BELL PEPPERS AND PASTA
This meatless entree is always a hit. In fact, I double it whenever I know I'm going to feed some big eaters, and it still disappears. -Sharon Csuhta of Wadsworth, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 1-1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet peppers; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the olives, oregano, salt and cayenne. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 434mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Begin cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix well.
- When the pasta is almost done cooking, remove 1/2 cup of the cooking water, add it to the bowl with the tahini mixture, then whisk well.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, pour the tahini sauce over the pasta and mix to coat the pasta evenly with sauce.
- Garnish with some chopped fresh basil or parsley (optional).
- Makes 6 servings of tahini pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315 kcal, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 9 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PENNE PASTA WITH PEPPERS
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers and saute for 10 minutes or until tender. Pour this vegetable mixture over cooked pasta and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.9 calories, Carbohydrate 79.9 g, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 9.7 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
What a vibrant, low-calorie main dish. Bow-tie pasta cradles a sauce of tomatoes and colorful bell peppers.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bell peppers in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Stir pasta sauce into peppers. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265, Carbohydrate 48 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 730 mg
ONE-POT SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: farfalle pasta, olive oil, hot italian sausages, sweet italian sausages, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, white onion, garlic, diced tomato, oregano, salt, black ground pepper
Provided by Andrew Ilnyckyj
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt, and cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Strain pasta and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking
- In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sausages, working in batches as needed, until deeply browned on all sides.
- Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch (2 cm) rings, and set aside.
- Sauté all of the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, all of the spices, and the sausage slices to the pot.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 901 calories, Carbohydrate 110 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 17 grams
PASTA WITH PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE
Pasta is a perfect vehicle for showing off late summer vegetables. Pasta dishes also are great way to get more vegetables, as they're often concentrated in the accompanying sauces and toppings. Between the peppers and the tomatoes, this dish is packed with lycopene, as well as vitamins C, A, B6 and K. If you use a food processor to puree the sauce, be sure to strain it afterward for a smooth, elegant texture.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or heavy casserole over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about five minutes, and add the garlic and peppers. Add a generous pinch of salt, and cook, stirring often, until the peppers have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, basil sprig, salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring from time to time, until the tomatoes have cooked down somewhat, about 10 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes (or longer), stirring occasionally until the mixture is thick and fragrant. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove the basil sprig, and put the peppers and tomatoes through the fine blade of a food mill, or puree in a food processor and press through a strainer. Return to the pan, and keep the sauce warm while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously, and add the pasta. Cook al dente, following the timing instructions on the package but checking a minute before the indicated cooking time. Stir 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water into the sauce, then drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve with Parmesan or grated ricotta salata.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 386, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 70 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 741 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams
PASTA WITH TAHINI AND BELL PEPPER
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook edamame in another pot of boiling water, according to package instructions; drain, and add to pasta.
- Toss pasta and edamame with Tahini Dressing, reserved pasta water, bell pepper, and scallions. Season generously with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SIMPLE TAHINI PASTA
This Simple Tahini Pasta recipe is simple, fast, comforting, loaded with flavor, and delish! It's also vegan, oil-free, and with a gluten-free option. While I made this with penne, tahini spaghetti is fantastic! #tahinipasta #tahinipastasauce #tahinispaghetti #tahinipenne #healthyveganrecipes #oilfree #simplerecipes #danielfastrecipes
Provided by Gigi & Sersie
Categories Lunch/Dinner Entrée
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Make the Tahini Pasta Sauce and set it aside.
- Boil pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is still hot, immediately pour the Tahini Pasta Sauce on top and stir to coat. The pasta with sauce will stick to the pan if you try to heat it. So, it's essential to immediately combine sauce while the noodles are still hot.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley or another fresh herb, and (optional) crushed red pepper for heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 calories, Sugar 2.1 g, Sodium 74 mg, Fat 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 49.8 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 13.3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
EASY PASTA SALAD
This easy pasta salad recipe doesn't require cooking anything but the noodles. Make use of summer zucchini and tomatoes in this picnic or barbecue side.
Provided by Kelly Janke
Yield 6-8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Toss 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced, zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 garlic clove, finely grated, 1 lb. summer squash and/or zucchini, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise, ½ cup coarsely chopped banana peppers, 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, 1¾ tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1¼ tsp. Morton kosher salt, and ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl to combine. Using your hands, gently massage vegetables to soften slightly. Let sit at room temperature, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.
- Cook 1 lb. orecchiette or other small pasta in a large pot of boiling heavily salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain in a colander, shaking to remove excess water.
- Add pasta, 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved, 1 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives, ½ cup finely grated Parmesan, and ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil to vegetable mixture; toss well to combine. Add 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces, 1 cup (packed) coarsely chopped basil, and ½ cup finely chopped oregano and toss gently just to incorporate. Taste pasta salad and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Just before serving, top pasta salad with more Parmesan, basil, and oregano. Do ahead: Pasta salad (without toppings) can be made 5 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
PASTA AND PEPPERS
This colorful pasta toss is sure to brighten your dinner table. Garlic, basil and a splash of white wine accent the sweet peppers and spiral pasta. For a fun and different look, you can substitute bow tie or medium shell pasta instead.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Combine cornstarch, broth and wine or additional broth until smooth; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened., Remove from the heat; stir in the basil, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with pepper mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 665mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HEALTHY PASTA WITH PEPPERONI AND BELL PEPPERS
This is an economical, yummy way to get kids to eat veggies- the bell peppers take on the taste of the pepperoni to create a quick, flavourful meal. If you cannot find tomato puree, canned chopped tomatoes will do but they tend to leave a thinner sauce.
Provided by Shuzbud
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Peel and dice the onion. Core and dice the bell peppers.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and garlic. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and paprika to the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- In a separate pan, start cooking the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
- After the tomato puree mixture has simmered for 10 minutes, add the pepperoni.
- Continue to simmer for at least 5 minutes (to allow the pepperoni flavour to infuse), until the pasta is cooked.
- Divide the drained pasta among four warmed plates and top with the pepperoni mixture. Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 780.1, Fat 26.1, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 49.6, Sodium 1507.8, Carbohydrate 110.7, Fiber 9.8, Sugar 14.7, Protein 27.6
EASY PASTA WITH BELL-PEPPER AND TOMATOES
This is the best way to enjoy a pasta dish with the fresh flavour of a tomato-based sauce... by making it on your own!
Provided by Anu_N
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a pot of 1 1/2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on a medium flame, add the onions and saute until soft and translucent.
- Now add the diced tomatoes and bell-pepper strips, salt, basil, oregano and saute for about 5 minutes until the bell-peppers soften a bit.
- If you like it crispier, saute only for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss well with cooked pasta and serve hot with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.9, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 15.5, Carbohydrate 42.6, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 6.9, Protein 7.6
More about "pasta with tahini and bell pepper recipes"
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS - BAKING …
DELICIOUS TAHINI PASTA - SPLASH OF TASTE - VEGETARIAN …
10 BEST TAHINI SAUCE PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
TAHINI PASTA - EVERY LITTLE CRUMB
PASTA WITH PEPPERS, THE ITALIAN WAY - THE CLEVER MEAL
ROASTED BELL PEPPER PASTA RECIPE-PENNE PASTA IN …
LEMON TAHINI PASTA — BLAKE SWANSON
ROASTED RED PEPPER TAHINI PASTA - COLORFUL BALANCED RECIPES
CHEESY PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST GROUND BEEF BELL PEPPER PASTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
BELL PEPPER PASTA RECIPE – RED, YELLOW & ORANGE BELL PEPPERS …
TAHINI PASTA - CHEF ABBIE GELLMAN MS, RD, CDN
5-INGREDIENT LEMONY CHICKPEA AND TAHINI TAGLIATELLE | RECIPE
TAHINI NOODLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TAHINI PASTA - CROWDED KITCHEN
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO TAHINI PASTA - EAT WITH CLARITY
PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS - BILLI'S KITCHEN
CREAMY TAHINI PASTA - LEGALLY HEALTHY BLONDE
TAHINI PASTA WITH GARLIC BROCCOLI - KITCHEN ON THE AVENUE
PASTA WITH TAHINI AND BELL PEPPER - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
TAHINI-HERB PASTA SALAD RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
CREAMY TAHINI PASTA (VEGAN RECIPE) » THE FAST RECIPE FOOD BLOG
PASTA-STUFFED BELL PEPPERS | RICARDO
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND BELL PEPPER PASTA - TASTES LOVELY
PASTA WITH BELL PEPPER SAUCE - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
QUINOA AND SPINACH-BELL PEPPER VEGETABLES WITH TAHINI
CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER TAHINI SAUCE (VEGAN, OIL-FREE)
CREAMY GARLIC ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
CREAMY TAHINI PASTA WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - GET ON MY PLATE
HERBY LEMON TAHINI PASTA - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
CREAMY TAHINI PASTA (WITH GREEK YOGURT) - NIBBLE AND DINE
VEGAN CHICKPEA CUCUMBER SALAD WITH RED WINE VINEGAR & TAHINI
18 TAHINI RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love