GINGER CARROT PARSNIP SOUP
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sautee until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add garlic and ginger, sautee for another minute.
- Add spices and stir to coat.
- Add carrots, parsnips, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots and parsnips are tender (about 30 minutes).
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Return to saucepan and slowly stir in coconut milk over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
CARROT AND PARSNIP SOUP
- Cook onion,ginger,garlic and cumin in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and parsnips and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until vegies are soft.
- Blend soup till smooth - take care if it is hot.
- Season to taste.
- serve topped with sour cream and coriander.
GINGERED CARROTS & PARSNIPS
"Ginger adds a marvelous taste to these root vegetables." The flavorful side will be a hit on any buffet table. Marie Rizzio - Interlochen, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in carrots; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside., In the same pan, combine the honey, butter, ginger and salt. Stir in vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 121mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CREAMY CARROT PARSNIP SOUP
Our farm family would eat soup every day as long as it didn't come from a can! This smooth creamy concoction tastes like it's fresh from the garden. A subtle hint of horseradish and ginger sparks every steaming spoonful.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place first six ingredients in a 6-qt. stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are very tender, 25-30 minutes., In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion, garlic, horseradish and ginger until onion is tender. Add to carrot mixture. Puree soup using an immersion blender or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender. Stir in buttermilk; heat through (do not boil). Serve with sour cream and, if desired, dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 690mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICY PARSNIP & CARROT SOUP
Sweet, nutty root vegetables in a delicious soup topped with a swirl of cream. Comfort food at its best.
Provided by jillsymes
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, celery sticks, garlic and grated fresh ginger and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsnips and carrots and pour in the vegetable stock. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender; about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup, in batches, adding more stock to get the right consistency. If you're freezing the soup, cool completely and freeze in airight containers for up to 3 months.
- To serve, reheat and drizzle each bowl with a tablespoon of cream and top each bowl with half tablespoon of the toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Cook's tip: To toast pumpkin seeds, place in a pan over a medium heat and dry fry until the seeds begin to pop.
PARSNIP & GINGER SOUP
Theres no need to peel parsnips for this recipe, give them a good wash and chop them up for a quick and easy soup the whole family will love. For more recipes visit www.britishcarrots.co.uk
Provided by mustardcomms
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- the oil in a large pan, add the onion and saute for 3-4mins or until pale golden. Meanwhile, wash the parsnips, trim the ends and chop them into even sized chunks.
- Add the parsnips to the pan along with the garlic and ginger, saute for 2 mins, stirring. Pour in the stock and a little seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins or until the parsnips are tender.
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup until its nice and smooth. Add the creme fraiche and taste for seasoning. Serve hot in bowls, sprinkled with a little parsley or paprika if liked.
CARROT & PARSNIP SOUP
Create a batch of creamy parsnip and carrot soup for a warming lunch or supper. Serve with crusty bread and freeze any leftovers you have for busy days
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Categories Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and celery for 10 mins, stirring occasionally until softened. If they start to catch, add a small splash of water. Add the garlic, thyme and ½ tsp black pepper and cook for 2 mins. Add the carrots, parsnips and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 mins until the vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Blend using a stick blender until smooth. Add the cream and blitz again until combined, then taste for seasoning. To serve, ladle into bowls and scatter over a little chopped parsley, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "parsnip carrot and ginger soup recipes"
CARROT, PARSNIP AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S …
5/5 Category SoupsServings 6Total Time 50 mins
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or casserole. Add the onions and a pinch of salt, and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat until starting to soften. Add the carrots, parsnips, ground spices and ginger and stir well to coat. Cook gently, covered, for 10 minutes, making sure the spices don’t catch and burn. This helps to bring out the full flavour of the vegetables.
- Add the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are completely tender. Blend the soup until smooth, then adjust the seasoning and consistency, adding lemon juice to taste and extra water if the soup is too thick. Reheat if necessary.
- If making the crispy ginger, heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the ginger until it’s starting to turn golden and crisp. Add the seeds and cook for another 15-30 seconds.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a swirl of yogurt, coriander leaves, and the crispy ginger and seeds if using.
CREAMY CARROT-PARSNIP-GINGER SOUP - RECIPE - …
GINGERED CARROT-AND-PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 4
CARROT PARSNIP & GINGER SOUP - DISHING UP THE DIRT
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CARROT, PARSNIP AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY CARROT AND PARSNIP SOUP | LUNCH RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
PARSNIP AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARROT SOUP VITAMIX RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CARROT AND PARSNIP SOUP WITH GINGER RECIPE | RECIPES ...
PARSNIP VEGAN RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CARROT GINGER RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CARROT SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
JAMIE OLIVER'S PARSNIP AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE | MYDISH
CARROT, PARSNIP AND GINGER SOUP - APRON & WHISK
PARSNIP & CARROT GINGER SOUP - DISHING UP THE DIRT
PARSNIP, CARROT AND GINGER SOUP | OREGONIAN RECIPES
FOOD NETWORK RECIPES CARROT SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
ZINGY & SPICY PARSNIP SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
GINGER PARSNIP AND CARROT SOUP – VEGALICIOUS RECIPES
CARROT PARSNIP AND GINGER SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
CARROT, PARSNIP, AND GINGER SOUP (OIL-FREE, PLANT-BASED ...
CARROT SOUP WITH PARSNIP, GINGER AND LIME - CANADIAN ...
CARROT, PARSNIP, GINGER AND COCONUT SOUP | RECIPE ...
CARROT, PARSNIP AND GINGER SOUP - BAMBOOCORE FITNESS
SPICY CARROT AND PARSNIP SOUP - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
CARROT AND PARSNIP SOUP WITH GINGER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PARSNIP AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARROT-PARSNIP GINGER-LIME SOUP - NOBLE PIG
PARSNIP AND CARROT SOUP RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
VELVETY CARROT-GINGER SOUP - CHATELAINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook carrot and parsnip soup?This spicy Carrot and Parsnip Soup does exactly that! It's warming, satisfying and perfect for a tasty lunch or light dinner. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until soft, about 15 - 20 minutes.
What is in Jamie Oliver's parsnip and ginger soup?Jamie Oliver's Parsnip and Ginger Soup. Method. 1. Peel and roughly slice the carrots. Slice the celery. Peel and roughly chop the onions, parsnips and ginger. Peel and slice the garlic. Put a large pan on a medium heat and add 2tbsp of olive oil. Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
How long do you cook parsnips and carrots in Curry?Add the chopped onion, celery sticks, garlic and grated fresh ginger and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the parsnips and carrots and pour in the vegetable stock. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender – this will take about 30 minutes.
What is the best way to make carrot and onion soup?In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion, garlic, horseradish and ginger until onion is tender. Add to carrot mixture. Puree soup using an immersion blender or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender.