- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and lightly flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour about 1 2/3 cups batter into pan.
- Into small bowl, pour 1 1/3 cups batter; stir in almond extract and food color. Carefully pour pink batter over white batter in pan. Stir chocolate syrup into remaining batter. Carefully pour chocolate batter over pink batter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 1/2 inches from side of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate; remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High about 15 seconds or until frosting can be stirred smooth and is thin enough to drizzle. Spread over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 320 mg, Sugar 25 g, TransFat 1/2 g
I received this easy recipe from a friend. It's a pretty cake for birthday parties. I like to add some strawberry extract to the pink portion of the batter. -Marianne Waldman, Brimfield, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Divide batter into three equal portions. , Pour one portion into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Stir red food coloring into another portion; carefully spoon into pan. Stir chocolate syrup and cocoa into remaining batter; carefully spoon into pan. Do not swirl., Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 301mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
NEAPOLITAN BUNDT CAKE
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs on low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the bundt pan.
- Measure 1/2 of the remaining batter into a small bowl and stir in the strawberry extract and food color (as much as you want to make a pretty, dark pink color). Carefully pour this into the pan.
- Stir 1/4 cup chocolate syrup into the remaining batter and carefully pour this into the pan on top of the strawberry batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven. Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drizzle chocolate glaze over the top.
- To make chocolate glaze: Mix together confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup until smooth. If necessary, a few drops of water or a small amount of additional confectioners' sugar may be added until the desired consistency is obtained. Drizzle over top of the bundt cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446 calories, Carbohydrate 70.7 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 462.4 mg, Sugar 53 g
NEAPOLITAN SHEET CAKE
Marble cake gets an upgrade with this sweet sheet cake swirled with Neapolitan flavors. Frosting swirls of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry make this pretty cake stunning from top to bottom!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. In small bowl, place 1 1/4 cups of the batter; stir in 2 tablespoons cocoa until blended. In another small bowl, place 1 1/4 cups of the batter; stir in 2 tablespoons strawberry jam and 1/4 teaspoon food color until blended. Pour remaining cake batter in bottom of pan. Drop tablespoons of each colored batter in random pattern over top; pull table knife through batter to make swirls.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. On low speed, gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in 2 tablespoons milk and the vanilla. If frosting is too stiff to spread, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- In small bowl, place 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting; stir in 1 teaspoon strawberry jam until blended. Stir in food color until desired color. In another small bowl, place 3 tablespoons of the vanilla frosting; stir in 1 teaspoon cocoa until blended. Spread remaining vanilla frosting on top of cake. Randomly drop measuring teaspoonfuls of strawberry and chocolate frosting over top. Use small icing spatula to swirl frosting over top of cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Carbohydrate 57 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 5, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 410 mg, Sugar 40 g, TransFat 1/2 g
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE
This is a great tasting cake and really looks good. It is also very easy to put together. I haven't made this cake for a long time and just ran across it in my files and thought I would share it with you. I believe I got this recipe from my sister.
Provided by Darlene10
Yield 1 cake, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350° (325° for coloured fluted tube pan).
- Using solid shortening or margarine (not oil), grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan (non-stick finish pan, too).
- In large bowl, blend cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Blend in cake mix and milk.
- Beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Add strawberry milk drink mix to 2 cups batter; pour into prepared pan.
- Stir vanilla into 2 cups batter; pour over strawberry batter.
- Add chocolate milk drink mix to remaining batter; pour over vanilla batter.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 45 minutes.
- Loosen edges; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.1, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 102, Sodium 404.5, Carbohydrate 55.6, Fiber 1, Sugar 43.4, Protein 6.9
EASY NEAPOLITAN CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-x-5-inch or a 8.5-x-4.5-x-2.5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, egg whites, oil and 1 cup water in a bowl using an electric mixer, mixing until smooth. Divide the batter evenly among 3 bowls. Leave the first bowl plain. To the second bowl, add the cocoa powder and mix well. To the third bowl, add the freeze-dried strawberries and food coloring to achieve your desired color.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place 2 scoops of chocolate mix into the loaf pan in different areas. Follow with 2 scoops of strawberry mix and 2 scoops of vanilla. Repeat until all the batter is used and the cake has a marbled appearance. Place in the oven and bake until a tester comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, make the ganache. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over a low heat until just simmering. Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl, then pour the cream over the chips and let sit for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack (not inverted) and let cool.
- Pour the ganache over the cake, letting any excess drip down the sides.
CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE AND NEAPOLITAN BAKED ALASKA
- Line an (8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch) metal loaf pan with 2 layers of plastic wrap, allowing 3 inches of plastic to hang over pan sides. Cut ice cream block in half crosswise, and then press the layer of pound cake slices into the bottom of the pan. Add half of ice cream and then add the remaining cake to sandwich the ice cream. Fold plastic overhang atop cake to cover. Freeze for 4 hours, or until frozen solid.
- Wrap hot damp towels around pan sides to loosen cake and ice cream from pan. Fold back plastic from atop cake. Invert a baking dish or large flame-proof plate atop cake. Holding baking dish and pan together, invert cake into dish. Remove pan; keep cake covered with plastic wrap. Freeze while preparing meringue.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer until frothy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Remove plastic from cake. Spread meringue over cake, covering cake and ice cream and completely sealing meringue to dish. Bake until meringue is lightly brown and just set, about 3 minutes. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
NESQUIK NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE
THIS IS A FUN AND GREAT RECIPE! WE LOVE IT! Winter 2001. Moist and tasty. This fun cake with three different flavors will be a hit with kids of all ages. Serve it at your next birthday party for a neat change of pace. Makes 16 servings. Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Nestle Nesquik.
