Original Recipe from Vancouver Food and Wine, but here is the recipe adapted by the Belgian Chef in a video especially for the mussels' lovers. Enjoy. MUSSEL MANIA - TODAY'S OLYMPIC MUSSELS - VIDEO - Feb. 16, 2010 - Chef Nico Schuermans' Vancouver Mussels Congolaise - Chambar Belgian Restaurant in Vancouver, BC - http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/35460474#35421159
Provided by pink cook
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Clean the mussels and remove the "beard".
- Heat a sauce pot on medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and sauté the red onion, garlic, and all the ground spices for about a minute.
- Add mussels, coconut milk, roma tomatoes, chipotle chiles, lemon, and lime juice to the pot. Some salt to taste only, because the mussels are salted.
- Cover the pot with a lid and simmer the mussels until they have opened, but watching carefully to not over cook them. Decorate with fresh cilantro on top and serve.
- For the additional Ingredients: add the white wine together with the mussels without chipotle, and add the celery on top of the mussels and cook until opened.
- Important Note: rinse the wild mussels several times but do not let them sit in water, as freshwater will kill them.
CONCHIGLIE WITH CLAMS AND MUSSELS
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broccoli into the pasta water and continue cooking until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, and the broccoli is blanched, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Add the clams, mussels, and wine. Cook for 5 minutes, making sure all the shells have opened. Discard any shells that remain closed. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, broccoli, and shellfish. Add the reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
CHAMBAR MUSSELS CONGOLAISE
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Rinse and Scrub mussels and remove beard before starting recepi. Heat a 2 L Saucepan on medium-high heat. Add Vegetable oil and saute the red onion and garlic with all the ground spices for about a minute. Add the mussels, coconut milk, roma tomatoes, lemon and lime juice, chipotle Puree to the pot. Add salt to taste. Cover the saucepot with a lid and simmer the mussels unil they ahve opened. Once opened add the fresh cilantro and serve into bowels. Serve with crusty bread for dipping as there will be juice left over in the bowels. The sauce can be made in advance by a day and warmed up before adding the mussels.
PATTI'S MUSSELS A LA MARINIERE
- Place mussels in a large bowl with cold water to cover. Let them soak for about 20 minutes to remove any dirt or sand.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and saute for one minute, but do not brown. Add the chopped green onion and tomatoes, and cook until almost tender. Pour in the white wine, and stir in the parsley and butter. Bring to a boil, and allow to boil until the liquid has reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mussels to the pot, cover and allow to cook until the shells are opened, about 10 minutes. Transfer the mussels and sauce to a large serving bowl, discarding any unopened shells. Bon appetit!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 17.9 mg, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 7.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 150.6 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
More about "mussels congolaise recipes"
RECIPE: MUSSELS CONGOLAISE | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add fennel, coriander and cumin seeds and toast lightly, 30 seconds, then immediately add shallot and sauté until tender and translucent, about 2–3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add tomato paste, chipotle and saffron. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, then stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook until reduced and flavors have blended, about 6–8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium, then add mussels and stir to coat in sauce. Cover Dutch oven and cook until mussels have opened, about 5–7 minutes (discarding any unopened shells.)
HOW TO MAKE 'MUSSELS CONGOLAISE'. A TASTE OF CHAMBAR …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHAMBAR'S MUSSELS CONGOLAISE - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MOULES FRITES (MUSSELS AND FRENCH FRIES) - DAVID LEBOVITZ
MUSSEL RECIPES - I LOVE PEI MUSSELS - CANADIAN COVE FRESH …
CHAMBAR'S MUSSELS CONGOLAISE | RECIPE | WINE RECIPES, MUSSELS, …
TRADITIONAL FRENCH MOULES (MUSSELS) - INSPIRED CUISINE
MUSSELS CONGOLAISE CHAMBAR
LINGUINE WITH MUSSELS AND CLAMS: EASY AND ELEGANT - MEZZE & TAPAS
MUSSEL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MUSSELS CONGOLAISE & SEAFOOD PASTA WITH ORANGE SHITE WINE SAUCE
HOW TO COOK MUSSELS WITH GARLIC WHITE WINE SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
THE 20 BEST MUSSEL RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
NEW ZEALAND MUSSELS SERVED 5 WAYS - CHEF DENNIS
35 MUSSELS RECIPES THAT ARE QUICK, EASY, AND ELEGANT
MOULES CONGOLAISE | CANADA'S 100 BEST RESTAURANTS
MOULES CONGOLAISE - WHAT SHALL I COOK?
25 EASY MUSSELS RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CATALAN MUSSELS RECIPE | MUSSELS WITH TOMATO, BASIL, LEMON AND …
37 MUSSELS RECIPES THAT ARE EASY AND FANCY - PUREWOW
THAT MOULE DO NICELY! 17 WAYS WITH MUSSELS - THE GUARDIAN
MUSSELS CONGO - BIGOVEN.COM
MUSSELS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RECIPE: MUSSELS CONGOLAISE | RECIPE | WHOLE FOOD RECIPES, ONE POT …
MUSSELS CONGOLAISE CHAMBAR FINANCIAL AID UTEP OFFICE HOURS
MUSSELS FROM VANCOUVER - EILEE
BEST FRESH MUSSEL "ESCABECHE" RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
COPYCAT MAGGIANO'S TUSCAN MUSSELS - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #seafood #mussels #shellfish #taste-mood #savory #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best ways to cook mussels?The mussels are steamed in a light cream sauce with apples and apple brandy—a flavor combination that’s sure to please. The mussels are tender, and the sauce is rich but not heavy. And this recipe? It comes together in just 20 minutes. You can’t beat that! 2. Summer Seafood Stew
How to cook clams and mussels with linguine?Choose a large saute pan or skillet that will hold all the clams, mussels, and linguine. You will also need a snug fitting lid to cover the cooking clams and mussels. Heat the pan over medium high heat, and wait for the pasta water to boil. When the water in the pot comes to a boil, add the linguine and cook according to package directions.
What kind of vinegar do you use to cook mussels?You'll mix together white wine and white wine vinegar for these steamed mussels, which makes the steaming liquid bright and tangy. (Use a decent bottle of wine so you can drink the rest.) Serve this dish with toasted bread to soak up the juices.
What type of mussels should I use for mussels Italiano?Last but not least is the Mussels Italiano, which consists of a little marinara sauce with a sprinkle of Romano cheese and shredded Mozzarella. What type of Mussels should I use for this dish? For Mussels that have toppings or stuffed mussels, my choice is New Zealand mussels.