OLD-FASHIONED OATMEAL RAISIN BARS
These tender bars from Rita Christianson of Glenburn, North Dakota have a sweet raisin filling tucked between a golden oat crust and topping. The old-fashioned treats are perfect for potlucks and cost a mere 20¢ each.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in sour cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in raisins. Cool to room temperature without stirring., Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. , Firmly press 3-1/2 cups of crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with raisin filling. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. , Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 141mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; butter paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugars, egg, salt, and cinnamon until smooth. Add flour, oats, and raisins; fold in just until combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan, and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Using paper overhang, lift cake onto a work surface; cut into 16 bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g
OATMEAL RAISIN BAR COOKIES
This is a thick, satisfying, tender, and chewy bar cookie/blondie. A perfect holiday recipe! Don't overcook, as you want these to be moist. I got this recipe from a great online blog, "Baking Bites".
Provided by blucoat
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 20 bars
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper (optional, but aids in getting cookies out of pan).
- Whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in vanilla, egg and melted butter until smooth. Stir in oats and raisins until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour dough into prepared pan and spread into a even layer with a spatula or your fingers. Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until bars are set and the center no longer looks wet. Edges will be golden brown. Cool pan on a wire rack before slicing. Cut into rectangular bars to serve.
RAISIN FILLED OATMEAL BARS
- Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar and soda. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Pat 2/3 of crumbs in the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- FOR FILLING:.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in 2 cups raisins and 1 cup water. Cook and stir till bubbly. Spread atop crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake in a 375F oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet. Line bottom with parchment paper, and butter parchment; set sheet aside.
- Make filling: Pulse raisins and sugar in a food processor until almost pureed. Transfer to a saucepan. Whisk cornstarch into 1 cup cold water; whisk into raisin mixture. Stir in cider. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and sugar has dissolved, about 6 minutes.Let cool completely.
- Make dough: Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Put shortening in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add brown sugar, and mix until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Mix in oats.
- Press half the dough into prepared baking sheet. Spread raisin filling evenly over top of dough. Crumble remaining dough on top of filling using your fingers, gently pressing down so that topping covers filling. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until top is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely in sheet on a wire rack. Cut into 2-inchsquares. Bars can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 5 days.
OATMEAL RAISIN BARS
These bars are so popular with my family that I have to hide them if they're bound for a buffet! I got the recipe from a farm wife with growing boys. I always make plenty, because even this big batch disappears quickly around our house.-Annie Beilers, Leola, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallow and butter until smooth. Add honey, oil and peanut butter; mix well. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans; press firmly and evenly. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 116mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
RAISIN SOUR CREAM BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Cook first six ingredients over low heat until well blended. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, oatmeal, baking soda, butter, flour and salt until crumbly. Press half of mixture into pan.
- Pour cooked mixture over crust and crumble the other half of crust over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.8 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 39.9 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 141 mg, Sugar 19.6 g
More about "oatmeal raisin bars recipes"
OATMEAL RAISIN BARS- JUST 4 INGREDIENTS! - THE BIG MAN'S ...
4.9/5 (39)Total Time 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 265 per serving
- In a mixing bowl, add all your ingredients, except for your raisins, and mix well. Fold through your raisins, reserving a few to top the bars with.
- Transfer the batter into the lined pan and top with extra raisins. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the tops are golden. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, before slicing into bars.
OATMEAL-RAISIN SNACK BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsServings 32
NO BAKE OATMEAL RAISIN BARS (GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN) – SIMPLY ...
EASY OATMEAL BARS HEALTHY RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN BARS - THE LEMON BOWL
GLAZED OATMEAL RAISIN BARS - TORNADOUGH ALLI
ALLRECIPES BAKED OATMEAL BREAKFAST BARS - CREATE THE MOST ...
NO-BAKE OATMEAL RAISIN CHOCOLATE CHIPS BARS - RUNNING ON ...
OATMEAL RAISIN GRANOLA BARS RECIPE - EATINGWELL
OATMEAL RAISIN BARS - ERREN'S KITCHEN - RECIPES TO RELY ON
10 BEST HEALTHY OATMEAL RAISIN BARS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST OATMEAL RAISIN BREAKFAST BARS RECIPES | YUMMLY
OATMEAL-RAISIN BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY OATMEAL RAISIN BARS | CANADIAN GOODNESS
OATMEAL RAISIN BARS - NOW FOODS
OATMEAL RAISIN BARS - A BAKER'S HOUSE
VANISHING OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
OATMEAL RAISIN BARS (NO BAKE + PROTEIN PACKED!) - EAT THE ...
HEALTHY OATMEAL RAISIN BREAKFAST BARS - STUCK ON SWEET
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE BARS (SWEET, DESSERT, SNACK) - LIFE ...
HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER AND RAISIN OATMEAL BARS | A TASTE OF ...
CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN BARS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OATMEAL CRAISIN SNACK BARS RECIPE - THE REBEL CHICK
OATMEAL RAISIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
NO-BAKE OATMEAL RAISIN BARS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
OATMEAL BARS GLUTEN FREE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOFT OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE GRANOLA BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ...
OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIE LARABARS - CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE
15 CHEWY OATMEAL BAR RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VANISHING OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES BARS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
OATMEAL RAISIN BARS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #breakfast #lunch #snacks #easy #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are oatmeal raisin cookie bars?Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars are exactly like our favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, only in bar form. They are about 1 inch thick, sweet with brown sugar and raisins and deliciously satisfying! Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium-large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, whisk to combine.
How long does it take to make oatmeal raisin bars?These healthy oatmeal raisin breakfast bars are the perfect on the go breakfast. They take less than 30 minutes to make and last for several days in an airtight container. Grab them on your way out the door or in between getting kiddos ready for school.
What is the best way to make oatmeal bars?Very moist, filled bars. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch pan. Cook first six ingredients over low heat until well blended. Set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, oatmeal, baking soda, butter, flour and salt until crumbly.
Are oatmeal raisin granola bars healthy?Like my beloved breakfast cookies, these oatmeal raisin cookie granola bars are wholesome and healthy, dairy free, and made without butter and refined sugar. I really think you’ll love ’em too! That is, of course, if oatmeal raisin cookies rule your world too. Taste test this dreamy batter. Truuuust me. ↑ ↑ Each ingredient serves a purpose.