, letting people assemble their own sandwiches.
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S PULLED PORK
From Food Network Magazine Sept 12 edition, works well. Without Pork Shoulder I used Pernil, which is a lean boneless cut, and which matches the recipe although the photo showed bone-in. I also substituted chicken broth for the white wine.
Provided by Carol in Cabo
Yield 8 , 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse the pork, dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper (be generous).
- Put into the slow cooker.
- Top with onions and garlic, add the broth or wine.
- Slow cook on low for 8 hours or until completely done.
- Pull pork apart with two forks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 21.2, Sodium 873.7, Carbohydrate 2.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.7, Protein 0.3
BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH
- 4 hamburger buns, warmed
- For the BBQ sauce: Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, cayenne, red pepper flakes and salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
- For the spice rub: Combine the paprika, oregano, black pepper, brown sugar, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl and toss with your fingers to mix. Rub the spice mixture onto the pork on all sides.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker insert. Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and cover the slow cooker. Cook on high until the pork is fork-tender, 4 to 5 hours, or on low, 8 to 10 hours. Transfer the pork to a carving board. Let the pork stand, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add 2 tablespoons of the simmering pork liquids to the remaining BBQ sauce. Bring the BBQ sauce to a simmer in a small saucepan over low heat, about 10 minutes.
- For the tangy carrots: Pour the vinegar into a medium bowl and sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Whisk until well combined. Add the parsley and carrots and toss. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Using two forks, shred the pork and discard any excess fat. Heap the pork onto the buns and top with extra BBQ sauce and the tangy carrots. Serve immediately.
PULLED PORK CASSEROLE
Pulled pork is the gift that keeps on giving. This recipe uses up any leftover pulled pork and is baked in under 30 minutes.
Provided by Karla Harmer
Categories Pork Casserole
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with 6 corn tortillas, so that the bottom and sides are covered.
- Add 1/2 of the pulled pork, 1/2 of the black beans, 1/2 of the cream cheese, 1/2 of the cilantro, 1/2 cup of salsa, 1/3 of the cooked rice, and 3 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend. Cover with 4 corn tortillas. Repeat layering of the ingredients, finishing with the remaining Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.9 calories, Carbohydrate 48.9 g, Cholesterol 114.6 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1474.7 mg
More about "melissa darabians pulled pork recipes"
MAKING MELISSA | WHOLE30 PULLED PORK + BBQ SAUCE …
Author MakingMelissaViews 2.4K
PULLED PORK BARBECUE RECIPE
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S 10 WAYS TO USE PORK SHOULDER
18 LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
17 LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES - TRAEGER GRILLS
PERFECT PULLED PORK | PIT BOSS® GRILLS – PIT BOSS GRILLS
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S WINE-BRAISED PORK TACOS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S PULLED PORK - VERNALISA'S RECIPE BOARD
BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH RECIPE MELISSA DARABIAN FOOD NETWORK
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S PULLED PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MELISSA D'ARABIAN FOOD NETWORK, BIO, WIKI, AGE, HUSBAND, RECIPES, …
HOW TO USE PULLED PORK RECIPE? - VERYMEATY
15 LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PULLED PORK RECIPE SHOWDOWN | KITCHN
20 EASY RECIPES THAT USE LEFTOVER PULLED PORK
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S 10 WAYS TO USE PORK SHOULDER | FOOD NETWORK …
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S PULLED PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPES | PIT BOSS® GRILLS
PORK MACHACA (TENDER PULLED MEXICAN PORK) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SLOW COOKED PULLED PORK CARNITAS
THIS IS A VERY SIMPLE RECIPE FOR THE BEST TASTING PORK CARNIES MEAT I ...
THE PIONEER WOMAN'S PULLED PORK RECIPE | KITCHN
MELISSA D'ARABIAN RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
POTATO VOLCANOS WITH PULLED PORK RECIPE - NAPOLEON.COM
SMALLER FORKFULS OF PULLED PORK - THE NEW YORK TIMES
10 BEST LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES (WITH PICTURES) - LIL GRILL
SMALL-BATCH PULLED PORK RECIPE - COOKING WITH MELISSA CLARK
EXCELLENT PULLED PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | BBQ PULLED PORK ...
PULLED PORK RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EXCELLENT PULLED PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | PORK RECIPES, …
21 BEST PULLED PORK INJECTION RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
MELISSA D'ARABIAN'S SLOW COOKER TORTILLA SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make pulled pork?How to Make Pulled Pork: Combine 1 Tbsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp paprika and generously sprinkle the pork roast. Massage the roast to rub the seasoning into the meat. Place meat over the onions. 3. For the marinade, combine: 1 cup chicken broth, 1 cup BBQ sauce, 1 Tbsp liquid smoke, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce,...
What is a good recipe for pulled pork burritos?Add 1/2 of the pulled pork, 1/2 of the black beans, 1/2 of the cream cheese, 1/2 of the cilantro, 1/2 cup of salsa, 1/3 of the cooked rice, and 3 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend. Cover with 4 corn tortillas. Repeat layering of the ingredients, finishing with the remaining Mexican cheese blend.
How to cook pulled pork with corn tortillas?This recipe uses up any leftover pulled pork and is baked in under 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a casserole dish with 6 corn tortillas, so that the bottom and sides are covered.
How to cook pulled pork with macaroni and cheese?Heat the pulled pork in a microwave or on a stovetop. Add the mixture of macaroni and cheese to the baking dish and then put the pulled pork on top and sprinkle it with the remaining cheese. Bake for approximately 25 minutes to heat the casserole and melt the cheese. 4.