ORZO PILAF WITH MUSHROOMS
Just a few ingredients produce fantastic flavors for an easy meal any hectic night. Served with Spicy Tomato Pork Chops, a complete dinner is on the table in 30 minutes. -Renee Zimmer, Gig Harbor, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add the broth, orzo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 600mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS
A very tasty and easy side dish. My husband likes this topped with a grating for parmesan cheese. Toasted walnuts are also a nice touch for presentation.
Provided by Ms B.
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion and mushrooms until tender and golden brown.
- Pour in broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- If after 15 minutes there is still liquid, remove cover, and cook until liquid is gone.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS AND WALNUTS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place walnuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they release their aroma. Stir once or twice for even toasting.
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and mushrooms until tender and golden brown.
- Pour in broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in orzo, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. If after 15 minutes there is still liquid, remove cover, and cook until liquid is gone. Remove from heat, and stir in walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, Carbohydrate 43.2 g, Cholesterol 2.5 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 485.5 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
CREAMY ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper on a baking sheet.
- Spread out in a single layer. Roast, stirring halfway through, until well browned and crisp around the edges, about 25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then scrape up with a spatula and transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the leek and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until the leek softens, about 2 minutes. Add the orzo, 2 cups water, the milk, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is al dente, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese, spinach, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon parsley. Stir until the cheese melts and the spinach wilts; add a splash of water if the mixture is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the mushrooms with the lemon zest and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Divide the orzo among bowls and top with the mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710, Fat 28 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Cholesterol 48 milligrams, Sodium 984 milligrams, Carbohydrate 85 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 31 grams, Sugar 15 grams
After eating at an 'Italian' chain restaurant and loving this side dish, I went home and tried to recreate it. This is the recipe I finally came up with.
Provided by BABARCLAY
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt 1/2 the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, and cook until golden brown. Mix in orzo, mushrooms, and remaining butter. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until butter is melted and mushrooms are tender.
- Pour water and wine into the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, until orzo is al dente. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and parsley to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.4 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Fat 18.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 241.3 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
LUKE'S WILD MUSHROOM ORZO
Provided by Andrew Carmellini
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 18
- TO PREPARE THE MUSHROOM STOCK:
- 1. In a small pot, immerse the dried porcinis in 4 1/2 cups of water. Add the sprig of thyme whole.
- 2. Bring the mushroom mixture to a boil over high heat, then remove immediately from the stove and set aside for 5 minutes.
- TO PREPARE THE ORZO:
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepot. Add the onion and cook over medium heat until it takes on a light golden color, about 3 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent burning.
- 2. Add the mixed wild mushrooms and stir well to combine. Saut&ecute; on medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mushrooms are just starting to color. At this point, but not before, add the salt and pepper (if you do it earlier, before the mushrooms have opened up, the salt will pull out all the moisture). Mix well to combine and continue cooking for another 30 seconds, until the mushrooms have started to reduce and color.
- 3. Move the pan well away from the heat (so you don't catch fire) and add the vermouth. Stir to combine and then return to the heat for just a few seconds, until the vermouth and mushroom juices form a syrupy mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- 4. Remove the pan from the heat, add the orzo, and mix well, so the grains are all coated with the pan juices.
- 5. Remove the thyme sprig from the porcini mixture and discard. Pour the porcinis and liquid over the orzo.
- 6. Return the pan to medium-high heat and bring up to a low boil, stirring well to combine. Turn the heat down to low, and keep the mixture at a very lazy bubble for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The orzo is done when it's swelled up and become tender, but still has a bit of a bounce between the teeth. There should be just a little bit of syrupy liquid on the bottom, but the orzo mixture should be a bit wet. (If you cook it till the liquid is completely absorbed, you'll have a sticky mess.)
- TO FINISH THE DISH:
- 1. Remove the pot from the heat. Add the butter and mix in well; then add the Parmigiano-Reggiano and continue stirring. Add the parsley and thyme leaves and mix well, until the texture of the dish is softer and richer from the butter and cheese and all the ingredients are well combined. If you're using the truffle oil, add it and mix well so the oil is absorbed.
