MOM'S SWEDISH MEATBALLS
Mom fixed this Swedish meatball recipe for all sorts of family dinners, potluck suppers and PTA meetings. The scent of browning meat is intoxicating. Add to that the sweet smell of onions caramelizing, and everyone's mouth starts watering. -Marybeth Mank, Mesquite, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. meatballs (about 36). In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in batches. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain, reserving drippings in pan., For gravy, stir flour into drippings; cook over medium-high heat until light brown (do not burn). Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Stir in the consomme, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened., Reduce heat to medium-low; return meatballs to pan. Cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until meatballs are cooked through, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; toss with butter. Serve with meatball mixture; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 837 calories, Fat 33g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 256mg cholesterol, Sodium 1744mg sodium, Carbohydrate 82g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 50g protein.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic until softened but not browned. Let cool and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the excess milk from the bread and add the bread to the bowl. Add the beef, egg, oregano, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix by hand until smooth. Form into little meatballs, about 1 ounce each.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dust the meatballs in flour and shallow-fry them until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- To serve: Place on a platter and garnish with lemon wedges and torn mint leaves.
DOM'S MOM'S TENDER MEATBALLS
I got this recipe from my Cooking Light friends though this isn't exactly a light recipe! But it's oh so good!
Provided by greysangel
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 30 meatballs
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly; let stand 1/2 hour. Shape into medium-sized meatballs. Fry gently in olive oil until lightly brown, or place on foil in a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Gently place in your own hot spaghetti sauce and cook on medium-low heat for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and crackers. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. , Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Serve meatballs immediately, or refrigerate or freeze for use in other recipes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 36 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 28mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Scrumptious meatballs from Mom. Mom never browned them first if she was using in her spaghetti sauce. See her recipe for sauce posted in my recipes, recipe #210729. She would drop them in raw and let them simmer for 40 mins. You will have to skim off any excess fat that rises to the top of the sauce if done this way. Or you can saute them first or bake in the oven before adding them to the sauce. No need to skim off any grease if pre-cooked.
Provided by Doozie
Yield 25 meatballs
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix all ingredients together lightly.
- Add to Mom's Spaghetti Sauce (posted here).
- Simmer 40 minutes.
MOM'S MEATBALLS WITH NEAPOLITAN MEAT SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the meat sauce: Sear small batches of the beef, pork and sausage in olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, and then remove from the pot. After all the meat is seared, deglaze with the red wine and add the onion. Cook until transparent. Add tomatoes to the pot. Add meat to the pot. Add the chile flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 hours.
- For the meatballs: While the sauce is simmering, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Soak the bread in the milk.
- Squeeze the milk from the bread after soaking. Mix the ground chuck, pecorino, ground pork, bread, onion, parsley, basil, garlic and eggs together by hand in a large bowl.
- Roll the meatballs loosely about two times the size of a golf ball, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and braise until tender. Serve hot.
More about "momsmeatballs recipes"
MOM'S LOW CARB MEATBALLS RECIPE - ITALIAN STYLE (KETO ...
5/5 (89)Total Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 387 per serving
- Add the remaining ingredients to the meat and mix with a hand mixer until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Lightly oil hands and roll 12 meatballs. I weigh mine to get the weights equal for even cooking. To do it by eye, divide the meatball mixture in half and roll 6 meatballs of even looking size and repeat with the remaining meat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. I use a Green Pan, but an iron skillet or stainless steel pan will do (they will need more oil). When hot, spray the pan with oil (use 2 teaspoons for iron or stainless). Add the meatballs to the pan, making sure they each have their own place. [DO NOT crowd the pan. If your pan is small and you add all of the meatballs, they will steam and be tough. If your pan is large, you can fit all 12 in the pan.]
MOM'S MEATBALL SOUP RECIPE - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 (32)Category MediumCuisine $7-$10Total Time 55 mins
- Add 15 cups water to a large soup pot over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp salt and all of your chopped potatoes to the soup pot. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Place ground pork into a large bowl. Add 1/2 chopped onion, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 2 tsp salt, and 1 egg. Mix well.
