FORGOTTEN MINT MERINGUE SURPRISES
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and green food coloring in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat sugar into egg whites one tablespoon at a time. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture is glossy and very smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drop the meringue by half teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet; top with chocolate kisses. Spoon a scant teaspoon of meringue over chocolate, and smooth to cover completely.
- Place cookies in the preheated oven; turn oven off. Leave meringues in oven overnight, or until oven has cooled completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Fat 1.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 17.3 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line 2 cookie sheets with foil.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until whites form stiff peaks. Drop by spoonfuls 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy over the cookies.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours in preheated oven. Meringues should be completely dry on the inside. Do not allow them to brown. Turn off oven. Keep oven door ajar, and let meringues sit in the oven until completely cool. Loosen from foil with metal spatula. Store loosely covered in cool dry place for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 13.3 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 8.8 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
Lighter than air, these minty meringues will melt in your mouth, promises Karla Retzer in Grantsburg, Wisconsin. "It just wouldn't be Christmas at our house without these special cookies that everyone can enjoy."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 32 cookies.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, salt, cream of tartar, extract and food coloring if desired on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Gently fold in chocolate chips. , Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 250° until firm to the touch, 40-45 minutes. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 22 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 13mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
- Heat oven to 175°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Beat in mint extract and salt. Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spoon half of meringue into medium bowl; add red food color. Beat until well blended.
- In large decorating bag fitted with #827 star tip, place spoonfuls of white and red meringue side by side, alternating colors and working up from tip of bag. Do not mix colors together. Onto cookie sheets, pipe meringue into 1-inch mounds.
- Bake 3 hours or until meringues are dry to the touch. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven with door closed 1 hour. Finish cooling at room temperature, about 45 minutes. Remove meringues from parchment paper. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 10, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 10 mg
MINT-KISSED MERINGUE COOKIES
Enjoy these delicious mint flavored meringues - an elegant dessert decorated with colorful candy sprinkles.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 200°F. Grease 2 large cookie sheets with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. On high speed, add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved, meringue is glossy and very stiff peaks form. Beat in mint extract. With rubber spatula, fold in food color, 1 drop at a time, until well blended and desired color.
- Use disposable decorating bag or gallon-size food storage plastic bag with 1/2-inch hole cut in one bottom corner of bag (if desired, fit large star tip in decorating bag or in hole of plastic bag). Spoon meringue into bag; twist top of bag to seal. Squeeze bag to pipe meringue into 1-inch puffs onto cookie sheets. Sprinkle each with candy sprinkles.
- Bake on middle oven rack 2 hours. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 10, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 10 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease 2 large cookie sheets, set aside.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat until foamy.
- Add sugar 1 tbls at a time, beating until egg whites are very stiff and glossy and sugar is disolved.
- beat in mint extract and food color.
- Fit a decorater bag with a large star tip.
- spoon meringue into bag.
- Pipe meringue in 1 inch puffs on prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Place cookie sheets on center rack of preheated oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately, cool completely on wire racks.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP MERINGUES
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat egg whites and sugar over hot water to warm. Whip until stiff, adding the extract at the end. Fold in the unsweetened chocolate. Pipe kisses onto parchment paper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool. Drizzle with melted semisweet chocolate. Let sit until chocolate sets up.
MINT CHOCOLATE-CHIP MERINGUES
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the egg whites and sugar in the top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water until warm to the touch (this will help you get more air into the whites when you whip them). Transfer to a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip until soft peaks form. Add the mint extract and continue whipping just until stiff and glossy. Fold in the chopped unsweetened chocolate.
- Scrape the mixture into a pastry bag. Pipe bite-size kisses onto the cookie sheets and bake until the meringues are the color of milky coffee, 25 to 30 minutes. To test, remove one meringue from the oven, let cool one minute, then taste. It should be dry and crisp all the way through. Let cool on the pans.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate. Dipping the tines of a fork into the chocolate, drizzle the meringues with melted chocolate. Let sit until chocolate is set, 30 minutes to an hour (or let set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
MINT CHOCOLATE MERINGUES
My mon makes these every year for the holidays. The meringue can be pokey, but they are really delicious.
