CANNED CLAM PASTA
This clam pasta is a delicious seafood pasta that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It's a fancy dish that you can serve to feed a crowd without breaking your bank.
Provided by Rika
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic just until translucent and soft for 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring and careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add clam juice, chicken broth, and white wine. Cook until the sauce on medium-high heat until the sauce is reduced, enough to fully submerge the cooked pasta. Season with salt, black pepper, or chili pepper flakes if needed.
- Add butter, basil, clam meat, pasta, and pasta water to the skillet. Stir just until the clam is warm throughout. Turn off the heat immediately so you don't overcook the clam meat. Serve with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464 kcal, Carbohydrate 66 g, Protein 12 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 71 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPAGHETTI WITH CANNED CLAMS
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs, granulated garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toast the breadcrumbs, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and season generously with salt. Add the spaghetti and cook to al dente, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan or skillet, add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil along with the garlic and red pepper flakes. Turn the heat on low and let cook until fragrant, for a few minutes. Stir in the wine and cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the clams, then turn up the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Use tongs to take the pasta out of the water directly into the pan (this works best when the pasta is a couple minutes away from being done; you want it really al dente so it finishes cooking in the sauce). Use tongs to toss. If dry, add a little pasta water. Add the parsley. Toss until coated in the sauce and the pasta is tender. Serve with the toasted breadcrumbs sprinkled on top.
WHITE WINE AND GARLIC CLAM PASTA
- Gather the ingredients.
- Boil a generous amount of water in a large pot. Soak the clams in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- In a large, heavy-based pot, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili flakes, and salt to the pot and stir for about 20 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for about 7 minutes, until their juice starts to evaporate.
- Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- In the pot with the sauce, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the clams to the pot. Cover with a lid. After about 2 to 3 minutes, add the wine to the pot. Cover again and shake the pot from side to side.
- Cook the clams for a further 5 minutes, or until they open. Add the parsley and stir with a wooden spoon. Cover and shake the pot again. Check for any unopened clams and discard.
- Approximately at this point, the pasta should be ready to be drained. Drain and place in a big serving bowl or large plate.
- Pour the clam mixture on top. Mix the pasta and sauce well with the help of two big serving forks or some tongs. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 662 kcal, Carbohydrate 62 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 40 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 2022 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 23 g, ServingSize 2 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
MARK BITTMAN'S PASTA WITH CLAMS
Here is a simple, elegant take on pasta with clam sauce that serves as a beautiful, light dinner with salad, perfect in advance of a movie night or reading session on the couch with family or friends. The key to its success is using less pasta that you generally might, which helps place the focus of the dish squarely on the meaty clams.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Steam the clams in a covered pot (a glass top is very nice, voyeuristically speaking). You don't need any liquid other than what the clams will release. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- After the clams open - it could take as little as 10 minutes - uncover and cool. Take the meat out and strain and reserve the liquid; make sure to leave any sand behind. Chop the clams if they're big.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water. Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the clams and continue to cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add about 1/2 cup of the reserved clam liquid.
- Drain the pasta when it's nearly done and stir it into the clams. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is tender and the mixture is saucy. Add more clam-cooking liquid (or hot water or white wine), if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a little more oil if you like. Garnish, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 551, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 69 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 30 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 790 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PASTA WITH CLAM SAUCE
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Steam broccoli in colander over pasta water, or in steamer, until bright green, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toss cooked pasta with 1/4 cup butter, Parmesan, oregano, parsley, garlic powder and black pepper. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Dump in flour all at once and whisk until smooth. Whisk in cream and chicken broth a little at a time and cook until mixture thickens. Stir in clams and reserved broccoli, mushrooms and bell pepper. Heat through and toss with pasta. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 938.2 calories, Carbohydrate 70.8 g, Cholesterol 224 mg, Fat 60.6 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 36.4 g, Sodium 357.5 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt generously. Add spaghetti, and cook until slightly underdone, about 7 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chile pepper; cook until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add clams and white wine, and raise heat to high. Bring to a boil; cover, and cook, shaking occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until clams open. Stir in parsley. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add reserved pasta water and lemon juice; reduce until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in butter. Add clam mixture and spaghetti. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with parsley.
SPAGHETTI AND CLAMS
A simple, tasty, and relatively light pasta dish that can be whipped up in no time for a delicious weeknight meal or even for company. Goes great with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, green salad, and good crusty bread!
Provided by Cindy
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add clams, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, or until clams are lightly browned. Stir in parsley, olive oil, and reserved clam juice mixed with enough water to equal 2 cups liquid.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.2 g, Cholesterol 126.1 mg, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 42.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 539.9 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
PASTA WITH CLAMS
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté pancetta, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in clams, clam juice, wine, and chiles and boil, covered, until clams open, about 4 to 5 minutes (discard any clams that do not open after 6 minutes). If using whole chiles, remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
- While clams are cooking, cook pasta in a 6-quart pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain in a colander, then add to clams and simmer, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Toss pasta with parsley and drizzle with remaining 5 tablespoons oil.
