CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS
I found this recipe in one of those mostly resistable check-out stand line books. This one was for Irish recipes for St. Patty's Day. Living here in the Pacific Northwest we LOVE oysters, but frying them, (the way we love them best), is bad for us so we seldom do it. If this recipe works it will be well worth the $5 I paid for the book which didn't really contain much else that interested me. The author of this recipe, Marie Rizzio, won first place in a seafood contest in the hors d'oeuvres category with it, so my hubby and I are looking forward to trying these little gems. We will use very fresh extra small, I don't see this working for large oysters. And I'm including the sauce as that's part of Marie's recipe, but we won't use it, just to keep the health factor. I sure hope this works for us! Let me know if it works for you! NOTE: 4/11/08. Made this tonight as an appy. I used 1/2 pint of very fresh extra small fresh oysters and they were wonderful. (About 15), therefor using half the other ingredients. I would not suggest using anything but extra small or small. These were crispy enough to make hubby and I believers that we can enjoy oven-baked oysters way more often now for health reasons other than fried. If you do more, use 2 baking sheets so you can place the oysters apart and avoid steaming them rather than crisping them. Also, I simply sprayed an oven sheet with cooking spray, then sprayed the coated oysters right on the sheet with a good spray of cooking spray rather than the 2 tablespoons of oil, thereby cutting alot more fat! We dipped them in tartar sauce. YUM!
Provided by Chef PotPie
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 30 appetizers, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs.
- In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Romano cheese, parsley and garlic salt.
- Coat oysters with flour mixture, then dip in eggs, and coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the jalapeno mayonnaise ingredients.
- Serve with oysters.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen (about 2/3 cup jalapeno mayonnaise).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.8, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 106.5, Sodium 535.2, Carbohydrate 24.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 16.5
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, garlic powder, paprika and hot sauce in a casserole dish. Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper together in a separate casserole dish.
- Add the oysters to the buttermilk and let soak. Then remove, letting the excess drip off, and dredge through the cornmeal mixture, tapping off the excess. Fry in the hot oil in batches, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve hot with the Remoulade Sauce.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in a small bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS
These flavorful breaded and baked oysters, served with a zippy jalapeno mayonnaise, were created by Marie Rizzio of Interlochen, Michigan. "I entered this recipe in a seafood contest and took first place in the hors d'oeuvres category," Marie says. "They make an interesting appetizer for entertaining." -Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen (about 2/3 cup jalapeno mayonnaise).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and garlic salt. , Coat oysters with flour mixture, then dip in eggs, and coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil., Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise ingredients. Serve with oysters.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 146mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
DEEP FRIED OYSTERS
- Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper. Dredge oysters in flour mixture, dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs.
- Carefully slide oysters into hot oil. Cook five at a time until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576.8 calories, Carbohydrate 27.4 g, Cholesterol 99.6 mg, Fat 47.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 776 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
From a Beta Sigma Phi cookbook -- have you discovered them yet? Real homemade food from home cooks from the American heartland. My company publishes them but doesn't sell them oddly. Try the Beta website www.betasigmaphi.com
Provided by fluffernutter
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drain oysters and pat dry. Melt margarine in a baking pan large enough to hold the oysters in one layer.
- Combine dry ingredients on a plate or waxed paper. Dip oysters into eggs then roll in dry ingredients. Arrange in margarine in the baking pan, turning to coat well. Oven-fry for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.5, Fat 31.5, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 162.8, Sodium 710.3, Carbohydrate 25.2, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 3, Protein 16.5
FRIED OYSTERS WITH TARTAR SAUCE
Getting fried oysters from your summer seafood shack is fun, but making them yourself yields something crispy, light and, most significantly, tender. Shuck carefully, bread delicately and fry to golden perfection, then serve with this bright, lively tartar sauce, which gets its spark from cornichons, capers and lemon juice. Eat while hot - whether you're wearing flip flops or polished oxfords, that's up to you.
Provided by Gabrielle Hamilton
Yield 24 oysters and 1 pint sauce
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Prepare the oysters: Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge each oyster in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg, then coat evenly in the panko.
