ORANGE CHIFFON PIE
My children always tell me I'm the only mom who bakes every day. The other kids at school always want to know what's in my kids' lunch.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a saucepan, combine the gelatin, sugar and salt. Add milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add juices and zest. Chill until partially set. , Fold in whipped cream and chill until mixture mounds. Spoon into pie shell; chill thoroughly. Garnish with orange slices and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
NO-BAKE ORANGE CHIFFON PIE
You'll be greeted with smiles when you put Tina Dierking's no-bake dessert on your menu. "This pie is wonderfully refreshing in the summer," says the Showhegan, Maine reader. "It's an old recipe that stands the test of time."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin powder and sugar in water. Add orange juice and zest. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened but not set. , Beat on high speed for 3 minutes or until foamy and thickened. Fold in whipped topping until completely combined. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 7g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 119mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ORANGE CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - (3/5)
Provided by HeatherS
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and margarine; mix well. Press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling. In small saucepan, combine gelatin and 1/4 cup of the orange juice concentrate; let stand 5 minutes. Dissolve gelatin over low heat Place gelatin mixture and remaining orange juice concentrate in blender container; cover and blend at low speed 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar and egg yolks; cover and blend at high speed 2 minutes. Refrigerate until mixture is thickened but not set, about 15 to 20 minutes. In large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold chilled orange mixture gently into egg whites. Pour into prepared crust Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and orange slices.
TANGERINE CHIFFON PIE
At once luscious and airy, indulgent and light, this pretty pie is a delicious study in contrasts. The crisp, buttery shortbread crust is topped with an ethereal chiffon; a mousselike filling with citrus flavor that's surprisingly bright given the pie's pale-sunshine color.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it has reduced to about 1 cup, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Pulse cookies, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until thoroughly combined. With processor running, add melted butter; process until combined. Press cookie mixture evenly into bottom, up sides, and onto rim of a 10-inch pie plate. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Put lemon juice into a small bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin. Let soften 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, the juice reduction, and the remaining 2 teaspoons zest in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes (do not let boil). Remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture, and whisk until gelatin has dissolved completely.
- Transfer gelatin-egg yolk mixture to a large bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cool and thick enough to hold a ribbon on surface, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Put egg whites and cream of tartar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar; beat until stiff but not dry peaks form. Fold egg-white mixture into gelatin-egg yolk mixture in 3 batches, folding until just combined after each addition. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
ORANGE LEMON CHIFFON PIE
A wonderfully creamy and zesty pie! One of my favorites. From better homes and gardens. Cook time doesn't include time needed for chilling.
Provided by Kaarin
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan combine the gelatin, sugar and salt. Stir in the milk and egg yolks.
- Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the grated peel and juices. Chill till partially set. Fold in whipped cream and put in pie shell. Chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.1, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 114.8, Sodium 201.9, Carbohydrate 38.1, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 27.9, Protein 3.9
ORANGE CHIFFON PIE
- In medium saucepan, stir together first addition of sugar (1/2 cup), gelatin, lemon juice and orange peel. Stir in orange juice and egg yolks until blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon, 30 to 45 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar at high speed until foamy. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved* and whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks. Gently, but thoroughly, fold whipped cream along with chilled egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Pile mixture into prepared pie shell. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
MANDARIN ORANGE CHIFFON PIE
This came from a community newspaper. The majority of the filling is made in a blender, so it comes together fast. It's light and refreshing. To make it even easier, you can use a pre-made graham crust - 9". NOTE: Cooking time does not include chilling time.
Provided by Sweet PQ
Yield 1 pie, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix coconut and butter in a bowl. Press into bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate. Bake @ 300* for 20-25 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cool.
- Put jelly powder and sugar in blender. Add the boiling water, cover & blend until dissolved.
- Add orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and orange rind; cover & blend.
- Break up the ice cream and add. Cover and blend until smoothly combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill until mixture mounds from spoon.
- Fold in orange segments and turn into prepared pie shell. Chill until firm. Serve garnished with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446.1, Fat 26.3, SaturatedFat 18.4, Cholesterol 62.6, Sodium 196.4, Carbohydrate 51.9, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 46.7, Protein 4.8
More about "orange chiffon pie recipes"
ORANGE PIE - SPICED ORANGE CHIFFON PIE RECIPE WITH A ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 273 per serving
- Make a double boiler by setting a metal mixing bowl over a saucepan of water on medium-low heat.
NO BAKE CREAMSICLE CHIFFON PIE ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
4.4/5 (16)Total Time 2 hrs 6 minsCategory DessertCalories 363 per serving
- Mix together water and jello in a large mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Whisk until gelatin dissolves.
- Reserve 6 orange segments. Chop the remaining oranges into bite-sized pieces. Fold the chopped oranges into pie filling.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust and refrigerate until set, about 1-2 hours. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
ORANGE DREAMSICLE CHIFFON PIE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
Reviews 5Calories 311 per servingCategory Desserts
CHIFFON: ORANGE AND LEMON PIE | ANALIDA'S ETHNIC SPOON
5/5 (13)Total Time 4 hrs 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 213 per serving
- Place pie crust into an 9" pie pan. Crimp the edges to create a decorative effect. Dock (poke) the dough all over with a fork. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
NO BAKE MANDARIN CHIFFON PIE - IT IS A KEEPER
5/5 (2)Total Time 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 276 per serving
ORANGE CHIFFON PIE | EASY DESSERT
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
BLOOD ORANGE CHIFFON PIE WITH CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CRANBERRY CHIFFON PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
ORANGE CHIFFON PIE RECIPE
NO BAKE ORANGE PIE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
ORANGE CHIFFON PIE | FREE HEALTHY RECIPE, COOKING, FOOD
ORANGE CHIFFON PIE | HEALTHY FREE RECIPE, COOKING, FOOD
CHIFFON PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ORANGE-PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | COOKING BLOG
ORANGE CHIFFON CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
ORANGE CHIFFON PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ORANGE CHIFFON JELLO - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CRANBERRY CHIFFON PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING - MASTERCOOK
NO-BAKE ORANGE CHIFFON PIE RECIPE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a chiffon pie filling?This pie uses a classic, text book chiffon pie filling technique that is so light and luscious! Here are the key elements in a chiffon filling: The filling is created by adding gelatin to a stirred custard or fruit purée. Whipped egg whites are then folded into the gelatin mixture. The filling is placed in a pre-baked crust and chilled until firm.
What is orange and lemon pie?Orange and lemon pie is made with both the juice and the rind of lemons and oranges. The rinds add a lot of visual interest to this dessert. The result is a sweet and tart combination of flavors, all baked inside a delicious, melt in your mouth flaky pastry.
What is the recipe for Orange and cream of tartar?Make a well in center. Put egg yolks, cooking oil, orange juice, orange rind, and vanilla into well. Set aside. Don't beat yet. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixing bowl until very stiff.
What kind of PIE do you make for Christmas?Light, fluffy lemon chiffon pie. This recipe is also good using lime juice. Garnish each slice with sweetened whipped cream. This is a delicious, yet not-too-filling pie. It does remind you of a blanket of snow on Christmas morning. A pie for the microwave.