MASHED POTATO SALAD
My mother used to make this on Easter to go with our ham and she used to make it for our get togethers whenever we were having a lot of company. We also like it at room temperature. Just do not leave it out any longer then you would regular potato salad. Served warm, it goes great with ham or fried chicken.
Provided by Linda
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cube potatoes, if desired you may peel them. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Drain and place cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with butter and salt and pepper to taste. Once mashed stir in the mayonnaise, mustard and sour cream, mixing well. Stir in the celery, onion, pickles and green pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456.7 calories, Carbohydrate 56.8 g, Cholesterol 25.6 mg, Fat 23.6 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 420 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
MOM'S MASHED POTATOES A LA KING
- Add the potatoes, celery root and 1 tablespoon salt to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and celery root.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Whip together the cream cheese and softened butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Add the hot potatoes and celery root slowly, alternating with the half-and-half. Whip until blended. Sprinkle with salt and stir in the horseradish, garlic powder and white pepper.
- Pour the potato mixture into the prepared baking pan. Pour the melted butter over the potato mixture. Bake until bubbly and slightly brown, about 45 minutes. Garnish with the chives.
DAD'S MASHED POTATO SALAD
- Cover the potato chunks with cold water in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mash with a potato masher or electric hand mixer (essentially you are making mashed potatoes), adding warm half-and-half as needed until the potatoes are smooth and creamy. You should have a little over 6 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Add the Miracle Whip, mustard, celery, onion, pickles, pickle juice, and sugar, mixing after each addition. Stir in the eggs until combined. Chill at least 1 hour or make the night before and refrigerate. Sprinkle with the chopped freshly parsley before serving.
MOM'S SWEET POTATO SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion and red pepper. In a small bowl, blend remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292 calories, Fat 19g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 436mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
MAMA'S POTATO SALAD
This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays. But Mama made it the way her mother did, and that's the way I still make it today. Try it and see if it isn't one of the best-tasting potato salads you have ever eaten! -Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and cool. Peel potatoes; cut into chunks. Separate egg yolks from whites. Set yolks aside. Chop whites and add to potatoes with onion., In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss well. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with egg slices and paprika. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 113mg cholesterol, Sodium 323mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
MOM'S POTATO SALAD
So Easy and SO good! My Mom has made this for years, I love the dressing, this is the only recipe I use for potato salad.
Provided by Donna
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Toss together.
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Stir in onion, eggs, celery, pickles, salt, and black pepper. Mix mayonnaise, pickle juice, and mustard in a separate bowl; pour over potatoes and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.5 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 89.9 mg, Fat 24 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 222.2 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD
Everybody loved Mom's mustard potato salad. Hers was different than most because she always used mashed potatoes. A few years ago we discovered that it tastes just as good when using instant mashed potatoes. This is so easy, and it will keep for several days in the fridge. From the kitchen of Wanda Cupp Thornburg, Moberly MO.
Provided by Tona C.
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 6 cups, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add onions to liquids for instant potatoes. Cook according to package instructions.
- While potatoes are still warm, add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- This dish can be served warm or cold.
- If this is too "whangy" for your taste, cut the vinegar and mustard in half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85.5, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 159, Sodium 505.4, Carbohydrate 7.2, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 3.4, Protein 5
More about "moms mashed potato salad recipes"
MOM'S CLASSIC POTATO SALAD - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
RECIPE FOR SO-CALLED MASHED POTATO SALAD - THE …
MOM'S MASHED POTATOES - COOKING CLASSY
MASHED POTATO SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
OLD-FASHIONED MASHED POTATO SALAD - PALATABLE PASTIME
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST POTATO SALAD (RECIPE) - A SPICY …
EASY POTATO SALAD RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD | RECIPESTY
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD | POTATOES, POTATOE SALAD RECIPE, …
MOM'S MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOM'S CLASSIC POTATO SALAD - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
THE BEST MASHED POTATOES! - MOM ON TIMEOUT
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
THE BEST POTATO SALAD WITH EGG - MOM'S DINNER
LEVEL 5: MINCED & MOIST MASHED POTATO SALAD - REAL MEALS MODIFIED
MOM FLORENCE'S MASHED POTATO SALAD RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
MOMS MASHED POTATO SALAD | FOODMASTER.INFO
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD | RECIPE | MASHED POTATO SALADS, …
MOM'S HOMEMADE POTATO SALAD - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
MOM'S POTATO SALAD - THE TASTY PAGE | RECIPE | POTATOES, POTATO …
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MASHED POTATO SALAD RECIPE - AT HOME WITH TAI
POTATO PANCAKES FROM LEFTOVERS - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD RECIPE | POTATOE SALAD RECIPE, …
MOM'S BEST POTATO SALAD - TRIED AND TASTY
MOM'S OLD FASHIONED POTATO SALAD RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
MOM'S SMASHED MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POTATO SALAD RED POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOM'S BEST POTATO SALAD - THE SKINNYISH DISH
BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED MASHED POTATO SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MOM'S MASHED POTATO SALAD - DAIRY-FREE POTATO SALAD RECIPES
MOM'S MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | SIDECHEF
MOM'S POTATO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TRADITIONAL POTATO SALAD 1KG IN 2022 | POTATOE SALAD RECIPE, LOADED ...
THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE EVER | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
You'll also love