- Set breaded oysters on a baking cooling rack, leaving a little room between the oysters so they can dry and set. Refrigerate until ready to fry and serve.
- Make the sauce: Finely mince garlic with a pinch of salt until sticky and pasty. Mince shallots, cornichons and capers as finely as possible. Add all to a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, caper brine and cornichon vinegar, and stir well. Add chopped parsley, stir well and season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fry the oysters: Melt enough shortening in a deep medium skillet (we love cast iron) over medium for 1 1/2 inches of liquified fat once hot. Increase heat to medium-high. It's ready to fry in when a few crumbs of panko or the tip of a wooden chopstick sizzles actively in the fat.
- Add the oysters cold from the refrigerator, working in batches of 6 to 8 or as you have room. Fry, making sure to turn them to get both sides, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, depending on size. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider, and let rest on a clean rack while you fry the rest. Season each batch with a little salt while still piping hot, as soon as you pull them from the fat. Serve with tartar sauce.
More about "crispy oven fried oysters recipes"
PAN OR OVEN FRIED OYSTERS – OLYMPIASEAFOOD
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OVEN FRIED OYSTERS - BIGOVEN.COM
CRISPY OVEN ROASTED OYSTER MUSHROOMS RECIPE - GIVE …
SOUTHERN FRIED OYSTERS | WORKS BECAUSE IT'S SIMPLE
FRIED OYSTERS - THE SEASONED MOM
BEST SOUTHERN CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS
CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS WITH CORNMEAL BATTER RECIPE
GRANDMA FLAXEL'S CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FRIED OYSTERS | RICARDO
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Cuisine North America, Cajun, MexicanCategory AppetizersServings 0.67Total Time 30 mins
LATEST NEWS AND MEDIA INFORMATION CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS …
HOW TO MAKE OYSTERS BEST RECIPES
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS | RECIPE | FRIES IN THE OVEN, YUMMY …
THE BEST FRIED OYSTER RECIPES - BOSS OYSTER
27 BEST PAN-FRIED OYSTERS RECIPES FOR YOU - THE PAN HANDLER
THE BEST SOUTHERN CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS - GRITS AND PINECONES
CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS - BIGOVEN.COM
FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE - LOSTMEALS.ORG
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | OYSTER …
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
THE BEST CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS (TEMPURA-STYLE)
SHALLOW FRIED OYSTERS BEST RECIPES
FRIED CANNED OYSTERS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE | FRESH TASTES BLOG | PBS FOOD
CRISPY SOUTHERN FRIED OYSTERS - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE-OYSTERS WERE DELISH!
EASY OVEN-FRIED OYSTERS RECIPE | CLICK 'N COOK
CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS - CAREER GIRL MEETS...
CRISPY PAN FRIED OYSTERS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - RECIPESCHOICE
CRISPY AIR FRIED OYSTER MUSHROOMS (OR OVEN ROASTED)
3 OYSTER RECIPES NO SHELL IDEAS SUPER EASY TO COOK - FISHERMEN'S …
COOKED OYSTERS BEST RECIPES
FRIED OYSTER BEST RECIPES
CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook oysters in oven?Directions In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Coat oysters with flour mixture, then dip in eggs, and coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the jalapeno mayonnaise ingredients.
How to make crispy fried oysters?Choose an oil with a high smoking point, like vegetable, peanut, or canola oil. Our recipe with a cornmeal coating makes these fried oysters super crispy, and the recipe is a great template for you to add to and experiment with other seasonings. Serve these crispy fried oysters with the tartar sauce included in the recipe or with cocktail sauce.
How to cook oysters with cornmeal?In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs. Add the oysters to the egg bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, pepper, salt, and flour. Lift each oyster out of the egg mixture and allow the excess moisture to drip off before rolling them in the cornmeal mixture to evenly coat.
How do you make Creole oysters?In a small bowl combine bacon, celery, chervil, green onions, parsley and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice and optional Pernod. In another bowl combine bread crumbs with oil and Creole seasoning; season with salt and pepper. Carefully open oysters and discard top shell.