PASTA WITH CLAMS MERIDIONALE
- Shuck the clams and reserve the clams and the juice. There should be about one cup of clams and one and one-half cups of juice.
- Put the clams on a flat surface and chop them finely.
- Bring the water to the boil, and add one-half cup of the clam juice and salt.
- Add the spaghetti to the kettle and let it boil as the sauce is prepared. Cook the spaghetti to the desired state of doneness. We prefer it al dente.
- Add the oil to a small skillet and heat it. Add the remaining clam juice to another skillet or casserole large enough to toss the spaghetti in sauce once it is added. Drain the spaghetti and add it to the clam juice. Add the cream and stir. Let heat slowly as you prepare the sauce.
- Add the clams, garlic and parsley to the oil and heat for about 30 seconds or until thoroughly hot. Do not cook. Pour and scrape this over the spaghetti and add the butter. Toss. Add the Pernod or Ricard and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 493, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 45 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 2303 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS
Spaghetti with clams is very different from spaghetti with clam sauce. The former is a dish with a light, fragrant dressing tossed with whole clams; in my opinion, it's the only way to make this dish. It's also beautiful on the table; there's something about the shells combined with pasta that just looks so satisfying. And satisfying it is. You could also use mussels, for a twist, or small New Zealand cockles, whose refined shape and delicate flavor make for a more elegant version.
Yield 4 main-course servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring constantly in the beginning to prevent it from sticking together, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. When almost smoking, add the shallots and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic is golden brown and the shallots are translucent, about 3 minutes (being careful not to burn the garlic). Add the clams, wine, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon each of sea salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until most of the clams have opened, about 6 minutes (discard any shellfish that do not open). Whisk in the butter to thicken the sauce slightly.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid. Do not rinse the spaghetti with water; you want to retain the natural starches that help the sauce adhere to the spaghetti. Toss the spaghetti with the clam mixture in the pan to coat. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the pasta. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve immediately.
More about "pasta with clams recipes"
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (22)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Comfort FoodCalories 329 per serving
SPAGHETTI VONGOLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA RECIPES
RESTAURANT-STYLE LINGUINE WITH CLAMS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
PASTA WITH CLAMS IN WHITE WINE GARLIC SAUCE (PASTA ALLE …
12 BEST CLAM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SPAGHETTI WITH CANNED CLAMS - LEMONS + ANCHOVIES
10 BEST SHRIMP CLAM PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASTA WITH FRESH LITTLENECK CLAMS RECIPE
EASY AND DELICIOUS SPAGHETTI PESTO WITH CLAMS RECIPE
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PASTA WITH CLAMS (SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE) - THE TASTE EDIT
PASTA WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MAKE THE BEST SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS - PASTA ALL'AMALFITANA ⋆
CLAMS AND LINGUINE - MUST LOVE PASTA
PASTA WITH CLAMS (SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE) - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
CLAM PASTA WITH SPICY, TOASTED BREADCRUMBS — ALISON ROMAN
SPAGHETTI WITH CANNED-CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ULTIMATE SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS | CAROLYN'S COOKING
PASTA WITH CLAMS IN RED SAUCE – NONNAS WAY
PASTA WITH CLAMS AND SAUSAGES - CAROLINE'S COOKING
RECIPES PASTA WITH CLAMS | SOSCUISINE
20 CLAM RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
PASTA WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - I REALLY LIKE FOOD!
PASTA WITH CLAMS
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
LINGUINE WITH CLAMS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS - LIDIA
LINGUINE PASTA ALLE VONGOLE (LINGUINE WITH CLAMS)
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE: A TASTY ITALIAN PASTA DISH
PASTA WITH CLAMS AND ANCHOVIES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CLAMS WITH PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS | SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE ITALIAN RECIPE
SPAGHETTI WITH CANNED CLAMS RECIPE - READY IN 15 MINUTES
WHITE CLAM SAUCE RECIPE WITH CANNED CLAMS
WEEKNIGHT SPAGHETTI AND CLAMS MADE WITH CANNED CLAMS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Cook Pasta with clams and garlic?Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add garlic, and cook until golden. Add reduced clam juice and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until parsley is tender. Stir in clams, wine, and basil, and cook 5 minutes or until wine has reduced by half.
How to cook Linguini with clams?How To Make Linguini with Clams. In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to a boil. Add the linguine and cook according to package directions until just shy of al dente. (The pasta should still be firm to the bite since it will cook another minute or two in the sauce).
How to cook clams on the stove?Add garlic and chile pepper; cook until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add clams and white wine, and raise heat to high. Bring to a boil; cover, and cook, shaking occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until clams open. Stir in parsley.
What to do with leftover clams from pasta?along with some water left over from pasta I use a bottle of clam juice. I also add a can of minced clams. You can never have enough clams. I made this recipe last night.