This kid-friendly recipe is one of my favorites. A Swedish co-worker passed it on to me when we worked together in Iowa.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, green pepper, milk, mustard and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well; shape into six patties. , Spread cut sides of buns with butter; top each with a patty. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 14-17 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 755mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
OPEN-FACED CHEESEBURGERS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their liquid and start to brown, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a bowl (reserve skillet).
- Add onion and remaining tablespoon oil to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to brown, 5 to 7 minutes (if bottom of skillet becomes too dry, add a little water and scrape up browned bits). Return mushrooms to skillet; stir in vinegar and set aside.
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Gently form meat into 4 3/4-inch-thick patties; season with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and broil 3 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet; top burgers with tomato and cheese slices. Broil until cheese is melted and burgers are medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve burgers on toasted bread, with sauteed mushrooms and onion alongside.
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
This is a unique open-face burger topped with Swiss cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and sour cream. Great with French fries.
Provided by Jessica
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place hamburger patties in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning, until cooked through.
- In a separate skillet, cook onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, stirring until tender.
- Place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on top of each hamburger patty. Place hamburgers on top of bread. Top burgers with vegetables, then add a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 463.9 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Cholesterol 98.1 mg, Fat 29.5 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 256.3 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
OPEN-FACE CHICKEN PARMESAN BURGERS
We love chicken Parmesan and thought, "Why not make it a burger?" I like to use fresh mozzarella on these. I've also made the patties with ground turkey. -Charlotte Gehle, Brownstown, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick oval patties., Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top burgers with 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and cheese. Cover and grill 30-60 seconds longer or until cheese is melted., Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 30-60 seconds on each side or until toasted. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Serve burgers on toasted bread. Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to an airtight freezer container; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 93mg cholesterol, Sodium 784mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
OPEN-FACED BURGERS WITH ONION-MUSHROOM TOPPING
- Preheat grill.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add mushrooms and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add vinegar, remove mixture from pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine the paprika and the next 4 ingredients (paprika through black pepper).
- Divide the ground meat into 4 equal portion, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Coat patties with spice mixture.
- Grill patties 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place burger patties on muffin halves, and top each burger with 1/4 cup onion mixture.
More about "open face swiss burger recipes"
OPEN-FACED SWISS BURGER WITH FLOWER SALAD - TASTE …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SMASHED A.1. SWISS BURGER RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
10 BEST OPEN FACE SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST MUSHROOM SWISS BURGER RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
10 BEST OPEN FACED BURGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
OPEN FACE BURGER RECIPE - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
OPEN-FACED PIZZA BURGERS | KITCHN
GET BEST OPEN FACESWISSBURGER RECIPES ONLINE MYFUD.IN
OPEN FACE BURGER IDEAS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
OPEN FACE BURGER RECIPE - MOST DELICIOUS BURGER IN THE WORLD
HARDEE'S MUSHROOM SWISS THICK BURGER COPYCAT RECIPE
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
OPEN-FACED TURKEY BURGER MELTS WITH SWISS CHEESE | POULTRY …
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER - REVIEW BY …
BEST HAMBURGER RECIPE: OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
OPEN-FACED ROASTED PEPPER SWISS VENISON BURGERS - THE SPORTING …
USEFUL ARTICLES ARCHIVE: BURGERS: OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
MUSHROOM SWISS BURGER (EASY, TASTY, AMAZINGLY HEARTY BURGERS!)
THE BEST RECIPES: OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
BEST COOKING BREADS RECIPES: OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER RECIPE BY RIZWANA | GET BEST RECIPES …
OPEN-FACED HAM AND SWISS SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER | RECIPE | BURGER, RECIPES, COOKING ON THE …
SWISS MUSHROOM BURGERS | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | SWISS CHEESE …
ALL RECIPES FOR YOU: BURGERS: OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
FOOD RECIPES - ALL NEW [2013-2014]: BURGERS: OPEN-FACE SWISS …
OPEN-FACED BURGERS WITH ONION-MUSHROOM TOPPING RECIPE
OPEN FACE HAMBURGER - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
RECIPES/OPEN-FACE-SWISS-BURGER.JSON AT MASTER · …
CHEESE -- OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER
OPEN FACED BURGER RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER | RECIPE | COOKING ON THE GRILL, BURGER, …
SWISS BURGERS RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
OPEN-FACE MUSHROOM SWISS BURGERS WITH GRILLED ONIONS
OPEN FACED PIZZA BURGER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
OPEN-FACE SWISS BURGER - HAMBURGER RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are open-face burgers?These open-face burgers resemble homemade sloppy joes but taste more like your traditional cheeseburger recipe! They’re perfect for a quick dinner recipe using ground beef and even better because you can make your meat ahead of time and freeze it!
How do you cook hamburgers in a broiler?On a baking sheet, lay your hamburger buns cut side up. Then spoon your hamburger mixture evenly over all 8 bun halves. Top each with about 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese grated. Put in the broiler until cheese melts.
How do you cook ground beef in a skillet?Start by heating up a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 pound of ground beef and 2 tablespoons of chopped yellow onion. Cook, occasionally stirring, until the meat is no longer pink. Then add the following ingredients to your ground beef mixture: Mix it all together well and cook for about 5 minutes or until it’s slightly thickened.
How to thicken hamburger buns with cornstarch?The cornstarch will help it thicken up, so it isn’t all runny when you try to add it to your hamburger buns. Then add about 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to your meat mixture and stir until it’s melted. Remove from heat and set aside for a couple of minutes. Take 4 hamburger buns and split them in half.