COPYCAT PANERA® BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. There are tons of variations and options to make this soup your own. You can add extra veggies, different cheeses, garlic to your onions, a little nutmeg to the finished soup, green onions, sour cream, etc. The list goes on and on. Make it your own! Serve topped with cheese!
Provided by gildawen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk 1/4 cup melted butter and flour together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue to whisk and cook , adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if necessary to keep the flour from burning, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually pour milk into flour mixture while whisking constantly. Stir chicken stock into milk mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, sauteed onion, and celery; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.4 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 70.5 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 624 mg, Sugar 5 g
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until you see a noticeable golden brown color in your pan.
- Slowly add in the chicken stock and whisk again to combine. Simmer contents covered (stirring occasionally) for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and the sauteed onions, into the pot. Stir, add the milk and half & half. Cook covered over low heat 20-25 minutes but do not bring to a boil. This may cause the milk to curdle.
- Add salt, pepper & nutmeg. Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however it isn't a requirement. Continue to cook the soup on low heat and slowly add the grated cheese a handful at a time and stir to avoid clumps. Once all the cheese has been added is melted, remove from heat, and serve immediately. Suggestion: serve with crusty bread or in a breadbowl.
- Refrigerate leftovers after they have cooled and store in a airtight container up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 702.6, Fat 53, SaturatedFat 32.5, Cholesterol 158.3, Sodium 803.7, Carbohydrate 31.3, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 11.7, Protein 27.6
PANERA BREAD BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
I made this for dinner tonight and it was so delicious. Creamy and not too thick, and tons of flavor. Recipe from Key Ingredient.
Provided by Barenakedchef
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Saute onion in butter. Set aside. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half (this is called making a roux). Add the chicken stock whisking all the time. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper. The soup should be thickened by now. Pour in batches into blender and puree. Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended. Stir in the nutmeg and serve.
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and onions. Cook for about a minute, then slowly add the half-and-half, about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking until thickened and smooth. When all of the half-and-half is incorporated, add the broccoli and processed cheese. When the cheese is completely melted, add the chicken broth 1 cup at a time, stirring occasionally, until soup is well mixed and has a consistent texture. Add the carrots and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir in the cheddar cheese and cook for 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve when all the cheese is fully melted and blended through. Read more at http://www.copykat.com/2011/05/12/panera-broccoli-cheese-soup
More about "panera broccoli cheese soup recipes"
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP ~ PANERA BREAD COPYCAT ~ A GOUDA …
5/5 (4)Servings 5Cuisine AmericanCategory Soup
- Add the butter to a soup pot and once it melts, drop in the onions, celery and carrots then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 2-4 minutes or until the onions are soft then sprinkle the flour over the top. Stir to blend and cook one minute.
- Whisk in the chicken stock then add the half and half and broccoli. Cover and cook over low heat 15-18 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn the heat to low then blend in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. I start with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (add more to your own taste).
SLOW COOKER PANERA BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - 365 DAYS OF ...
4.3/5 (13)Category SoupServings 6.5Total Time 5 hrs 30 mins
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Once the butter is melted stir in the diced onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add the onion to the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker to high. In the microwave or on the stovetop melt the 1/4 cup butter. Slowly whisk in the 1/4 cup flour until a creamy mixture forms. Stir one cup of the broth from the soup into the flour/butter mixture. Whisk until smooth. Then whisk the entire mixture into the slow cooker. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Stir in the milk, cheddar and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for another 60 minutes.
COPYCAT PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
Ratings 7Calories 501 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add onions and cook until lightly golden brown on the edges and the onions are translucent about 4-5 minutes.
- Make a roux by stirring in the flour. Continue to stir and cook the flour mixture until the roux turns the color of peanut butter. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Grab a whisk and slowly pour in the chicken broth and half and half while whisking constantly. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring the soup to a slow bubble. Once bubbling, reduce the heat to simmer.
PANERA'S BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - THE GIRL WHO ATE …
4.5/5 Calories 413 per serving
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter and sautee the onions in it until soft. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and carrots. Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
- Add salt and pepper. You can leave the soup chunky or blend about 1 cup of the soup and stir it in for a smoother soup (that's what I do). Return to low heat and add the cheese. If your heat is too high your soup can get grainy. Stir in the nutmeg if desired.
