HEIRLOOM TOMATO TART WITH PESTO AND MOZZARELLA
In these last days of summer, I made this fresh and light summer tomato tart. I love it al fresco with wine. It's much nicer when you use variety of tomatoes like heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, mini Marzano, and pear tomatoes. If you grow your own tomatoes in your garden or got some from someone you know, this is perfect. Put them in!
Provided by lolalobato
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pour flour into a bowl and make a well in the center. Add butter, egg, water, salt, and sugar. Work the ingredients together with your fingertips until they resemble bread crumbs. Mix until smooth, pushing with the bottom of your palm to form dough into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a large round on a floured work surface. Roll up dough over the rolling pin to transfer it to a tart pan with a detachable bottom. Drape dough over the tart pan; press over the bottom and against the edges. Trim the edges. Chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Line with waxed paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until partially cooked, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the weights and waxed paper. Continue baking for 5 minutes. Let cool. Leave the oven on.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto over the crust. Break mozzarella into pieces over the pesto. Cover with tomatoes.
- Return tart to the oven; bake until tomatoes are tender and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Season with sea salt before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 78.1 mg, Fat 29.8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 16.4 g, SaturatedFat 13.3 g, Sodium 840.7 mg, Sugar 1 g
MOZZARELLA TART WITH PESTO
Solve your dinnertime dilemma with a recipe for our mozzarella and pesto tart from My Food and Family. This easy mozzarella and pesto tart is ready in no time!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into an 11-inch circle. Place in prepared pan. Prick dough several times with fork. Brush with egg. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat dressing in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions and crushed red pepper; cook and stir 5 min. or until chicken is no longer pink and onions are crisp-tender.
- Spread crust with pesto sauce. Top with chicken mixture, roasted red peppers, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is done and cheese is melted. Remove tart from rim of pan. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 550 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 17 g
TOMATO & MOZZARELLA TART WITH ROAST PEPPER PESTO
- Put a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7. (Heating the sheet helps cook the pastry base.) Use the pastry to line a shallow rectangular tin about 20 x 30cm. Prick the base lightly with a fork.
- Scatter the Parmesan over the pastry base. Drain the peppers and pat dry on paper towels. (If the peppers are in oil, don't worry about this part.) Lay the whole peppers widthways across the pastry base. If the peppers aren't in oil, brush a little over them and the pastry, then season. Bake for about 15 minutes until the pastry is puffy and golden.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella. Lay alternating, slightly overlapping lines of tomato and mozzarella over the peppers. Drizzle with oil, scatter with basil leaves and an extra grinding of black pepper, then serve while the pastry is still warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 2.54 milligram of sodium
MOZZARELLA, PESTO AND TOMATO PIE
I was looking for a recipe for tomato pie or tart. I developed my own recipe based on ideas drawn from several sources. The number of tomatoes and amount of mozzarella are just approximations since I mostly made this recipe up. Let this not deter you from trying this one. I tried this one today and the results were so yummm...
Provided by daisy M
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prebake a 9" pie crust according to the package directions until barely golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree farenheit.
- Remove from oven and add the shredded cheeses.
- Let cool.
- Prepare pesto by grinding together all the ingredients and adding enough oil to form a coarse,thick paste.
- Core tomatoes and slice into 1/2 inch thick rings.
- Salt the slices liberally and place them on paper towels for 30 minutes.
- Press slices to extract all the liquid and wipe off as much salt as possible.
- Assemble the pie: Place the sliced mozzarella onto the cooled pie shell (arrange enough slices to closely fit into the shell).
- All the slices you may have might not be needed.
- Spread the pesto over the mozzarella in a thick layer to coat the cheese well.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 min until cheese melts and pie is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437.6, Fat 30.2, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 44.8, Sodium 592.8, Carbohydrate 25.5, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 2, Protein 16.9
TOMATO PESTO TART
Try this for a sophisticated, fresh-tasting treat. It's a great way to use your garden tomatoes. -Judy Hannebaum, Freeland, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie pastry. Roll into a 14x12-in. rectangle; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Flute edges; prick bottom with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned., Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; top with tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, pesto, pepper and remaining mozzarella until blended; spread over tomatoes. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "mozzarella tart with pesto recipes"
MOZZARELLA AND PESTO CRESCENT MINI TARTS RECIPE
3.5/5 (3)Category Side DishServings 12Total Time 35 mins
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray. Unroll crescent dough sheet into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Gently press dough squares into muffin cups (dough will not completely cover inside of cup; do not press too much). In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic powder. Brush mixture lightly onto insides of crescent dough. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Fill each baked crescent cup with generous 1/2 teaspoon pesto, cheese ball half and tomato quarter. Bake 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is softened. Remove from pan. Top with basil before serving. Serve warm.
