ORANGE-GLAZED PORK CHOPS
"This recipe from my niece is not only a snap to prepare, it's delicious, too," says field editor Nila Towler of Baird, Texas. A sweet orange glaze perks up these tender pork chops, and there's plenty of sauce to flavor the accompanying rice as well.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil on both sides. Combine brown sugar and orange juice concentrate; pour over the chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. Serve pork and sauce over rice.
Nutrition Facts :
ORANGE-SAGE PORK CHOPS
- Season chops with salt and cracked black pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chops, turning once, until done, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice from orange. Remove chops to serving platter and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add orange juice and bring to a boil, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Boil 1 minute or until mixture reduces slightly. Remove from heat and stir in sage and orange peel. Drizzle over chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182.3 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Cholesterol 45.1 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 18.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 216.4 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook pork chops until evenly brown on both sides; remove from skillet. Pour in orange juice, soy sauce and sugar. Boil for 2 minutes, scraping the bottom of pan. In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch, and stir into sauce. Return pork to skillet and cook briefly until thickened and heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 902.4 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
SQUIRT-OF-ORANGE PORK CHOPS
A splash of juice and an orange marmalade brush-on gives these garlicky chops a burst of flavor. For an extra-special treat, use blood oranges in place of the regular ones.
Provided by Crafty Lady 13
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut orange in half. Cut one half of the orange into 4 wedges; set wedges aside. Squeeze juice from remaining orange half. Remove 1 Tablespoon of the juice and brush on both sides of each chop. Sprinkle chops with garlic-pepper seasoning and salt. In a small bowl combine remaining orange juice, orange marmalade, and the chopped rosemary; set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Place chops on unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and cook for an addition 5 to 6 minutes, brushing with orange marmalade mixture for the last 2 to 3 minutes of broiling. Chops are done when pork juices run clear or a meat thermometer inserted into center of chop registers 160 degrees.
- Serve orange wedges with chops. If desired, garnish with rosemary sprig. If desired, squeeze juice from orange wedges over chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71.3, Fat 0.1, Sodium 156.6, Carbohydrate 18.7, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 16.3, Protein 0.5
ORANGE CHUTNEY OVER PORK CHOPS
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange zest and slices, sugar, dried cherries, shallot, salt, and 2 tablespoons water; bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until oranges collapse and liquid is syrupy, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in red-wine vinegar.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Sear in a pan until opaque throughout, and top with orange chutney.
ORANGE PORK CHOPS
- In greased skillet, over high heat, cook pork chops until well browned on both sides.
- Add next 3 ingredients and 1 tsp salt; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer about 35 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare orange sauce: grate 1 T.
- peel from stem end of orange; then from other end, cut 4 thin slices; set aside.
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, cook orange peel, orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves and salt until thickened, stirring.
- Add orange slices; cover; remove from heat and keep warm.
- To serve, top pork chops with orange sauce.
- Use orange slices as a garnish.
ORANGE PORK CHOPS
I'm constantly on the lookout for ways to "spice up" a standard dish. When I fixed these pork chops for the first time, my husband-who has a hearty appetite for down-home cooking-commented, "You can make this anytime!" We have a 5-month-old son, and he's already showing signs he'll take after his dad in the eating department. Our daughters, 6 and 8 , help me with the cooking. So it's a good thing that I have a large recipe collection!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Add water, paprika, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 35 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, grate peel from the stem end of the orange, then cut six slices from the other end. Set aside. In a saucepan over medium-high, combine 1 tablespoon peel, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves and remaining salt. Stir in juice. Cook and stir until thickened. Add orange slices, cover and remove from the heat. To serve, top chops with sauce and orange slices.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "orange pork chops recipes"
ORANGE BAKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsServings 6Calories 306 per serving
ORANGE GLAZED PORK CHOPS - NOBLE PIG
Ratings 10Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
5-INGREDIENT ORANGE GLAZED PORK CHOPS | FLORIDA ORANGE JUICE
Category EntreeCalories 458 per servingEstimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST ORANGE MARMALADE PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORANGE-SAGE PORK CHOPS - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (3)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Season pork chops with 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Melt 2 Tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook, turning once until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side (USDA lists that pork chops should reach 145 degrees in center of thickest part with a resting period of 3 minutes before serving as safe). Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let rest at least 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1 Tbsp broth with cornstarch. Mix in remaining 3 Tbsp broth, orange juice, lemon juice and honey.
- After removing pork chops from skillet, reduce skillet temperature to medium. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a same skillet.
PORK CHOPS WITH ORANGE-SOY SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4/5 (6)Calories 162 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine orange juice, soy sauce, garlic and thyme in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet, preferably cast-iron, over high heat. Add the pork chops and sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake the chops until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chops to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the reserved orange juice mixture to the pan (take care, the handle will still be hot); cook over high heat until the sauce is reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes. Return the chops to the skillet; heat through, turning to coat. Serve with the pan sauce.
ORANGE-MUSTARD GLAZED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (35)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 303 per serving
- Combine juice, marmalade, and mustard in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn pork; add rosemary and onion to pan. Pour juice mixture over pork; bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 140°. Place onion and rosemary on a platter. Return pan to medium-high heat; add lime juice. Cook 4 minutes or until liquid is syrupy. Add pork to platter; drizzle with sauce.
ORANGELICIOUS SLOW COOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
5/5 Total Time 4 hrs 30 minsCategory Slow CookedCalories 424 per serving
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the pork chops. Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until crisp and browned. Remove the chops from heat and set aside.
- Stir to mix and add the pork chops, turning to coat each side with sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours, until tender.
QUICK AND EASY ORANGE PORK CHOP STIR-FRY RECIPE
3.4/5 (31)Total Time 37 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 505 per serving
ORANGE-GLAZED PORK CHOPS | RICARDO
5/5 (39)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 30 mins
ORANGE GLAZED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 589Saturated Fat 9g 45%Cholesterol 134mg 45%Total Fat 30g 38%
EASY ORANGE PORK CHOPS - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine ChineseCategory Main
HONEY, MUSTARD AND ORANGE PORK CHOPS | DINNER RECIPES ...
4/5 (115)Category DinnerServings 4Total Time 20 mins
ORANGE PORK CHOPS | RECIPELION.COM
Category PorkEstimated Reading Time 1 min
ORANGE PORK CHOPS RECIPE | OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC
Cuisine MeatCategory Main DishServings 4
ORANGE-GLAZED PORK CHOPS | CANADIAN LIVING
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH ORANGE SAUCE - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
PORK CHOPS IN ORANGE SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SAUCY PORK CHOPS WITH ORANGE SLICES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH ORANGE SAUCE RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #fruit #pork #stove-top #dietary #citrus #oranges #meat #pork-chops #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pork chops with orange juice?In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil on both sides. Combine brown sugar and orange juice concentrate; pour over the chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until the meat juices run clear.
How to make orange mustard glazed pork chops?Marmalade provides pectin to give the glaze syrupy body and balances the sweet orange juice with a touch of pleasant bitterness. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine juice, marmalade, and mustard in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until syrupy. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
What's the best way to cook pork chops?Directions. Cook pork chops until evenly brown on both sides; remove from skillet. Pour in orange juice, soy sauce and sugar. Boil for 2 minutes, scraping the bottom of pan. In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch, and stir into sauce. Return pork to skillet and cook briefly until thickened and heated through.
How long do you cook pork chops in olive oil?Season both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dust lightly on both sides with flour. In a large heavy skillet or saute pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the pork chops to the hot oil and cook for about three to four minutes on each side or until browned.