ORANGE-CRANBERRY RYE AND BARLEY PILAF
Looking for a delicious side dish recipe? Then check out this berry laced barley pilaf that can be easily made in a slow cooker.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place all ingredients except cranberries and orange peel in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until rye berries are chewy but tender.
- Stir in cranberries and orange peel just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 380 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 0 g
ALMOND CRANBERRY RICE PILAF
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring constantly, until golden and nutty smelling, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and reserve.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the saucepan and add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cranberries and cook, stirring, until well coated, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste, and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 18 minutes. Take off the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in half of the reserved almonds and the parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the remaining toasted almonds.
CRANBERRY WILD RICE PILAF
This tender side dish is perfect for the holidays or any time you want to add a special touch. Dried cranberries, currants and almonds serve up color and texture. My co-workers all make this rice pilaf for their families. -Pat Gardetta, Osage Beach, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a saucepan, combine wild rice and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in barley, currants and butter. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. , Bake, covered, until wild rice and barley are tender, 50-60 minutes. Stir in almonds and cranberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 382mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges
CRANBERRY BARLEY PILAF
Pilaf is a dish in which rice is cooked in a seasoned broth, often containing a variety of meat, vegetable and of course, spices.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in a large, deep, non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot, onion, garlic, sage, thyme and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes or until softened and fragrant. Stir in the barley and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined.
- Pour in the broth and water; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes; stir in the cranberries. Continue to cook for 25 minutes or until all of the fluid is absorbed. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest. Drizzle with lemon juice and fluff with a fork just before serving.
- Tip: Convert this side dish into a main course to serve 4 by adding 2 cups (500 mL) of chopped, cooked chicken during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267 calories, Carbohydrate 49.3 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 10.4 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 117.2 mg, Sugar 9.8 g
EASY ORANGE CRANBERRY GLAZE
A good, easy, yummy glaze that can be used on chicken or turkey. I came up with this a few years ago for Thanksgiving, to change up the old boring turkey. Everyone loved it. There was no left-over turkey that year.
Provided by Heather
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix together the orange juice, brown sugar, and cranberry sauce in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, drop in the cinnamon stick, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cranberry sauce is melted and the glaze is hot and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- To use: brush the glaze all over a roasted turkey during the last 45 minutes of cooking. Return the turkey to the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes to set the glaze. Repeat several more times before the end of cooking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 6.5 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
CRANBERRY RICE PILAF
This deliciously different pilaf gets its festive color from tart cranberries, while brown rice provides wholesome flavor. It's excellent alongside poultry.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Stir in the rice, cranberries and butter. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 269mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BARLEY, WILD RICE, AND CRANBERRY PILAF
A great side dish - the flavors go well with Thanksgiving dinner. The recipe says serve at room temp, but we re-heated it and served it warm. Everyone really liked it.
Provided by SweetChef
Yield 6 large servings., 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In medium saucepan with lid, boil water, add barley, wild rice and salt. Return to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 40 min or until barley is tender.
- While barley and rice is cooking, pour orange juice over cranberries and set aside.
- Drain any excess liquid from cooked barley and rice mixture. Place rice and barley in large bowl.
- Drain cranberries, reserving liquid.
- Toss cranberries with barley and rice.
- Mix 5 tbsp orange juice with lemon juice and onion. Whisk in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over barley mixture.
- Add chopped parsley and walnuts. Mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371.6, Fat 25.2, SaturatedFat 2.9, Sodium 202.8, Carbohydrate 33.4, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 5, Protein 6.9
CRANBERRY ORANGE LOAF
A great loaf to make, I have made this recipe alot, and have used raisins, raspberries ( it's really good with the raspberries) and it sure make's your kitchen smell nice.
Provided by Anna P.
Yield 1 Loaf, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Grate rind from orange, squeeze juice into liquid measure, add enough water to make 3/4 cup.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange rind; stir in cranberries.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg, butter and orange juice; stir into flour mixture just until blended.
- Spread in greased 9x5 Loaf pan.