FRESH MOZZARELLA AND PESTO TART | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (1)Calories 404 per serving
- On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 10-inch circle. Place in a greased 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing to fit into pan. Prick crust with a fork. Brush with beaten egg. Bake in a 400-degree F. oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a wire rack (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil. Stir-fry chicken, onion, sweet pepper, and lemon-pepper seasoning over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Spread pesto atop the crust. Top with chicken mixture, tomato, and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake in a 400-degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from pan; place on a serving platter. Cut into wedges. Makes 6 servings.
PESTO, CHEESE & TOMATO PUFF PASTRY TART! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
TOMATO CAPRESE TART - THE WIMPY VEGETARIAN
THE 35 BEST CREAMY PASTA RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
FRESH TOMATO TART - CAPRESE INSPIRED! - THAT SKINNY CHICJK CAN BAKE
HEIRLOOM TOMATO TART WITH PESTO AND MOZZARELLA | RECIPESTY
TOMATO, MOZZARELLA & PESTO TARTS - BIGOVEN.COM
RECIPE: MOZZARELLA TOMATO PESTO PIE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
CAPRESE TART WITH PESTO AND MOZZARELLA - VAL EN BARCELONA
MOZZARELLA AND PESTO CRESCENT TARTS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY TOMATO PESTO PUFF PASTRY TART | OLIVE & MANGO
20 MINUTE CHEESY PESTO TARTS - OH SWEET BASIL
47 DELICIOUS WAYS TO USE PESTO | ALLRECIPES
HEIRLOOM TOMATO TART WITH MOZZARELLA AND PESTO
EASY TOMATO PESTO TARTS - SHWETA IN THE KITCHEN
RECIPE - PESTO, SPINACH, TOMATO & MOZZARELLA TART - STACEY IN THE …
10 BEST PESTO AND MOZZARELLA PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOMATO MOZZARELLA PESTO TART (EASY & TASTY) - LILIE BAKERY
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO & MOZZARELLA TARTS RECIPE
CAPRESE TART WITH PESTO - HEALING TOMATO RECIPES
TOMATO TART WITH PESTO AND MOZZARELLA - LA MAISON DU MONDE
HEIRLOOM TOMATO TART WITH PESTO AND MOZZARELLA - SAVORY PIE …
THE HAIRY BAKERS: TOMATO, MOZZARELLA AND PESTO TARTS RECIPE
MINI MOZZARELLA & PESTO TARTS | PILLSBURY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
MOZZARELLA TOMATO TART - OH SWEET BASIL
MOZZARELLA, PESTO AND TOMATO PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TOMATO, MOZZARELLA AND PESTO TART | EXPRESS.CO.UK
PUFF PASTRY PESTO TART | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
EASY TOMATO TART | RECIPE FROM LEIGH ANNE WILKES
30 FRESH MOZZARELLA RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
MOZZARELLA TART RECIPE
EASY 5 INGREDIENT PESTO TOMATO TART - EASY CHEESY VEGETARIAN
MOZZARELLA AND PESTO CRESCENT TARTS RECIPE RECIPE
AIR FRYER CHICKEN PESTO - AIR FRYER FANATICS
10 BEST PESTO AND MOZZARELLA PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you use sun dried tomato Pesto on a tart?Spoon 1 teaspoonful of sun-dried tomato pesto onto the entre of each tart, top with your desired toppings and finish off with some mozzarella cheese. Bake for 12 minutes or so on the pre-heated baking tray until the pastry is golden.
How to bake pesto pastry in oven?Brush the edges with milk. Step 4: Spoon a little sun-dried tomato pesto onto the centre of each pastry. Step 5: top with your desired toppings. Step 6: Bake in the centre of the oven for 12 minutes, or until golden. Serve with fresh basil leaves.
How do you cook pastry with mozzarella?Bake for about 15 minutes until the pastry is puffy and golden. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella. Lay alternating, slightly overlapping lines of tomato and mozzarella over the peppers. Drizzle with oil, scatter with basil leaves and an extra grinding of black pepper, then serve while the pastry is still warm.
What are the best ways to use pesto?47 Delicious Ways to Use Pesto. 1 Pesto Stuffed Grilled Portobellos. Credit: France C. View Recipe. "Pesto-stuffed grilled portobellos make for the perfect summer outdoor meal," ... 2 Heirloom Tomato Tart with Pesto and Mozzarella. 3 Fresh Pesto Pizza. 4 Pesto Turkey Meatballs. 5 Pesto Chicken Bake. More items