OLD-FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES (FROM ABOUT 1964)
- Combine sugars, syrup and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Cook to 230º-234º, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.
- Dip skewered apples, one at a time, twirling to coat smoothly.
- Immerse immediately into a bowl of ice water, lift out, let water drain off, place on waxed paper to set.
- Reheat caramel over hot water if needed while dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395.6, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 18.1, Sodium 105, Carbohydrate 87.9, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 72.6, Protein 4.3
THE BEST CARAMEL APPLES
When I was searching for a recipe to make homemade caramel apples for the very first time, a close friend gave me this amazing and fairly easy recipe. My family and friends loved these delicious treats! Sprinkle with nuts or whatever you desire while the caramel is still warm (work quickly, the caramel sets VERY fast).
Provided by onlyxception
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Dip apples in boiling water for a few seconds, then dry with paper towels to remove any wax from the peels. Set apples aside; when completely cool, insert a wooden chopstick firmly into the bottom of each apple for a handle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk together in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and reduce heat to medium. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees F (120 degrees C), 25 to 30 minutes; stir constantly to prevent burning. A teaspoon of the syrup, dropped in a glass of cold water, should form a firm ball. Remove caramel from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Working quickly, dip each apple into the hot caramel to completely coat the apple and about 1/2 inch of the wooden handle. Sprinkle apples with any desired toppings while still hot. Let caramel apples cool on the parchment paper. Use caution, caramel is very hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 799.1 calories, Carbohydrate 141.5 g, Cholesterol 77.7 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 268.7 mg, Sugar 113.2 g
More about "old fashioned caramel apples from about 1964 recipes"
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, milk, corn syrup, maple syrup, molasses and salt.
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES - SIMPLY SO GOOD
5/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 365 per serving
- Mix sugar, corn syrup 1 cup of the cream in a large bowl. Once the mixture is smooth and well combined pour into a large heavy sauce pan. Add the butter. Cook over medium/low heat until mixture begins to boil. Wash the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush, if sugar crystals are present. Stir constantly. When butter has melted and mixture has come to a rolling boil, slowly add remaining cream trying not to let the mixture stop boiling.
- Clip on a candy thermometer, turn heat to low. Stir constantly and cook until caramel reaches 234F. Drop a small amount of the hot caramel into a bowl of cold water. If you can pick up the caramel and form a soft ball the caramel is finished.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Gently stir. Let cool for 5-7 minutes. Carefully dip apples that have been washed and thoroughly dried. Place on a non-stick mat or a buttered baking sheet. Allow to cool.
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE BY CARAMEL APPLES
CARAMEL ICING RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES | RECIPE | CARAMEL APPLES, CARAMEL …
OLD-FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES - EVERYBODYCRAVES
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLE RECIPE - MONIN
HOW TO MAKE OLD-FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES - ALLRECIPES
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL ICING - CUPCAKE PROJECT
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL RECIPE FOR APPLES AND TOPPING
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES - PLAIN.RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES | EMERILS.COM
OLD FASHIONED KRAFT CARAMEL APPLES - TOTALLY THE BOMB.COM
BEST WESTERN FOOD RECIPES: OLD-FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES (FROM …
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL CREAM PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARAMEL APPLE OLD FASHIONED. | RECIPE | CARAMEL APPLES, HOW …
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OLD-FASHIONED CARAMEL-DIPPED APPLES - IHAVENET.COM
CARAMEL APPLE OLD FASHIONED RECIPE - HOW SWEET EATS
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED KRAFT CARAMEL APPLES | RECIPE | CARAMEL APPLES, …
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLE RECIPE RECIPES
CARAMEL APPLES - AHEAD OF THYME
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE OLD-FASHIONED RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CAKE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE – A WARM APPLE …
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES
OLD FASHIONED FRESH APPLE CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE RECIPE
67 CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
OLD-FASHIONED CARAMEL & APPLE SLICES - FULL GREEN LIFE
GOURMET HOMEMADE CARAMEL APPLES - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
CARAMEL APPLE OLD FASHIONED. | RECIPE | CARAMEL APPLES, APPLE …
OLD FASHIONED DOUBLE DIPPED CARAMEL APPLES - BLESSED BEYOND …
OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN CARAMEL CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
OLD FASHIONED DOUBLE DIPPED CARAMEL APPLES | RECIPE | CARAMEL …
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL PIE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES 🍏 FALL TREATS 🍏 CARAMEL APPLE RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLE RECIPE - TAWSILL.COM
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE! VINTAGE RECIPE FROM …
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL CUPCAKES RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED CARAMEL APPLES | RECIPE | CARAMEL APPLES, APPLE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make old fashioned Kraft caramel apple?How To Make Old Fashioned Kraft Caramel Apples: Combine caramels, vanilla and water in a saucepan and cook over low heat stirring constantly until caramels melt. Insert craft sticks into clean & dry apples and dip apples into caramel mixture. Place caramel apples into buttered wax paper surface and refrigerate until set.
What is the best caramel apple recipe?Simple, yet delicious good-old-fashioned caramel apples. Wash and dry apples and insert a wooden stick into each apple. In a large heavy saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a low boil (approx. 10 - 12 minutes). Remove mixture from the heat; stir in vanilla.
How to reheat caramel dipped apples?Refrigerate the apples for 1 to 2 hours. In order to double-dip the apples, reheat the remaining caramel sauce and repeat the dipping process again. While the caramel is still hot, roll the apples in chopped nuts , candy sprinkles, crushed cookies or graham crackers, miniature marshmallows, shredded coconut, and more.
What goes well with Granny Smith apples?The sweet, buttery caramel is perfect with crisp, tart Granny Smith apples, and you can decorate them with as many crunchy, chewy, nutty or crispy toppings as you want! Love all things caramel? Be sure not to miss my Salted Caramel Apple Pie , Carmelitas (Oatmeal, Chocolate, Caramel Bars), and Homemade Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns!