TUSCAN SPICE AND ALMOND BISCOTTI
I've been making these biscotti for several years now. I found the recipe in a small cookbook called "The Best 50 Biscotti Recipes". My father-in-law loves these biscotti and requests them often.
Provided by Kim D.
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Finely grind 1/3 cup of the toasted almonds in a food processor.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground almonds, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
- Add honey, egg, vanilla extract and almond extract to the creamed mixture.
- Gradually blend in dry mixture and remaining 2/3 cup almonds.
- On a well floured surface, shape dough into two logs.
- Transfer logs to a baking sheet or baking stone, leaving space between the two logs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until firm and lightly brown.
- Cool logs on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut logs into 3/4-inch slices.
- Place slices in a single layer on the baking sheet, leaving space around each slice.
- Continue baking about 10-15 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.4, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 9.3, Sodium 38.6, Carbohydrate 6.6, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 3, Protein 1.4
More about "micheles spiced almond biscotti recipes"
CLASSIC BISCOTTI RECIPE - 4 WAYS - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 (44)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 84 per serving
CLASSIC ALMOND BISCOTTI - SAVOR THE BEST
Reviews 1Calories 161 per servingCategory Desserts
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a shallow bowl and stir in the nuts. Push the mixture into a mound and make a well in the center.
- Add the mixture to the well in the flour mixture. Using a spoon, spatula or a fork, stir the mixture into the flour in a circular motion, gradually incorporating the flour in small amounts in a wider path until the flour is completely mixed and smooth and a sticky dough has formed.
ALMOND BISCOTTI - BAKE OR BREAK
Servings 18Total Time 1 hr 12 minsCategory BiscottiCalories 129 per serving
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Stir in the chopped almonds.
VITTORIA'S TRADITIONAL ITALIAN BISCOTTI WITH ALMONDS AND ...
4.8/5 (11)Category CookieCuisine Canadian ItalianTotal Time 55 mins
HOW TO MAKE BISCOTTI: CLASSIC ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPE ...
3.2/5 (5)Category DessertCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
PUMPKIN SPICE BISCOTTI – MICHELE'S GRANOLA
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
10 BEST BISCOTTI MARTHA STEWART RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND BISCOTTI | CONFESSIONS OF A MIDNIGHT BAKER
Servings 32Total Time 1 hr 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 minsCalories 95 per serving
ALMOND BISCOTTI – MOUNTAIN CRAVINGS
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DessertsCalories 80 per serving
PIN ON COOKIES
Servings 18Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
ALMOND BISCOTTI WITH VANILLA GLAZE – IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 55 minsCategory Breakfast, SnackCalories 114 per serving
ALMOND BISCOTTI - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Cookie, DessertCalories 168 per serving
10 EASY VEGAN COOKIE RECIPES | EASY BAKING TIPS AND ...
WITH LOVE... FROM NONNINA'S KITCHEN: BISCOTTI WITH HONEY ...
99 CHRISTMAS COOKIES TO FIRE UP THE FESTIVE SPIRIT
SPICED BISCOTTI WITH MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ORANGE ALMOND RAISIN SPICE BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
NONNA'S SECRET FAMILY RECIPE FOR ALMOND BISCOTTI IS SHARED ...
SPICED CHOCOLATE ALMOND BISCOTTI | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE ...
MICHELLES TRINIDADIAN TONIC RECIPES
PISTACHIO ALMOND BISCOTTI | RECIPE | EASY BISCOTTI RECIPE ...
SPICED CHOCOLATE ALMOND BISCOTTI | ALMOND BISCOTTI ...
WIN YOUR COOKIE SWAP WITH HOLIDAY RECIPES FROM TOP ORLANDO ...
BLUEBERRY ALMOND BISCOTTI CIAOCHOWBAMBINA.COM | BISCOTTI ...
MICHELES SPICED ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make almond biscotti?I like using the old-fashioned, hand-stirring method and have baked our classic almond biscotti in the traditional manner: Sift together the flour, baking powder into a large shallow bowl. Stir in the almonds and make a well in the center. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
How to make biscotti cookies?These homemade biscotti cookies are easy to make and perfect for holiday gifts and cookie trays! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. If you would like to add almond extract or anise extract, add it now.
What are the different types of biscotti?You will find many different recipes for biscotti. Classic biscotti flavors include vanilla, anise and almond. Since biscotti are made with less butter and sugar, they are a healthy cookie. If you like to bake homemade cookies for gifts for teachers, friends and neighbors, biscotti are a great choice.
What is the best ingredient to add to biscotti?You may also add almond extract or anise extract, which are both classic biscotti flavors. You can add some orange zest or lemon zest to the wet ingredients if you want citrus flavor in your biscotti. Flour, baking powder and salt: I use a combination of white whole wheat flour and all purpose flour in my biscotti recipe.