These elegant Parmesan soufflés are really easy to make. Honest. Flour, butter, and milk are cooked into a béchamel sauce. Eggs yolks are whisked in and then egg whites are folded in along with the cheese. Seventeen minutes until you have a towering creation.
Provided by Michel Roux
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Generously butter 8 individual soufflé dishes, preferably about 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter and 2 1/2 inches (6 cm) tall. Add the grated Parmesan to one of the buttered dishes and then rotate the dish to coat the inside. Tilt the first soufflé dish over a second soufflé dish to let the excess drop into the second. Repeat this with the remaining dishes until they're all coated.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a small balloon whisk, for 2 minutes to make a roux. Gradually stir in the cold milk and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Simmer for 1 minute and then pour the béchamel into a bowl. Add a little salt and pepper as well as the cayenne and then whisk in the 12 egg yolks. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a very clean bowl, whisk the 10 egg whites with a pinch of salt until semi-firm peaks form, about 8 minutes (or, if using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, about 3 minutes. Without delay, whisk 1/3 of the egg whites into the warm béchamel. Now, using a spatula or large spoon in one hand, very gently fold in the rest of the egg whites while gradually showering in the grated Parmesan with your other hand. Stop mixing as soon as the mixture is combined, less than 1 minute.
- Using a spoon, generously fill each soufflé dish to 1/2 inch (12 mm) above the rim. Gently smooth the tops of the soufflés using the side of a knife and then run the tip of the knife around the inside of each rim to allow the souffle to get a good rise.
- Line the base of a roasting pan with parchment paper and place the soufflé dishes in the pan. Pull the rack partway out of the oven and pour enough near-boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the soufflé dishes. Bake for 14 to 17 minutes, depending on the size of the ramekins, rotating the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Gently remove the pan from the oven and lift the soufflé dishes out onto warmed plates. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 soufflé, Calories 328 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 20 g, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 254 mg, Sodium 587 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, UnsaturatedFat 9 g
PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLE
One of Martha's favorite designers, Ralph Rucci, shares his favorite recipe for parmesan cheese souffle.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dinner Recipes Dinner Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-quart souffle dish. Add 1 cup cheese, tilting dish to cover bottom and sides with cheese. Shake out any excess. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Sift flour into sour cream. Whisk sour cream and flour until well combined. Add egg yolks, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Stir in salt, cayenne, chives, and remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Place egg whites in a very clean, large bowl, preferably copper. Whisk vigorously until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into sour cream mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared souffle dish and bake until souffle has risen 2 to 3 inches above the rim and top is golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve immediately.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Use room temperature butter to grease an 8-inch souffle mold. Add the grated Parmesan and roll around the mold to cover the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter. Allow all of the water to cook out.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, dry mustard, garlic powder, and kosher salt. Whisk this mixture into the melted butter. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the hot milk and turn the heat to high. Once the mixture reaches a boil, remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks to a creamy consistency. Temper the yolks into the milk mixture, constantly whisking. Remove from the heat and add the cheese. Whisk until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until glossy and firm. Add 1/4 of the mixture to the base. Continue to add the whites by thirds, folding very gently.
- Pour the mixture into the souffle. Fill the souffle to 1/2-inch from the top. Place on an aluminum pie pan. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
EASY CHEESE SOUFFLES
Doesn't it feel great to eliminate a step in a classic recipe and have the new one turn out better? I was actually working on something I was going to call 'cheesecake souffle,' and since I was adding cream cheese to the base, I decided to skip the classic white sauce, and simply smear everything together.
Provided by Chef John
Categories 100+ Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Eggs
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Brush butter on the bottom and up the sides of two 5 1/2-ounce ramekins. Scoop in some sugar; rotate ramekins to coat while pouring most of the sugar back into its container. Place ramekins on a shallow baking pan.
- Separate eggs between 2 bowls. Add sugar, flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, vanilla extract, lemon zest, cream cheese, and Cheddar cheese to the yolks. Mix the souffle base with a spatula until sugar and flour disappear.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the room-temperature egg whites. Beat with a whisk until soft peaks form; peaks should hold their shape but not be stiff or dry. Stir and fold 1/2 of the egg whites into the souffle base until combined. Gently fold the rest of the egg whites into the batter.