DOM'S MOM'S MEATBALLS - 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL PLANNER …
5/5 (3)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr
MOM'S MEATBALLS WITH GRAVY - HEALTHY HABITS WITH LINDSEY
MOM'S MEATBALLS | COOKSTR.COM
Category Other Meat RecipesEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Place the breadcrumbs in a small bowl and stir in the milk; allow them to sit for 5 minutes, then stir to combine well and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, add the chuck, pork, veal, parsley, garlic, cheese, egg yolk, salt and pepper and the moistened breadcrumbs.
- Mix everything with wet hands just until combined. Fry a small spoonful in a frying pan and taste for seasoning.
MOM'S ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPE THAT NEVER FAILS - 2 DADS ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Make sure all components are blended together well throughout the mixture.
- Roll mixture together in firm balls a little larger than a golf ball. Place on a plate one at a time until all the mixture has been used. Cover, and place the plate of meatballs in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and gently place the meatballs one at a time into the sugo pot. Make sure the balls do not stick to one another as you fill the pot. Using a wooden spoon, push the meatballs beneath the surface of the sauce so that they will fully cook. Cover the pot and let cook on low for about 15 minutes. Very gently stir to make sure the meatballs are not sticking to the pan or each other. Cover again and let cook for at least another hour.
EASY MOM'S MEATBALL SOUP - MOMSDISH
4.8/5 (121)Total Time 50 minsCategory SoupCalories 161 per serving
- Sautée grated carrots and diced onions with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Sautée until the vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes) and set them aside.
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN MEATBALLS - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
4.1/5 (41)Calories 136 per servingCategory Main Dishes
- In a small bowl soak the bread in the milk for about 5 minutes, then squeeze out moisture and crumple into small bits.
- In a medium bowl combine the bread with ground beef, eggs, parmesan and spices gently mix to combine well (I use my clean hands, its the best way to do it). Form into small balls ( I form the meatballs into the size of a golf ball). In a medium frying pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and the meatballs, brown them on all sides.
- While meatballs are browning, in a separate, large deep pan add the olive oil, the tomato puree (or peeled tomatoes), spices and water, stir until well combined. Add the browned meatballs. Over medium heat, heat to boiling, then lower heat to medium low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes (covered), then raise the heat to medium, (leave pan slightly uncovered 1/3 uncovered) and cook an additional 20 minutes, until sauce has thickened and meatballs are cooked through. Serve immediately, top with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired. Don't forget some crusty Italian bread to soak up the delicious sauce. Enjoy!
MOM'S SUNDAY MEATBALLS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 296 per serving
THE BEST BAKED MEATBALL RECIPE | A MIND "FULL" MOM
4.8/5 (300)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseUploaded 2021-08-26
DYLAN DREYER'S MOTHER-IN-LAW'S MEATBALLS RECIPE
4.1/5 (442)Category Entrées
DOM’S MOM’S MEATBALLS – CHRIS SUSSMANN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MOM`S MEATBALLS - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
4/5 (1)Category MinceCuisine Balkan CuisineTotal Time 50 mins
MAMA'S BEST EVER SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS RECIPE | RAGÚ
MEATBALL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPES - MEET YOUR FARMER - NOVA SCOTIA
MOM’S MEATBALLS | CHEF FABIO VIVIANI - MASTERCOOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What kind of meat does my mom use to make meatballs?Mom uses a combination of beef, pork, and veal as well as breadcrumbs to make tender Italian meatballs. She flavors them with onion, garlic, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese. She adds a raisin to the center to make the meatball sweet.
How to make a tomato sauce for meatballs?While meatballs are browning, in a separate, large deep pan add the olive oil, the tomato puree, spices and water, stir to combine. Add the browned meatballs. Cook until sauce has thickened and meatballs are cooked through.
How many carbs in mom's low carb meatballs?Mom’s Low Carb Meatballs Recipe is 1 net carb per serving and 4 net carbs with Rao’s Marinara sauce. Mom’s Low Carb Meatballs Recipe – Italian Style (Keto Meatballs)
What's the best way to bake meatballs?Other’s like to bake meatballs in the oven. Simply put the meatballs on a sheet pan and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. This method eliminates the need for standing over a hot pan and results in round meatballs. Unfortunately, it doesn’t promote much browning.