FRIED SWEET POTATOES WITH MOLASSES
- Cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes, let set in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Heat non-stick skillet to medium high heat with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Toss potato cubes in the self rising flour to coat, then add to hot skillet. Cover and cook, turning often to prevent burning. Add 2nd teaspoon of olive oil about 10 minutes into cooking.
- After potatoes are softened add the two table spoons of dark molasses and stir potatoes to coat. Let molasses slightly caramelize and serve hot.
SWEET POTATO POUND CAKE WITH MOLASSES CREAM
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine nut mixture and set aside.
- Roast sweet potatoes in 375 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until a knife can entirely pierce the potato. When potatoes have cooled slightly, mash with a fork and set aside. Grease mini loaf pans and set aside. Cream butter and sugars together until light. Scrape bowl often. Add orange zest, then eggs one at a time. Again, scrape bowl often. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well. Alternate the dry and wet ingredients with the mashed sweet potato in 3 parts starting with the dry. Mix until batter is well combined, but do not over mix. Spoon batter into loaf pans and sprinkle the spiced nuts over the top of each loaf. Gently fold in nuts, leaving some exposed. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. For the Molasses Cream: Whip cream 50 percent, add powdered sugar and molasses. Continue whipping until fully whipped. ASSEMBLING DESSERT: Slice pound cake and place on plate. With a wet spoon gently scoop whipped cream and place along side of pound cake. Enjoy.
SWEET POTATOES GLAZED WITH MOLASSES, PECANS AND BOURBON
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the butter, molasses, brown sugar and cayenne in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Increase the heat to high, add the bourbon and cook for 2 minutes to allow alcohol to burn out. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes in a large baking dish, pour the molasses mixture over and toss to coat. Roast in the oven, stirring a few times, until the potatoes are cooked through and glazed, about 20 minutes. Remove to a platter and top with the pecans.
- Alternatively, this can be done in a large saute pan: Melt the butter, molasses, brown sugar and cayenne over medium heat. Add the bourbon and let the alcohol cook out. Add the potatoes and cook until glazed over medium-high heat. Transfer to a platter and top with the pecans.
FRIED SWEET POTATOES
Most of my experiments aren't worth saving, but I actually want to remember what I did this time so am posting the recipe for the brown sugar caramelized sweet potatoes that I made. This recipe is perfect for cooking for 1-2, and only takes a few minutes. I used some very skinny home grown sweet potatoes I picked up at a Farmer's Market and recommend you use potatoes that will slice into small discs rather than huge ones.
Provided by karen
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Slice the sweet potatoes thinly, approximately 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Melt butter in a large hot frying pan over medium-high heat, then places slices in the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
- Fry the potatoes until lightly browned on one side, then flip over each slice. You'll need to watch them carefully and move the slices in the hottest part of the pan to the edges so that they all get browned. Adjust the heat down to medium if needed to keep them from browning too quickly. Total browning time took me about 5-7 minutes.
- When both sides are lightly browned, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon across the top. Wait 1-2 minutes and then toss the potatoes until the brown sugar is caramelized (approx 1 more minute).
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.
FRIED SWEET POTATOES
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add peeled sweet potatoes, and boil for about 4 minutes. Remove from water, and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved, adding more butter if necessary. Add sweet potatoes, and fry until golden brown and fork tender, turning occasionally. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.5 calories, Carbohydrate 74.2 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 132.2 mg, Sugar 59.7 g
MOLASSES WHIPPED SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and transfer to oven. Roast until easily pierced with a fork, about an hour. Let potatoes cool slightly; remove skin and discard.
- Transfer potatoes to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until smooth. Add butter, salt, orange juice, sugar, molasses, and maple syrup; beat until butter is melted and mixture is well combined. Serve immediately or store, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 day. To reheat, transfer potato mixture to an ovenproof dish, cover, and place in a 350-degree oven until heated through.
SWEET POTATO OVEN FRIES & THREE DIPS
Enjoy these delicious fries with one or all three dips! There is a different type of dip for every taste bud!
Provided by Mott's
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For fries, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet, wiping up any excess oil with paper towel.
- Place prepared baking sheet in rack in third part of the oven. Toss sweet potatoes with vegetable oil and salt in medium bowl.
- Place sweet potato wedges, in a single layer, on heating baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until develops a nice golden brown crust.