Provided by mplsgirl
Yield 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (this takes a while - at least 20 min.). Add sugar GRADUALLY and beat. Add vanilla and several drops of food coloring. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop on very greased cookie sheet, and place in oven. Turn oven off. Leave overnight, or for at least 5 hours. Take out and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.6, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.5, Sodium 10.7, Carbohydrate 21.5, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 20.3, Protein 1.2
MINT TWIST MERINGUES
Light and airy, these delicate meringues give you a refreshing burst of peppermint. I sprinkle them with crushed mint candies and baking cocoa. -Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes., Preheat oven to 250°. Add cream of tartar and extract to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form., Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small star tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 1-1/2-in.-diameter cookies 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with crushed candies., Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven 1 hour. Remove from pans to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 17 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 5mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
More about "mint meringues recipes"
MINT MERINGUE KISSES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (39)Calories 47 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 35 mins
- Allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 225°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until glossy and stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Beat in mint extract and green food coloring.
- Transfer meringue to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2- to 3/4-inch open star tip. Pipe stars 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake about 60 minutes or until meringues appear dry and are firm when lightly touched. Turn off oven. Let meringues stand in the closed oven about 60 minutes or until cool and crisp.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir 2 ounces chocolate and the vegetable oil over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon each melted chocolate on the flat sides (bottoms) of half the meringues. Press the flat sides of the remaining cookies against the filling. Let stand until set.
MINT CHRISTMAS MERINGUES - FOOD WITH FEELING
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP MERINGUE COOKIES RECIPE - THE …
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP MERINGUES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
VANILLA MINT CHRISTMAS TREE MERINGUES RECIPE
MINT MERINGUES RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MINT MERINGUES …
MINT CHOCOLATE MERINGUES RECIPE - THE DARING GOURMET
FORGOTTEN KISSES (MINT MERINGUES) | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
FRESH MINT MERINGUES - EAT SOME WEAR SOME
PEPPERMINT MERINGUES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MINT MERINGUE KISSES | MIDWEST LIVING
SURPRISE MERINGUES | MCCORMICK
MINT SWISS MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM RECIPE - PASTRY CHEF ONLINE
MINT MERINGUES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST MERINGUE RECIPES TO DAZZLE EVERY DINNER PARTY
CHOCOLATE MINT MERINGUE KISSES - GARLIC & ZEST
EASY, CHOCOLATE MINT MERINGUES - COOKIE RECIPE
MINT MERINGUE COOKIES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PEPPERMINT MERINGUES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
MIMI'S MINT MERINGUES | MYRECIPES
STAR MINT MERINGUES | MIDWEST LIVING
MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH MINT MERINGUES #COOKIEOFTHEMONTH
MINTS, MARSHMALLOWS AND MERINGUES RECIPES | LORANN OILS
MINT MERINGUE COOKIES RECIPE - YUMMY TUMMY
MOTHER'S DAY MERINGUES WITH MINT, CITRUS & WHIPPED CREAM
MINT CHOCOLATE-CHIP MERINGUES RECIPE - GALE GAND | FOOD & WINE
MINT MERINGUE KISSES | RECIPE | CUTE CHRISTMAS DESSERTS, CHRISTMAS ...
MINT MERINGUE CHRISTMAS TREES | SOUTHERN LIVING
STAR MINT MERINGUES RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
23 BEST MERINGUE DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
MINT MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
MINT MERINGUES - ALLMEXRECIPES
MINT MERINGUES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
MINT MERINGUES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #healthy #desserts #eggs-dairy #holiday-event #low-fat #cookies-and-brownies #easter #eggs #dietary #christmas #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #st-patricks-day #low-in-something #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love