MY MOM'S FUDGE
Looking for an easy fudge recipe that you can make at home? This Mom's Fudge recipe is perfect! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this fudge is rich and creamy and can be made in minutes.
Provided by Laura
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the butter, sugar, and milk into a saucepan over high heat on the stove, and bring to a boil, whisking often to combine.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and boil for five minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the chocolate chips until melted.
- Whisk in the marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x9 baking dish that has been lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let sit for several hours in the fridge before slicing to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 kcal, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 12 mg, Sodium 11 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 23 g, UnsaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Posted in reply to a request. I didn't see any similar to this when searching. My mom got it from a church magazine in the early 1960's. Great for the biceps & triceps!
Provided by Cherylkv
Yield 108 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a pan (I use an 8 quart to have plenty of room for stirring).
- Use the butter wrappers to grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut up 20 large marshmallows into the pan.
- (Can use 2 C mini) Put in the freezer.
- Place 20 large marshmallows, canned milk and sugar in 6-8 quart heavy pan.
- Stirring, bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil exactly 5 minutes, stirring constantly (Don't worry if there are some darker streaks, just stir better).
- Pour mixture over chocolate chips and butter.
- Continue stirring until mixture looses it's shine and becomes glossy.
- This can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and frozen marshmallows.
- (You can also add nuts at this point).
- Return to the buttered pan and refrigerate.
- I've made this in small tins for gifts by lining them with plastic wrap and placing a piece of cardboard, covered with parchment, on the bottom (inside the plastic wrap).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.4, Fat 3.7, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 6, Sodium 28.4, Carbohydrate 14.1, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 13, Protein 0.8
- Butter an 8 x 8-inch pan. Combine sugar, butter, milk, salt, and chocolate in medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until all ingredients melt and come to a boil. Do not scrape down the sides of the pan. Lower heat, insert candy thermometer, and let boil slowly without stirring for about 10 minutes or until soft ball forms when dropped in a cup of cold water (238 degrees F on a candy thermometer). Remove pan from heat and cool. Add vanilla. Beat steadily until fudge loses its gloss. Add nuts. Pour into pan. Cool for 20 minutes and cut into squares. Store in airtight container or wrap in tinfoil.
MOM'S OLD FASHION FUDGE
This is so good! DO NOT skimp on the ingredients! Use exactly what it calls for, otherwise it will not set up.
Provided by Capncrunch
Yield 36 1x1 inch pieces
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix cocoa, sugar, salt, and milk together in heavy saucepan.
- Boil to "soft ball stage".
- Add margarine and cool.
- Add vanilla and beat until stiff.
- Pour into well greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.1, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 1, Sodium 17.7, Carbohydrate 18, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 17.2, Protein 0.6
MAMA'S MILLION-DOLLAR FUDGE
No other fudge I've tasted comes close to the smooth, chocolate taste of this recipe, which my mother-in-law introduced me to one Christmas (I've never been able to make it as good as she does, though). Since it makes such a large batch, I always save some for last-minute gifts. -Gloria Heidner, Elk River, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 5-1/2 pounds.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 4 teaspoons butter; set aside., In a large bowl, place the marshmallow creme, walnuts, chocolate chips, chopped sweet chocolate in the order listed; top with remaining butter. Set aside., In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, sugar and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 235° (soft-ball stage). Pour over mixture in bowl and stir. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool., Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 30mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
MOM'S CHRISTMAS FUDGE
This has been a Christmas staple in our house since the early 1980s. It's ridiculously easy and pretty yummy. (I use the plastic bag over my hand trick to smooth out the fudge.)
Provided by FrackFamily5 CACT
Categories Christmas Fudge
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Using the back of a spoon or with a plastic bag over your hand, press the fudge into the pan. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove fudge from pan and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.6 g, Cholesterol 5.6 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 46.6 mg, Sugar 15.1 g
More about "moms fudge recipes"
MARSHMALLOW FLUFF FUDGE (MOM'S RECIPE) - THE FOOD …
4.6/5 (119)Calories 122 per servingCategory Dessert
- Coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.In a 3 quart HEAVY saucepan over high heat, combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir slowly until butter melts, scraping sides of pan to get all the sugar crystals.Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly with a long wooden spoon.