- Fill ramekins up to the lip with the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and browned, about 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.5 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 267.5 mg, Fat 32.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 13.7 g, SaturatedFat 19 g, Sodium 721.1 mg, Sugar 19.5 g
CHEESE SOUFFLé IN 4 EASY STEPS
Didn't think you could manage a soufflé? Try this simple step-by-step recipe and conquer a classic
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Side dish, Starter, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preparing the soufflé dish: Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and place a baking sheet on the middle shelf. Butter a 15cm soufflé dish generously, then sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and rotate the dish to ensure the butter is evenly coated. Tip out any excess breadcrumbs.
- Making a thick white sauce: In a pan, melt the butter over a medium heat; stir in the flour and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 1 min. Take off the heat and gradually stir in the milk, mixing it in thoroughly before adding more. Return to the heat and stir continuously until very thick (around 10 mins). Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Crack the eggs, placing the whites into a clean bowl and stirring the yolks into the sauce. Stir in cheddar and season well.
- Adding the egg whites: Use a clean whisk to beat the egg whites until peaks form that just hold their shape (electric is best as it will make the job much quicker). Then take a metal spoon and gently stir the whipped whites into the white sauce in a figure of eight.
- Top-hatting: Spoon the mixture into the dish. Run a cutlery knife around the edge to create a 'top hat' effect; this ensures the soufflé rises above the rim and doesn't stick. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 mins until the top is golden and risen and has a slight wobble. Serve immediately.
- EQUIPMENT: 15cm soufflé dish, saucepan, 2 large mixing bowls, wooden spoon, spatula, baking sheet, large metal spoon, measuring jug, grater, electric whisk, cutlery knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 15 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 18 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 1.02 milligram of sodium
CLASSIC CHEESE SOUFFLE
Our cheese souffle has a bechamel -- a classic French sauce -- as its base. It makes a delectable brunch, lunch, or first course for dinner.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Healthy Recipes Vegetarian Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in middle. Brush the outer lip of a 2-quart souffle dish with melted butter. Tie a sheet of parchment around dish with kitchen twine so it extends 3 inches above rim. Brush inside of dish and collar with melted butter. Dust with Parmesan cheese; tap out excess. Chill dish in freezer 15 minutes.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot; cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add flour; cook, whisking, 3 minutes. Whisk in milk, herbs, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; whisk until thick, about 4 minutes. Add cheeses; whisk until melted. Season with 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Pour into a bowl; stir in yolks.
- Using a balloon whisk, beat whites and a pinch of salt in a copper bowl to stiff peaks. (Or beat with an electric mixer in a stainless-steel bowl with cream of tartar.)
- Spoon one-third of whites onto base. Fold them in: Cut through center of mixture with a large rubber spatula; gently turn spatula over. Rotate bowl a quarter turn; continue folding whites and turning bowl until mostly combined. Fold in remaining whites, one-third at a time.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees;bake until set, 16 to 18 minutes. Remove collar, and serve immediately.
BASIC CHEESE SOUFFLE
The mystery of this classic dish isn't that mysterious. It also isn't that hard! Learn how to make the most basic and delicious souffle!
Provided by Nick
Yield Serves 4-6.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1) Make sure to prepare all the ingredients before starting to mix together the souffle. When separating the eggs, do it one egg at a time and make sure not even a single drop of yolk gets in your egg whites.
- 2) Add butter to a saucepan over medium-high heat until butter is melted and then whisk in your flour. Cook for three or four minutes, whisking constantly.
- 3) Slowly whisk your milk into the roux (flour and butter). Work slowly so no lumps form in the sauce. It helps if your milk is warm for this so feel free to microwave it quickly.
- 4) Once your milk is whisked in, continue to cook the sauce so it thickens. Add your grated cheese and spices to the sauce.
- 5) Whisk about 1 cup of the hot cheese sauce into your whisked egg yolks. Go slowly so your yolks slowly rise in temperature. Once that's done, whisk your yolk mixture back into your cheese mixture.
