"BIG EASY" GUMBO
Progresso® broth provides a simple addition to this gumbo that features chicken, sausage and shrimp - a hearty Cajun-style dish for a dinner party.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Gradually stir in flour with whisk; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until flour is chocolate colored. (Do not burn mixture.)
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, Creole seasoning and garlic. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in broth. Add chicken, sausage and black-eyed peas. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in shrimp; cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp are pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fat 3, Fiber 2 1/2 g, Protein 45 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 560 mg
MEXICAN CHICKEN GUMBO
- Cilantro Lime Rice: Prepare enough white rice to yield 3 cups cooked rice. Zest 1 large (or 2 small) limes over cooked rice. Add the juice of the lime/limes. Add in diced cilantro. Mix together thoroughly and cover, let sit for 1 hour to set.
- Boil 3lbs of chicken. Let cool, then cube. Set aside.
- In a skillet, sweat diced onion and garlic in olive oil over low heat until they are translucent and have a soft texture. Set aside.
- Dump both cans black beans into colander and rinse. Set aside.
- In large cooking pot, combine chicken broth, chicken stock, petit diced tomatoes, black beans, green chilies, cubed chicken, onions and garlic, and packet of ranch dip mix. After the rice has set, add it to the pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for one hour, or until soup is desired temperature.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, diced avocado, and tortilla strips.
A little dish me and my boyfriend came up with. It's essentially a modified version of Chili Colorado. Easy to make, and very filling!
Provided by Natasha K
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large sauce pan, brown the ground beef.
- Drain beef.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover and simmer.
- Prepare the rice.
- Combine the rice and contents of the sauce pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 961.8, Fat 36.2, SaturatedFat 13.8, Cholesterol 154.2, Sodium 753, Carbohydrate 89.8, Fiber 29.6, Sugar 11.6, Protein 72
TEXIANA GUMBO (FOR THE MASSES!)
Hybrid of a classic dish. Hands-down the best gumbo I've ever made or eaten. Served best over potato salad or rice. Yes, gumbo on potato salad is delicious! This was for our wedding rehearsal dinner; for a normal recipe, divide everything by four.
Provided by The Arringtons
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil and flour together in a large stockpot over medium heat until mixture is thick and smooth. Cook and stir until mixture is browned and bubbling, 10 to 20 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk chicken broth and beer into flour mixture; bring to a boil. Mix sweet onion, bell pepper, celery, okra, green onions, Creole seasoning, and parsley into broth.
- Stir shredded chicken, shrimp, and sausage into vegetable-broth mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer, stirring often, until flavors blend and vegetables are tender, about 60 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 1229.3 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "mexican gumbo recipes"
BEST MEXICAN GUMBO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GUMBO MEXICAN-STYLE
Cuisine MexicanCategory DinnerServings 4-6
MEXICAN GUMBO - BIGOVEN.COM
SPICY MEXICAN GUMBO RECIPE - QUERICAVIDA.COM
MEXICAN GUMBO | CINDY'S RECIPES
MEXICAN CHICKEN GUMBO | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
GULF OF MEXICO GUMBO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEXICAN CHICKEN GUMBO BEST RECIPES
NEW ORLEANS GUMBO RECIPES
MEXICAN GUMBO SOUP | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
MEXICAN GUMBO (SLOW COOKER METHOD) ~ MALPATS KITCHEN
MEXICAN CHICKEN GUMBO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MEXICAN GUMBO | AL FRESCO
MY MEXICAN GUMBO | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
MEXICAN CHICKEN GUMBO: A 30-MINUTE WEEKNIGHT DINNER IDEA
MEXICAN GUMBO BOWL - ZHEELICIOUS - FOOD BLOGGER
MEXICAN GUMBO RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GUMBO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MEXICAN GUMBO | SOCCER RECIPES, SOCCER NUTRITION, SOCCER ...
MEXICAN GUMBO - PLAIN.RECIPES
MEXICAN GUMBO! (SO GOOD…) – COLLARD’S GREENS
QDOBA MEXICAN GUMBO RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
17 MEXICAN GUMBO IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
QDOBA MEXICAN GUMBO SOUP RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
QDOBA MEXICAN GUMBO SOUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
QDOBA MEXICAN GUMBO SOUP RECIPE - QDOBA RECIPES
QDOBA MEXICAN GRILL COPYCAT RECIPES: MEXICAN GUMBO SOUP ...
TRADITIONAL NEW ORLEANS A LOUISIANA STYLE GUMBO RECIPE - A ...
30-MINUTE GUMBO - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CLASSIC CHICKEN GUMBO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GUMBO RECIPE (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
10 BEST BEEF GUMBO RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR BEST LOUISIANA-STYLE GUMBO RECIPES | MYRECIPES
MEXICAN GUMBO QDOBA RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY GUMBO RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
MEXICAN GUMBO RECIPES | BIGOVEN
MEXICAN CHICKEN GUMBO RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | GUMBO ...
AUTHENTIC NEW ORLEANS GUMBO - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
12 MEXICAN GUMBO IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
MEXICAN GUMBO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #gumbo #main-dish #easy #stews
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Qdoba Mexican gumbo soup recipe?Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup Recipe. Ingredients. 2 tablespoons Olive Oil. 1 cup each diced Red and Green Bell Pepper. 1 cup White Onion. 2 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed. 3 tablespoons ground Cumin. 1 28 ounce can crushed Tomatoes.
How do you make gumbo with rice?Add rice to the center of a large soup bowl, add gumbo. Deeelicious!!! This Cajun-inspired dish practically makes itself. Just dump the ingredients in the slow cooker, toss in the shrimp a few minutes before serving and voila! Dinner is served.
What is the best way to serve gumbo?Serve over hot cooked rice and sprinkle with filé powder, if desired. This is a basic gumbo recipe with a lot of added flavor. You can omit the stew meat if you choose or add something in its place. I recommend you serve this recipe over rice, like many other gumbo recipes. This black-eyed pea gumbo is a wintertime favorite at our house.
What is Delicious Chicken Gumbo?Delicious chicken gumbo consistency with tomato base. Makes plenty to last for several days. Serve over hot cooked rice and sprinkle with filé powder, if desired. This is a basic gumbo recipe with a lot of added flavor. You can omit the stew meat if you choose or add something in its place.