- Once it starts boiling, set a timer for 5 minutes and turn the heat down to medium so that you don't burn your fingers off--it should be boiling the full 5 minutes.
50 FABULOUS FUDGE RECIPES ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
FANTASTIC FUDGE RECIPES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
36 OF OUR BEST FUDGE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
BEST FUDGE RECIPES - OVER 25 EASY AND DELICOUS FUDGE …
MOM'S CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW FUDGE RECIPE
EASY HOMEMADE FUDGE RECIPE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
MOM'S EASY FUDGE RECIPE • IT'S FOOLPROOF!
4.8/5 (13)Calories 71 per servingCategory Dessert
OLD FASHIONED MAPLE & WALNUT FUDGE - FRUGAL MOM EH!
BEST HOT FUDGE RECIPE - READY IN 10 MINUTES! | MOM ON TIMEOUT
MY MOM’S FUDGE - FEEDNO
FUDGE RECIPES - MOMSWHOTHINK.COM
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE (3 INGREDIENTS!) — THE …
MY MOM’S FUDGE – FASTINHAND RECIPES
FUDGESICLES ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
MY MOM’S FUDGE OMG DONT LOSE IT | HELLEME
MY MOM’S FUDGE – RECIPES AND KITCHEN
MOM'S OLD FASHIONED HARD FUDGE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
MOM'S OLD FASHIONED FUDGE - THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
MOM'S EASY HOMEMADE FUDGE - MINISTERING PRINTABLES
MOM'S MICROWAVE FUDGE - FOODTASTIC MOM
MOM'S FUDGE - CHEEKYKITCHEN
MY MOM'S FUDGY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE HAS BEEN A FAMILY FAVORITE …
MOM’S OLD-FASHIONED FUDGE ((A “HOW-TO” FOR PERFECT FUDGE))
MAMA'S FUDGE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOM'S COOKING: MAKE CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROM SCRATCH
WORLD'S BEST FUDGE RECIPE - A MOM'S TAKE
MOM’S FUDGE – VINTAGE.RECIPES
MY MOM’S FUDGE - MINDSTIPS
MOM'S FUDGE - YUM TASTE
MOM'S FUDGE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
MOM'S HEALTH FUDGE - EASY NO BAKE VEGAN FUDGE - THE HONOUR …
CANDY FUDGE - MOM MAKES DINNER
MY MOM’S FUDGE - RECIPES NEED
MOM'S FUDGE RECIPE♡♡♡♡ | FUDGE RECIPES, RECIPES, FUDGE
MY MOM’S FUDGE - YUMMY RECIPES
EASY SUGAR FREE FUDGE
BEST HOT FUDGE RECIPE - READY IN 10 MINUTES! | MOM ON TIMEOUT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make fudge?Use a heavy pan. If it is thin on the bottom, your fudge will turn out crappy. Just being straight up honest here. Start with melting the butter over medium heat. Once it’s mostly melted, pour the sugar into the center of the pan as carefully as you can so as not to get any sugar crystals on the side of the pan.
Is this Fudge really that good?Yeah, this fudge is that good. When making this recipe, you will start by boiling the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk. You will want this mixture to come to the soft-ball stage before adding the chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, and vanilla. You can tell when it is ready by putting some of the sugar mixture in some ice cold water.
How much cocoa powder do you put in Fudge?unsweetened cocoa powder – use anywhere from 6 to 8 tablespoons, depending on how chocolate-y you want the hot fudge. I prefer the full 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) whereas my kids prefer about 6 tablespoons. salt – to balance out all the sweetness. vanilla extract – for flavor. Use the best quality vanilla extract available for best results.
How do you make fudge sundaes with whipped cream?A couple scoops of vanilla ice cream, a generous drizzle of hot fudge, some crushed nuts and a cherry. Go all in and make some fresh whipped cream for a sundae no one will forget. Serve warm because when cold, the hot fudge sauce is super thick and definitely not pourable. As the hot fudge hits the cold ice cream, it thickens and sets up.