- 2. Serve as quickly as possible, topped with a little more of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
LEMON MUSHROOM ORZO
Sometimes I serve this side dish chilled and other times we enjoy it hot. It has a pleasant tinge of lemon and a nice crunch from pecans. -Shelly Nelson, Akeley, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and lightly browned. Drain orzo., In a large bowl, place orzo, mushroom mixture, pecans, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 202mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ORZO WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS
This a savory side dish that goes well with pork, chicken or lamb. My family enjoys the wonderful flavors of the onions and mushrooms combined with the creamy texture of the orzo. It's a variation of a recipe from Roy Finamore's "Tasty".
Provided by Acerast
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt the butter in a large skillet; add the chopped onions and mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook gently over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft (about 20-25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Once it comes to a full boil add the bouillon and orzo.
- Cook until the orzo is tender.
- Drain orzo and toss with the cooked onions and mushrooms.
- Taste and add additional seasoning if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 171.2, Carbohydrate 60.3, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 3.1, Protein 11.4
More about "orzo with mushrooms recipes"
MUSHROOM ORZO | RICARDO
5/5 (61)Total Time 22 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 385 per serving
30 MINUTE MUSHROOM ORZO RISOTTO - THE HUNGRY WAITRESS
MUSHROOM ORZO WITH LEMON & PARMESAN - FOOD RECIPES
MUSHROOM & FETA ORZO (READY IN 20 MINUTES) - PLAIN CHICKEN
ORZO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
DELICIOUS & EASY ORZO WITH MUSHROOM - THE SLOTTED SPOONS
ONE POT ORZO WITH SPINACH & MUSHROOMS - THE BAD WIFE
ONE-POT ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH RECIPE | SIDECHEF
EASY MUSHROOM ORZO RECIPE - EASY GOOD IDEAS
ONE-POT CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH ORZO | KITCHN
ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS - RECIPE
MUSHROOM ORZO RISOTTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY MUSHROOM SPINACH ORZO - DAMN DELICIOUS
ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS, SCALLIONS AND PARMESAN RECIPE - COOK.ME …
ORZO WITH WILD MUSHROOMS - CHEFDECUISINE.COM
VEGAN ORZO WITH MUSHROOM AND GREEN PEAS
15-MINUTE SALMON & CREAMY ORZO WITH SPINACH & MUSHROOMS …
ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS, SCALLIONS AND PARMESAN
CREAMY MUSHROOM ORZO (ONE POT) | DON'T GO BACON MY HEART
ONE POT ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS, BROWNED BUTTER, AND THYME
ORZO PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEAS - AMY LEARNS TO COOK
ONE POT CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM ORZO - DAMN DELICIOUS
ORZO WITH GARLICKY MUSHROOMS, PARMESAN, AND BASIL
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH ORZO (RISONI) (ONE POT)
ORZO WITH PECORINO AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MUSHROOM ORZO RISOTTO RECIPE - NO SPOON NECESSARY
ONE-POT ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH - K33 KITCHEN
CREAMY ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
CREAMY MUSHROOM ORZO WITH PESTO (ONE POT) - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
ORZO WITH MUSHROOM RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CREAMY STOVETOP MUSHROOM ORZO - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ONE-POT ORZO PASTA WITH GARLIC, PARMESAN, AND MUSHROOMS
BALSAMIC ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
LEMON ORZO WITH ASPARAGUS & MUSHROOMS (VEGAN) - OUR SALTY …
25 MINUTE CREAMY ORZO MUSHROOM PASTA IN ASIAGO THYME SAUCE
CREAMY PARMESAN MUSHROOM ORZO WITH GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS
MUSHROOM ORZO WITH LEMON & PARMESAN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM ORZO RECIPE - OWENS SAUSAGE
CREAMY ORZO WITH MUSHROOMS AND PARMESAN - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #pasta #vegetables #easy #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #mushrooms #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #onions #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook orzo pasta with mushrooms?In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add the broth, orzo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender.
What is the best way to cook orzo?Mushroom Orzo is a simple pasta dish all about fresh mushrooms. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and mushrooms until they soften and brown (4-6 minutes). Pour broth in the skillet and bring to a boil. Add Orzo cover the skillet and turn heat to low. Simmer until liquid is absorbed and Orzo is cooked through.
What is mushroom orzo risotto?Mushroom Orzo Risotto. Tiny, rice-shaped orzo absorbs liquid and flavor much like rice, but unlike traditional risotto, this recipe doesn’t need to be stirred obsessively for a perfectly al dente, creamy result. How to Make It. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch frying pan over high heat.
How long do you boil orzo for pasta?Add the broth, orzo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley.