BAKED PANKO-CRUSTED FISH FILLETS
- Gather the ingredients. Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and then spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the fish fillets into 6-ounce portions.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a wide bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Put the flour in another wide, shallow bowl.
- In a third bowl, whisk the eggs or egg substitute with the Cajun seasoning and mayonnaise.
- Dip the fish fillets in the plain flour, coating each piece thoroughly.
- Dip the flour-coated fillets in the egg mixture and then coat them with the panko crumb mixture, pressing lightly to help the crumbs adhere to the fish. Repeat with the remaining fish.
- Arrange the crumb-coated fish on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 16 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. The time in the oven depends on thickness, so adjust for very thin or very thick fish fillets. Serve the baked fish fillets with the lemon wedges and tartar sauce or rémoulade sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 256 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 48 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 899 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 11 g, ServingSize 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH SERVED OVER KALE
After a tough strength-training session or long run, protein is necessary to help your body recover. Before your hunger overwhelms you that protein-packed meal needs to come together quickly. This fresh and delicious fish dinner takes less than 20 minutes from prep to plating, but the best part is one serving offers more than 36 grams of protein. Learn how to cook this perfect post-workout recipe
Provided by MamaCoop
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small dish, whisk melted Earth Balance, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt well. In a separate dish, make an even layer of panko breadcrumbs.
- Take one fish filet, and dip it in Earth Balance mixture. Flip the filet and dip again so both sides are covered.
- Press the skinless side of the filet into panko crumbs, then place the fish skin side down on prepared baking dish. Repeat with other filet, then sprinkle both with fresh parsley.
- Place baking dish into the oven and cook for 13 to 15 minutes.
- While that's cooking, start the salad. Lightly drizzle chopped.
- kale with extra-virgin olive oil, and massage kale with your hands. Keep massaging for one minute, and allow kale to sit for about three minutes.
- To make the dressing, mix Dijon, lemon juice, and 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add the dressing to kale and toss evenly.
- To serve, prepare a small bed of half the kale salad and place fish right on top. Enjoy immediately.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Season fish with essence.
- Salt and pepper.
- Put flour in shallow dish. Set aside.
- Add eggs to milk in bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place bread crumbs in 3rd shallow dish.
- Dredge each fillet in flour, shake off excess, coat in egg wash, press into crumbs coating evenly.
- Fry fish in hot oil until golden brown; about 2-3 minutes on first side and 1-2 minutes on second side.
BAKED HALIBUT WITH CRISPY PANKO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir panko bread crumbs and melted butter together in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Pour enough chicken stock into an oven-proof skillet to cover bottom; arrange halibut fillets in skillet. Drizzle lemon juice over fillets; season with salt and pepper. Spread a think layer of Dijon mustard over each fillet; press bread crumb mixture over mustard layer.
- Place skillet in the preheated oven and cook until fillets flake easily with a fork and topping is browned, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404 calories, Carbohydrate 20.7 g, Cholesterol 106.1 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Protein 50.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 591.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "panko crusted fish served over kale recipes"
RECIPE: PARMESAN & PANKO-CRUSTED COD WITH ROASTED …
3.8/5 Total Time 45 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 410 per serving
10 BEST PANKO CRUSTED FISH RECIPES - YUMMLY
PANKO AND HERB-CRUSTED COD FILLET RECIPE - SAVEUR
BAKED PANKO-CRUSTED FISH FILLETS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HEALTHY PANKO FISH RECIPE | POPSUGAR FITNESS
BAKED FISH WITH ALMOND, PANKO, PARMESAN CRUST
PANKO CRUSTED FISH STICKS RECIPE - MOMTASTIC.COM
PANKO CRUSTED FISH STICKS - BIGOVEN
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH OVER KALE | HEALTHY RECIPES ON A …
PANKO CRUSTED ROCKFISH (EASY!) / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
CRUNCHY PANKO CRUMB-CRUSTED BAKED FISH - FOOD CHANNEL
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : PANKO-CRUSTED FISH SERVED …
10 BEST PANKO FRIED FISH RECIPES - YUMMLY
BEST PANKO CRUSTED OVEN "FRIED" FISH RECIPES
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH STICKS | HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
CRISPY BAKED COD WITH PANKO RECIPE - CUCINABYELENA
PANKO CRUSTED COD FISH RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
PANKO-CRUSTED OVEN-FRIED HADDOCK RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SABLEFISH RECIPES THAT MAKE THE MOST OF THIS VERSATILE CATCH
EASY PANKO-CRUSTED FISH - MY EVERYDAY TABLE
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH | SHAPE
PAN FRIED FISH WITH CRISPY PANKO CRUST - LOULOU DOWNTOWN
PANKO CRUSTED ROCKFISH FILLETS - VIDEO & STEP BY STEP
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH SANDWICHES - COOK SMARTS
PANKO-CRUSTED OVEN-"FRIED" FISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH STRIPS - THRIFTY FOODS
EASY PANKO CRUSTED BAKED COD FISH - MY DIARY OF US
RECIPE: BAKED PARMESAN & PANKO-CRUSTED SALMON WITH SQUASH
20 BEST COD RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS - FOOD …
HERB PANKO BAKED FISH RECIPE - MY EVERYDAY TABLE
OVEN FRIED FISH RECIPE PANKO - FOOD NEWS
WARM KALE SALAD WITH PANKO CRUSTED POLLOCK - RECIPE
PANKO-CRUSTED PORK OVER KALE SALAD | SAVORY
GARLIC PANKO CRUSTED FISH - COOK SMARTS
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH STICKS - PLAIN.RECIPES
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH OVER KALE | FISH RECIPES HEALTHY, FISH RECIPES ...
PANKO CRUSTED MAHI MAHI TACO RECIPE - KROLL'S KORNER
PANKO CRUSTED FISH - MAKE MINE LEMON
PANKO-CRUSTED CATFISH WITH GARLIC CHARD - DELICIOUS LIVING
LEMON PANKO CRUSTED FISH - GRANDBABY CAKES
BAKE HALIBUT WITH PANKO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EATING WELL - PANKO CRUSTED FISH WITH KALE SALAD
PARMESAN & PANKO-CRUSTED COD BLUEAPRON
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH OVER KALE | HEALTHY RECIPES ON A BUDGET, …
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #lunch #main-dish #seafood #easy #dinner-party #fish #freshwater-fish #saltwater-fish #cod #halibut #tilapia #brunch #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook fish on Panko bread crumbs?In a small bowl, mix the panko bread crumbs, olive oil, melted butter, dried dill and salt and pepper. In a separate bowl mix the mayonnaise and mustard together. Pat the fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top of the fish and then evenly spread the panko mixture on top.
How to cook rockfish with panko?Pat the rockfish fillets dry, using paper towels. Sprinkle one side of the fish with the seasoning mix, dividing it equally between both pieces of fish. Place panko crumbs onto a dinner sized plate and spread them out. Place fish, one fillet at a time, onto the panko crumbs.
What kind of fish can you cook with panko?Panko-crusted fish is delicious when baked in the oven, and the beauty of this recipe is that it's versatile. It will work with any mild fish fillet, including catfish, cod, flounder, haddock, pollock, and tilapia.
What is Pesto panko crusted fish?For this Pesto Panko Crusted Fish, besides its amazing flavor, we're also using pesto as a sticking mixture to coat the fish fillets with panko. No eggs needed! Panko, if you're not familiar with it, are Japanese style breadcrumbs. The bread flakes are big and it makes for a very crispy coating.