MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD
"Come spring, I like a meal that doesn't involve turning on the stove," pens Alice Cibulka of Sun City, Arizona. "This hearty salad is quick, filling and fantastic. I round it out with lemonade, ice cream and a bunch of daffodils."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a bowl, combine the peas, crab, celery, onion and green pepper. Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate with egg and tomato.
Nutrition Facts :
CRAB LOUIS SALAD
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Place shredded lettuce on a platter; arrange crabmeat, tomato slices, and egg slices on lettuce. Serve with dresing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.3, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 204.2, Sodium 825.9, Carbohydrate 17.6, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 5.8, Protein 26.2
CRAB LOUIE SALAD
This is a variation of the classic salad. Get your hands on the freshest Dungeness crab possible. It takes a little time to put this salad together, but for an elegant lunch it really pays off!
Provided by sonjagroset
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove asparagus and and immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Pat dry.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, ketchup, relish, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- Toss crabmeat, lettuce, cucumber, and celery together in a large bowl with dressing to taste. Pile salad mixture evenly onto 4 plates; add equal portions of asparagus, avocado, tomatoes, and eggs. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 135.1 mg, Fat 22.6 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 22.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 516.2 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
CRAB LOUIE SALAD
- To make dressing, mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, olives, and eggs.
- Make a bed of iceberg lettuce on a large plate. Top with crab, avocado, tomatoes, and asparagus. Drizzle with Louie dressing
- Using your finger, carefully pick through the crab and discard any bits of shell or hard cartilage. Try to leave the lumps as intact as possible. Put the meat in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, bell pepper, lemon juice, 1/2-teaspoon salt, scallion, a couple dashes Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Season the dressing with pepper to taste.
- Gently fold about 1/4 cup of the dressing into the crab with a rubber spatula. Take care not to break the crab into smaller pieces. Put the crab salad and the dressing in the refrigerator until cold.
- Meanwhile, put the hard-boiled egg in a fine sieve set over a bowl. Using the back of a spoon, rub the egg through mesh to make a fine textured garnish. Set aside.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among 4 plates. Top each with a tomato slice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place an avocado quarter across each tomato slice and top with 1/4 of the crab mixture. Spoon some of the dressing over the crab and sprinkle each salad with some of the egg. Serve and pass the remaining dressing at the table.
MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD FOR TWO
Found the original recipe in Cooking for Two Magazine by Alice Cibulka. I have added a few ingredients and it is a quick and easy refreshing salad for two! I serve on lettuce leaves or serve on chopped lettuce. This along with some bread makes a light and delicious lunch or dinner. Chill time is cooking time.
Provided by mama smurf
Yield 1-2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a bowl, combine the peas, crab, celery, onion and green pepper.
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Krazy salt and lemon pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Serve on lettuce and top with hard cooked egg and tomato.
"I make this salad when it's hot outside and we're looking for something quick and simple for dinner," says Gail VanGundy. The Parker, Colorado cook likes to serve hers with butter crackers.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Divide the salad greens, crab, tomatoes, eggs and olives between two serving plates. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calories, Fat 13g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 293mg cholesterol, Sodium 950mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
- Combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, Worcestershire, green pepper, scallions and lemon juice in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Fold in the whipped cream and season with the salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Line a shallow salad bowl with shredded lettuce and mound crabmeat on top. Spoon dressing over the crab. Garnish with tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 602, UnsaturatedFat 41 grams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 52 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 1194 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CRAB AND SHRIMP LOUIS
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Evenly divide the lettuce, cucumbers, crab, shrimp, avocado, tomatoes and eggs between 4 salad plates.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, relish, salt and pepper. Spoon dressing over the salad and garnish with parsley and lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 352.3 mg, Fat 43.2 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 34.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 700.7 mg, Sugar 6 g
More about "mock crab louis salad for two recipes"
10 CRAB SALAD IDEAS | CRAB SALAD, SEAFOOD SALAD, CRAB RECIPES
MOCK CRAB SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
IMITATION CRAB PASTA SALAD WITH ITALIAN DRESSING RECIPES
MOCK CRAB SALAD - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
KETO MOCK CRAB SALAD - CRAB SALAD RECIPES
CRAB LOUIS SALAD · FAITH MIDDLETON'S FOOD SCHMOOZE
CRAB LOUIS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRAB LOUIS SALAD - PACIFIC SEAFOOD
CRAB LOUIE SALAD RECIPE - I HEART RECIPES
WORLD BEST SEA FOOD RECIPES: MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD FOR TWO
CREAMY MOCK CRAB SALAD SANDWICHES - JAMIE GELLER
RECIPE FOR MOCK CRAB SALAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MOCK CRAB SALAD - JAMIE GELLER
IMITATION CRAB SALAD- JUST LIKE AT THE DELI COUNTER! - RECIPE …
MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
SAN FRANCISCO CRAB LOUIS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CRAB LOUIS SALAD | OLD BAY - MCCORMICK
MOCK CRAB PASTA SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CRAB LOUIS RECIPE BY MARTHA STEWART - THE DAILY MEAL
MOCK CRAB SALAD | RECIPE CART
MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD | RECIPE | MOCK CRAB, FOOD MAGAZINE, …
10 BEST MOCK CRAB RECIPES | YUMMLY
MOCK CRAB SALAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CRAB LOUIE RECIPE - LARRY STONE | FOOD & WINE
MOCK CRAB SALAD WITH PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CRAB LOUIE SALAD RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD | RECIPE | MOCK CRAB, FOOD MAGAZINE, SALAD
KETO MOCK CRAB SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOCK CRAB LOUIS SALAD FOR TWO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MOCK CRAB SALAD WRAPS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MOCK CRAB SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY MOCK CRAB SALAD SANDWICHES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
WARTIME MOCK CRAB – RECIPE NO. 145 – THE 1940'S EXPERIMENT
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #salads #seafood #vegetables #easy #crab #shellfish #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook frozen crab legs?In a bowl, combine the peas, crab, celery, onion and green pepper. Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
What is the best sauce to cook crab legs in?Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate with egg and tomato.
Is imitation crab easy to make on a budget?These imitation crab recipes are light, flaky and easy on the budget. You could get stuffed salmon from a big-box store, but my fillets are loaded with flavor from crab, cream cheese and savory herbs. We love them. —Mary Cokenour, Monticello, Utah
What kind of sauce is on Crab dip?The creamy filling features imitation crabmeat and Swiss cheese. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen With cayenne pepper and hot sauce (both optional), this delicious dip doubles up on the heat.