Provided by byZula
Yield 1 bundt cake
Number Of Ingredients 7
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 10-inch, 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- BEAT cream cheese and eggs in large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Beat in cake mix alternately with milk.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thick).
- Remove 2 cups batter and place in separate bowl; stir in chocolate Nesquik.
- Remove 2 more cups white cake batter and place in separate bowl; stir in strawberry Nesquik.
- SPOON strawberry batter into prepared pan; tap pan on counter lightly.
- Spoon white batter over strawberry batter covering it completely, and then spoon chocolate batter over white batter.
- BAKE on center oven rack for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Loosen edges with butter knife if needed; invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4292, Fat 164.8, SaturatedFat 69.9, Cholesterol 1121.1, Sodium 4902.3, Carbohydrate 635.6, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 485.4, Protein 74.8
NESQUIK™ NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE
This fun cake with three different flavors will be a hit with kids of all ages. Serve it at your next birthday party for a neat change of pace.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 7
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch, 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- BEAT cream cheese and eggs in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in cake mix alternately with milk. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thick). Remove 2 cups batter and place in separate bowl; stir in chocolate Nesquik. Remove 2 more cups white cake batter and place in separate bowl; stir in strawberry Nesquik.
- SPOON strawberry batter into prepared pan; tap pan on counter lightly. Spoon white batter over strawberry batter covering it completely, and then spoon chocolate batter over white batter.
- BAKE on center oven rack for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 45 minutes. Loosen edges with butter knife if needed; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.6 calories, Carbohydrate 42.1 g, Cholesterol 62.8 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 305.7 mg, Sugar 34.2 g
More about "neapolitan pound cake recipes"
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE - SWEET RECIPEAS
4.5/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or a bowl and a hand mixer) on medium-high speed, cream together cheeses and butter.
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE | DOUGH-EYED
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Generous grease a loaf pan, and sprinkle all the inside edges with a little over half of the coarse sugar. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract, and the eggs one at a time, along with the milk. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until combined, taking care to not over-mix.
- Divide the batter evenly into three bowls. Stir in the freeze dried strawberry powder* into one bowl of batter. Stir together the cocoa powder and boiling water until it forms a paste, and stir that into a second bowl of batter. Leave the third batter plain/vanilla.
- Dollop each of the three flavors of batter to your prepared pan, layering in alternating dollops. Then, use a butter knife to gently swirl the batter, being sure to reach all the way to the bottom of your pan. Generously sprinkle the remaining coarse sugar over the top.
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE - THE BAKERMAMA
Reviews 6Category DessertServings 12Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, slowly beat in the buttermilk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, one cup at a time, until just combined.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between three medium-sized mixing bowls, about 2 cups of batter per bowl. Add the chocolate instant pudding mix to one bowl, the vanilla instant pudding mix to another bowl and the strawberry gelatin mix to the third bowl. Stir the batter in each bowl until the mix is well combined and the batter is smooth.
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE RECIPE ON FOOD52
Reviews 9Category BreakfastServings 10
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE, 1971 – A VINTAGE RECIPE TEST
NEAPOLITAN CAKE RECIPE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH MAGAZINE
NEAPOLITAN CAKE (QUICK AND EASY) - SWEETEST MENU
NEAPOLITAN SHEET CAKE RECIPE - SUGAR AND CHARM
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BECKY BAKES, AND COOKS TOO!: NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE
BEST NEAPOLITAN BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE NEAPOLITAN
RECIPE FOR NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE - ONLINE RECIPES FROM HINDS …
3 LAYER NEAPOLITAN CAKE (CHOCOLATE, VANILLA & STRAWBERRY)
POUND CAKE BAKED ALASKA - IN KATRINAS KITCHEN
NESQUIK NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE | OFFICIAL NESQUIK®
NEAPOLITAN ICE CREAM - BEST NEAPOLITAN ICE CREAM SANDWICH, CAKE …
THE ULTIMATE NEAPOLITAN CAKE RECIPE | LIFE LOVE & SUGAR
NEAPOLITAN CAKE FROM SCRATCH - ALWAYS EAT DESSERT
NEAPOLITAN BUNDT CAKE - MAMA'S ON A BUDGET
NEAPOLITAN LAYERED POUND CAKE - DASH OF JAZZ
NEAPOLITAN CAKE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
MARBLED LOAF PAN NEAPOLITAN CAKE - COOKIE MADNESS
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE | DESSERTS, DELICIOUS DESSERTS, HOW SWEET …
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE RECIPE ON FOOD52 | RECIPE | POUND CAKE, …
TOPRECIPES | NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE | KITCHEN VISTA'S | DESSERTS, DELICIOUS …
NEAPOLITAN MARBLE CAKE - PARSLEY AND ICING
NEAPOLITAN MARBLE BUNDT CAKE - NORDIC WARE
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE - THE LADY IN JEANS BAKES
NESQUIK NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
HOW TO BAKE A NEAPOLITAN CAKE LIKE THE PROS - YOUTUBE
NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NEAPOLITAN POUNDCAKE – MUNCHIESWITHMILES
GLAZED GLUTEN FREE NEAPOLITAN POUND CAKE - SISTERS SANS GLUTEN
NEAPOLITAN CAKE | RECIPE | 12 CAKES
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #oven #easy #holiday-event #kid-friendly #cakes #dietary #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love