- Turn potatoes over using a spatula and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until potatoes are crisp and have browned.
- Caramelized Onion Dip: For dip, while potatoes bake, in saute pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and onions. Cook until onions have caramelized. Puree caramelized onions, applesauce and sour cream in blender or food processor.
- Can be served warm or cold with fries.
- Chipotle Ketchup Dip: Whisk together applesauce, ketchup, mayonnaise, and spices. Serve cold or warm as dip for sweet potato fries.
- Mustard Dipping Sauce: Whisk together applesauce, mustard, syrup, and molasses. Serve cold or warm as dip for sweet potato fries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.9 calories, Carbohydrate 55.6 g, Cholesterol 28.6 mg, Fat 20.2 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 642 mg, Sugar 30.3 g
More about "fried sweet potatoes with molasses recipes"
MOLASSES SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
Servings 2Calories 156 per serving
FRIED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPY FRIED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DEEP-FRIED SWEET POTATO FRIES - THE SHORT ORDER COOK
FRIED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE MOLASSES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MOLASSES WHIPPED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES - TODAY.COM
PAN-FRIED POTATOES AND SWEET POTATOES - EATING ON A DIME
MOLASSES GLAZED SWEET POTATOES - 365 DAYS OF BAKING
WORLD COMMON SIDE DISHES: FRIED SWEET POTATOES WITH MOLASSES
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH SPICED POMEGRANATE MOLASSES
MOLASSES ROASTED SWEET POTATOES BEST RECIPES
HOMEMADE PAN-FRIED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - 2022 - MASTERCLASS
AIR-FRIED CAJUN SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE - TODAY
BUTTERED SWEET POTATOES WITH MOLASSES - FEEDING GER SASSER
MOLASSES MASHED SWEET POTATOES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CHILI MOLASSES SWEET POTATO WEDGES RECIPE | CROSBY'S
CANDIED SWEET POTATOES - TORNADOUGH ALLI
PAN FRIED SWEET POTATOES – SWEET POTATO SIDE DISH
SWEET POTATOES IN BOURBON MOLASSES GLAZE | BURN BLOG
EASY PAN FRIED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
FRIED SWEET POTATO CAKES - GREENLITEBITES
GRILLED SWEET POTATOES WITH MOLASSES GLAZE – MOVEABLE FEAST
HARISSA-ROASTED SWEET POTATO FRIES WITH POMEGRANATE MOLASSES
MASHED SWEET POTATOES - GRANDBABY CAKES
MAPLE & MOLASSES GLAZED SWEET POTATOES — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
FRIED SWEET POTATOES — THE SWEET SAVORY LIFE
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH SPICED POMEGRANATE MOLASSES
CAJUN DIPPING SAUCE FOR SWEET POTATO FRIES: READY IN NO TIME
8 BEST DIPPING SAUCE FOR SWEET POTATO FRIES: DELICIOUS SELECTION!
SWEET POTATO MOLASSES PIE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON, MOLASSES AND PECANS RECIPE
FRIED SWEET POTATOES WITH MOLASSES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
OVEN-FRIED SWEET POTATOES - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
FRIED SWEET POTATOES WITH MOLASSES BEST RECIPES
SWEET POTATO OVEN FRIES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
COUNTRY SKILLET FRIED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #yams-sweet-potatoes #for-1-or-2 #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sweet potatoes in a pan with molasses?Directions Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the butter, molasses, brown sugar and cayenne in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Put the potatoes in a large baking dish, pour the molasses mixture over and toss to coat.
How to bake sweet potatoes in the oven?Toss sweet potatoes with vegetable oil and salt in medium bowl. Place sweet potato wedges, in a single layer, on heating baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until develops a nice golden brown crust. Turn potatoes over using a spatula and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until potatoes are crisp and have browned.
How do you cook potatoes with molasses and salt?Season with salt and pepper. Put the potatoes in a large baking dish, pour the molasses mixture over and toss to coat. Roast in the oven, stirring a few times, until the potatoes are cooked through and glazed, about 20 minutes.
How to cook potatoes with Bourbon and molasses?Directions. Increase the heat to high, add the bourbon and cook for 2 minutes to allow alcohol to burn out. Season with salt and pepper. Put the potatoes in a large baking dish, pour the molasses mixture over and toss to coat. Roast in the oven, stirring a few times, until the potatoes are cooked through and glazed, about 20 minutes.