- Bake in centre of 350F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- (Make-ahead, store at room temperature for up to 2 days or over-wrap with heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.1, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 20.8, Sodium 171.3, Carbohydrate 26.2, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 13.6, Protein 2.1
More about "orange cranberry rye and barley pilaf recipes"
CRANBERRY ORANGE BARLEY BARS • THE INCREDIBLE BULKS
5/5 (2)Category Breakfast, SnackCuisine AmericanCalories 243 per serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, oil and honey together. Stir in the salt, oats, cooked barley, 1 cup of flour, and orange zest.
CRANBERRY BARLEY PILAF - BECEL.CA
Servings 6Category Side
RYE AND LENTIL PILAF - BIGOVEN
BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORANGE CRANBERRY BREAD (WITH BAKING VIDEO) - A GOOD LIFE FARM
BARLEY, WILD RICE, AND CRANBERRY PILAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EASY ONE BOWL CRANBERRY ORANGE LOAF - SEASONS AND …
ORANGE-CRANBERRY RICE PILAF | COOK'S COUNTRY - QUICK RECIPES
ALMOND-CRANBERRY-ORANGE RICE PILAF - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
CRANBERRY-ORANGE RICE PILAF - ONE SWEET MESS
CRANBERRY ORANGE RICE PILAF - NIELSEN-MASSEY VANILLAS
BARLEY, WILD RICE BLEND AND CRANBERRY PILAF – OLIVE THAT!
CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD (WITH GLAZE) | BERLY'S KITCHEN
RECIPE: BARLEY, CRANBERRY PILAF WITH ROSEMARY AND ORANGE
EAT WELL, DRINK WELL: VEGAN BARLEY, WILD RICE AND CRANBERRY PILAF
RICE AND BARLEY PILAF - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRANBERRY BARLEY PILAF PRINTER FRIENDLY RECIPE
CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD RECIPE (DRIED CRANBERRIES) - DINNER, THEN …
CRANBERRY APPLE PECAN BARLEY PILAF
CRANBERRY BREAD WITH ORANGE GLAZE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ORANGE BARLEY PILAF | BARLEY
WRAP OF THE DAY RECIPE BARLEY WILD RICE AND CRANBERRY PILAF
BARLEY PILAF RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
CRANBERRY RICE PILAF - A FAMILY FEAST®
BARLEY, WILD RICE, AND CRANBERRY PILAF | RECIPES, PILAF RECIPES, WILD …
CRANBERRY RICE PILAF | READY SET EAT
BARLEY, WILD RICE AND CRANBERRY PILAF - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
ORANGE CRANBERRY ALMOND RICE PILAF - OH SWEET BASIL
VEGAN BARLEY, WILD RICE, AND CRANBERRY PILAF | LOFSTI | COPY ME THAT
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CRANBERRY BARLEY PILAF » CHICKEN …
RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
RECIPETHING - ORANGE, RICE, AND BARLEY PILAF
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is rice pilaf with cranberries?Pilaf refers to how the rice is cooked. Traditionally Pilaf is made by cooking the rice with broth, spices, and other add-ins such as meat or veggies. Whereas just plain rice you cook with water. So this is a Rice Pilaf with Cranberries.
How to cook cranberry rice?Add the water and cover. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook covered for 10 minutes until the rice is tender. Take off the heat, remove the bay leaf from the rice and fluff the rice a bit. Gently stir in the cranberries and parsley into the rice, serve immediately.
What is barley pilaf?This barley pilaf is no exception. Not only does it introduce a nutritious grain into your diet, but the high-protein, high-fiber barley makes a delicious baked pilaf that is flavorful, tender and pairs wonderfully with many dishes, not the least of which I’ll be sharing later this week (think: broiled parmesan and lemon chicken – yum!).
Do you love cranberries?I LOVE cranberries. Anything cranberry flavored or has cranberries in it, it could probably be assumed I love it. Dried or fresh I think they have such a unique flavor that adds so much to any dish. So when I was playing around with different pilaf recipes this past summer to pair with grilled chicken I felt like I hit a huge winner with this dish.