- 6) When you start to whisk your egg whites, make sure your bowl and whisk are VERY clean. If you're using the same whisk that you used for your yolks, make sure it's sparkling clean. Even a single drop of fat (yolk) will kill your whites.
- 7) Beat the whites until they form stiff peaks, about 5 minutes if you're a good whisker.
- 8) Now the hard part. Take about 1/6 of your whites and stir them into your cheese base. Don't worry about maintaining volume at this point. This will just lighten the base a bit.
- 9) Now add the rest of your egg whites and gently FOLD the whites into the sauce. Use a flat spatula and gently fold the base over the whites. Don't stir it in or you'll destroy the volume in the egg whites.
- 10) As soon as the mixture is combined, pour it into a buttered dish (or individual ramekins) and bake for 30 minutes (15-20 with ramekins) at 375 degrees.
- 11) Test the middle of the souffle to make sure it's cooked through and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353, Carbohydrate 12g, Protein 21g, Fat 24g
PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLE
Provided by Claire Robinson
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter 6 (7 1/2 by 3 1/2-inch ramekins. Sprinkle with some grated Parmesan, and coat all sides and the base of the dish. Pour out the excess cheese into the next ramekin to coat. Continue coating the ramekins with the cheese and set aside.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In another medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook out raw flour taste, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Remove the pan from heat, add 3/4 cup of grated cheese and season, to taste, with salt and pepper (watch salt levels because of the cheese). Pour the mixture into a large bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a stand mixer, whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Whisk the yolks into the cooled bechamel. Fold 1/3 of whipped egg whites into the bechamel to lighten the base. Gently fold in the remaining whipped egg whites in order to keep the incorporated air. Carefully fill the prepared ramekins and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake until risen and golden on top, about 20 minutes. The center will have just a slight jiggle when ready. Remove the ramekins from the oven and serve immediately.
GRUYèRE AND PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLé
Categories Egg Brunch Bake Lunch Parmesan Swiss Cheese Bon Appétit
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Generously butter one 10-cup soufflé dish or six 1 1/4-cup soufflé dishes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to coat. (If using 1 1/4-cup dishes, place all 6 on rimmed baking sheet.) Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Cook without browning until mixture begins to bubble, whisking constantly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, then wine. Cook until smooth, thick and beginning to boil, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix yolks, salt and pepper in small bowl. Add yolk mixture all at once to sauce and whisk quickly to blend. Fold in 1 1/4 cups Gruyère cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (cheeses do not need to melt). Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold 1/4 of whites into lukewarm soufflé base to lighten. Fold in remaining whites. Transfer soufflé mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Gruyère cheese.
- Place soufflé in oven; reduce heat to 375°F. Bake soufflé until puffed, golden and gently set in center, about 40 minutes for large soufflé (or 25 minutes for small soufflés). Using oven mitts, transfer soufflé to platter and serve immediately.
SWISS CHEESE SOUFFLE
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 1-cup round baking dish with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle buttered surface with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Add chives and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg yolk; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Transfer to a bowl; set aside. In a bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold half into yolk mixture. Fold in Swiss cheese, then remaining egg white. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 33g fat (19g saturated fat), Cholesterol 297mg cholesterol, Sodium 515mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein.
HERBED PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLé
Categories Herb Side Bake Parmesan Spring Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 6 as a side dish, 2 as a main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter and flour 7- to 8-cup soufflé dish. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; stir 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, then nutmeg. Bring to simmer, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook sauce until very thick, whisking often, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in cheese and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Cool 1 minute. (Soufflé base can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature. Before continuing, stir soufflé base over low heat until warm.)
- Whisk yolks in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in soufflé base. Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into soufflé base in 2 additions. Transfer batter to prepared dish.
- Bake soufflé until top is puffed and golden brown and center is just set, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
MOMMOM'S POTATO PARMESAN SOUFFLE
Extremely easy and delicious potato souffle! Great for all occasions especially special ones, it really wows the crowd.
Provided by OneYetTwo
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions for 8 servings.
- While still hot, beat in egg yolks, one at a time, and mix in cheese.
- At this point, you can cover and let stand at room temperature a few hours.
- About 1 hour before serving time, beat egg whites until foamy, add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold beaten whites into potato mixture.