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP: COPYCAT PANERA RECIPE - ORGANIZE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsServings 8Calories 253 per serving
- In a 6 - 8qt soup pot sauté the onions, garlic, and carrots in olive oil until the onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 flour and 1 cup chicken stock. Pour mixture into the pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the liquid thickens a little bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the chicken stock, coconut milk, cream cheese, and broccoli. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until the broccoli and carrots are soft and the cream cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. It's okay if there are specks of cream cheese during this step. That will be gone after the soup is blended.
THE BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (18)Calories 311 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
- Sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon melted butter and set aside. In a large pot whisk together the melted butter and flour over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. Let them simmer on medium low for about 25 minutes until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and sharp cheddar cheese. Let the cheese melt and then serve. For a smoother soup puree it in a [url:2]blender[/url]... but I love the chunks!
PANERA COPYCAT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - THE FRESH COOKY
4.4/5 (31)Calories 621 per serving
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until caramelized (browned), remove from pot and reserve. About 5-7 minutes.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup of butter in the same saucepan, melt completely, whisk in flour, whisking constantly over medium heat until thickened and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Slowly, while whisking pour in half-and-half, will thicken up very quickly, keep adding until combined.
- Add chicken broth (start with 4 cups) and whisk well to combine, bring to simmer (it'll take 3-5 minutes, watch closely, it will rise up quickly). Add broccoli, carrots and reserved caramelized onions, cover, simmering about 15-20 minutes until tender. If too thick, add more broth, up to 2 cups.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove 1-2 cups of the chunky mixture and blend in blender or lightly blend directly in the pot using an immersion blender. Return to soup pot and stir to combine. This will yield a smoother, creamier soup, but it's not necessary. Return to low heat and adding shredded cheese, stirring until completely melted.
THE BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP (BETTER-THAN-PANERA …
5/5 (438)Calories 292 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP | 78RECIPES
Ratings 39Category SoupsServings 6Total Time 1 hr 18 mins
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
5/5 (2)Calories 430 per servingCategory Soups And Stews
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP – ALL RECIPES GUIDE
BROCCOLI-CHEESE SOUP (PANERA BREAD RECIPE) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr
- Using a wire whisk, combine 8 tbsp melted butter and the flour in a large pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes.
- Slowly add the half and half; continue stirring. Add the chicken broth, whisking all the time. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and sauteed onion. Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - PIONEER WOMAN ...
Cuisine FrenchCategory Appetizer RecipesServings 6Total Time 25 mins
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - MY FOOD DRINK
PIONEER WOMAN BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP – RECIPES IDEAS
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE PANERA COPYCAT - VIEW RECIPE ...
GLUTEN FREE BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP – PANERA BREAD COPYCAT ...
COPYCAT PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE • TODAY'S BEST ...
HOMEMADE PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP! - MY INCREDIBLE …
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - THEGOOD2READ.COM
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #soups-stews #eggs-dairy #easy #cheese #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to make Panera broccoli cheese soup?Slowly whisk in chicken broth and half-and-half. Let mixture simmer for 15–20 minutes, stirring often. Lower the heat to medium-low and add frozen chopped broccoli and carrots. Bring mixture back to a simmer and cook for 20–25 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in shredded cheddar cheese, until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How do you make Broccoli and Cheddar soup?Bring to a simmer; cook until flour taste is gone and mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, sauteed onion, and celery; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir Cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Is the broccoli cheese soup at Panera gluten free?Fresh broccoli, shredded carrots, in a flavorful, beautifully balanced, all-natural, creamy broth; with delicious, melted, gooey, sharp cheddar cheese. And it’s SO easily converted to be gluten free and/or vegetarian. I love a delicious soup just about any day, but copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese soup – YES!
What kind of soup do they have at Panera?Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup is comfort food at its best and tastes just like Panera. This soup is an easy dinner that hits the spot and quick enough for a weeknight. This broccoli cheese soup competes for the #1 soup recipe on this blog with this crockpot potato soup.