- Spoon into a 4-quart soufflé dish.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven, allowing 45 minutes for small soufflés or 1 hour for a large soufflé.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.1, Fat 7.9, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 171.7, Sodium 851.6, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2, Protein 11.5
PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLE
Discover a new crowd-favorite with this Parmesan Cheese Soufflé recipe. A blend of Parmesan and cheddar gives this Parmesan Cheese Soufflé unique flavor.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Meal Recipes
Yield Makes 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Separate eggs. Place yolks in small bowl; beat lightly. Set aside. Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form; set aside. Melt butter in medium saucepan on low heat. Add flour and seasonings; mix well. Cook 2 min. or until bubbly, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended; cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Add cheeses; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Gradually add egg yolks, stirring until well blended after each addition; cool slightly. Gently stir in egg whites.
- Pour into 1-1/2-qt. souffle dish or casserole dish. With tip of spoon, make slight indentation or "track" around top of souffle, 1 inch from edge, to form "top hat."
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 170 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 13 g
SIMPLE PARMESAN-CREAM CHEESE SOUFFLé
Soufflé gets a bad rap for being difficult to make, but our Italian-style hot pepper Parmesan version is a very simple one to follow.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray 1-1/2-qt. soufflé dish with cooking spray; coat evenly with 1 Tbsp. grated cheese.
- Blend egg yolks, milk, cream cheese, shredded cheese and remaining grated cheese in blender on high speed 30 sec. or until smooth. Pour into large bowl.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in separate bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir into cheese mixture; pour into prepared soufflé dish.
- Bake 35 min. or until top is puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 250 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 18 g
More about "parmesan cheese souffle recipes"
HOMEMADE CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE - SAUDER'S EGGS
CHEESE SOUFFLE - JOYOFBAKING.COM *VIDEO RECIPE*
PARMESAN AND GRUYèRE CHEESE SOUFFLé RECIPE - LEITE'S …
COULD THIS BE THE BEST DOUBLE BAKED CHEESE SOUFFLE …
EASY SWISS CHARD, PARMESAN AND COTTAGE CHEESE …
INDIVIDUAL CHEESE SOUFFLé - THE MOM 100
LIGHT AND AIRY CHEESE SOUFFLé RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHEESE SOUFFLE WITH PARMESAN CRUST | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE - DELISH
Cuisine FrenchEstimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLé - GOOD CHEF BAD CHEF
DOUBLE-BAKED CHEESE SOUFFLé WITH PARMESAN CREAM RECIPE - FOOD …
OVEN BAKED EASY CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
CHEESE SOUFFLé - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC FRENCH RECIPE - 196 …
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
PARMESAN & GRUYERE CHEESE SOUFFLE - CPA: CERTIFIED PASTRY …
EASY CHEESE SOUFFLé RECIPE - GRANNY'S IN THE KITCHEN
CLASSIC CHEESE SOUFFLé RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A CHEESE SOUFFLE - THE DARING GOURMET
CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE - PETITE GOURMETS
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE SOUFFLE | ALTON BROWN
CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPES - SAVORY SOUFFLES
PARMESAN CHEESE CRISPS RECIPE - SOUFFLE BOMBAY
RECIPE FOR FRENCH CHEESE SOUFFLé - THE GOOD LIFE FRANCE
A CLASSIC FRENCH CHEESE SOUFFLé RECIPE - PERFECTLY PROVENCE
TWICE BAKED CHEESE SOUFFLé - FRENCH RECIPE | GREEDY GOURMET
CHEESE SOUFFLé WITH 3 TYPES OF CHEESE SWISS, CHEDDAR AND PARMESAN
CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
FOUR CHEESE PANERA SOUFFLE RECIPE (COPYCAT) - RECIPES.NET
CHEESE SOUFFLÉ | FRENCH FOOD | EASY RECIPE
CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE - MASHED.COM
30 PARMESAN CHEESE RECIPES THAT ARE TO DIE FOR - INSANELY GOOD
PARMESAN AND TRUFFLE SOUFFLé RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PARMESAN SOUFFLé WITH VIN SANTO PEARS RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GRUYERE AND PARMESAN CHEESE SOUFFLE - PLAIN.RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love