HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE POCKETS
Make freezer-friendly homemade ham & cheese pockets with this easy recipe!
Provided by Sally
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment, combine the yeast and warm water. Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is foamy. If the yeast doesn't dissolve or foam, your yeast is dead. Start again with active yeast. Add flour, sugar, olive oil, and salt. Mix by hand or with the dough hook on low speed for 1 minute. Once all of the ingredients are mixed, slowly knead for 7 minutes by hand or with your dough hook on low-medium speed. If your dough is too wet, add up to 1/4 cup more flour. After kneading, your dough should be smooth and elastic. Poke it with your finger - if it slowly bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. If not, keep kneading.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large mixing bowl that has been greased lightly with olive oil. Turn it over to coat all sides. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm environment (about 75°F or 80°F/24°C or 27°C)* for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Once risen, punch the dough down to release the air. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife, slice dough in half. Then slice each half into quarters. You'll have 8 pieces of dough, as shown in the photo above. Flatten each piece with your fingers or use a rolling pin. You want each piece of flattened dough to be about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide. They don't have to be perfect rectangles, as you can see in my photos! Transfer flattened dough to the baking sheets. Place the cheese (I fold the slice in half) and ham (2 slices for each) on top of the dough on one side, then fold the other side over top. Pinch the edges to seal as best you can. Use a fork to crimp the edges. Brush the tops and sides of each pocket with egg wash, then slice 2-3 slits in the tops for air vents (use a super sharp knife to do that).
- Bake the pockets for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Make sure to rotate the baking sheet once or twice during bake time. Remove pockets from the oven and allow to cool on the pan until ready to handle and serve.
PEAR, HAM & CHEESE PASTRY POCKETS
I came up with this simple recipe one night for a quick dinner. It's perfect with a cup of soup for a delicious weeknight meal. -Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold each sheet of puff pastry. Cut each into 4 squares. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard over each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Brush egg over edges of pastry., On 1 corner of each square, layer ham, cheese, pear and onion. Fold opposite corner over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg., Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pockets in a freezer container, separating with waxed paper. To use, reheat pockets on a baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403 calories, Fat 21g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 540mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: warm water, yeast, sugar, all-purpose flour, sea salt, olive oil, deli ham, provolone cheese, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese
Provided by Camille Bergerson
Yield 8 pockets
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC), and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until the mixture becomes cloudy and slightly foamy.
- Add the flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil to the bowl with the yeast mixture and stir until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes.
- Wipe the large bowl clean and lightly coat with remaining oil. Place the dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a dish towel
- Set in a warm place for 20 minutes, or until the dough has nearly doubled in size.
- Once risen, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and stretch the dough into a 12x22-inch (30x56 cm) rectangle.
- Layer the ham and provolone in the center of the rectangle, lengthwise, leaving 1-2 inches (2 ½-5 cm) on the top and bottom.
- Slice the dough in half through the center, lengthwise.
- Fold each piece's center edge towards the outer edge and pat down, creating a long roll-up.
- Slice each roll into 4-5 equal pieces. Pinch the edges closed on all the pieces and place on sheet tray.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then freeze in an airtight container up to 1-2 months.
- To reheat, microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 0 grams
HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST POCKETS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: white bread, ham, cheddar cheese, unsalted butter, garlic, large eggs, salt, pepper, fresh chive
Provided by Alix Traeger
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lay out the bread on a work surface and use a glass or a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place a circle of ham in the middle of 4 slices of bread. Top with one circle of cheddar and another slice of ham.
- Place the remaining slices of bread on top and, using the lid of a mason jar or a cookie cutter, press down to create 4 pockets. Make sure the seams are closed, pinching to seal if necessary. Reserve the bread with the circle cut-outs.
- Place the pockets on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and garlic. Brush the pockets with garlic butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toasted.
- Place the reserved bread on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining garlic butter.
- Crack 1 egg into each circle, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the yolk is cooked to your preference.
- Serve the egg bread with the ham and cheese pockets and sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 0 grams
My kids and I made up this recipe one day for lunch. The juxtaposition of the Cheddar, pears, and peanut butter is yummy and decently healthy for kids. I'm sure there are a dozen variations that would be equally delicious and quick, but this is what we had on hand that day!
Provided by egruninger01
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Pastries
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine two crescent roll triangles by overlapping the seams, creating a square. Repeat with remaining dough to form 4 squares total.
- Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter in the center of each square; top each with pieces of Asian pear. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon atop pear slices; top with Cheddar cheese. Fold one corner of a square over to completely cover the fillings, creating a triangle; seal the edges together. Repeat with remaining squares. Arrange pear pockets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake on the preheated oven until dough is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 14.8 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 601.8 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
More about "pear ham cheese pastry pockets recipes"
HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY POCKETS - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
4.7/5 (32)Total Time 40 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 298 per serving
PEAR HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY POCKETS - 2 COOKIN …
Ratings 2Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | FOODAL
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - JO COOKS
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS WIFE
HAM AND CHEESE PUFFS | RECIPETIN EATS
3-INGREDIENT CHEESY HAM PUFF PASTRY POCKETS: 20-MINUTE …
CLASSIC HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS / JILL SILVERMAN HOUGH
HAM EGG AND CHEESE POCKETS - DAMN DELICIOUS
NO WASHING UP HAM, EGG & CHEESE POCKETS
BIG & CHEESY HAM POCKETS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
HAM & CHEESE POCKETS - TRULY GRASS FED
PEAR HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY POCKETS [VIDEO] | RECIPE [VIDEO ...
10 BEST HAM CHEESE PUFF PASTRY RECIPES - YUMMLY
PEAR, HAM & CHEESE PASTRY POCKETS RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY POCKETS | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
10 BEST PASTRY POCKETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE HOT POCKETS (FREEZER-FRIENDLY!)
PEAR, HAM & CHEESE PASTRY POCKETS | PEAR RECIPES, PASTRY POCKETS, …
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | RED …
PEAR, HAM & CHEESE PASTRY POCKETS | RECIPE | PASTRY …
54 DELICIOUS PEAR RECIPES YOU’LL MAKE AGAIN AND AGAIN
CHEESE AND SPINACH PUFF PASTRY POCKETS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - BEST BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH RECIPE
HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS - A MIND "FULL" MOM
PUFF PASTRY HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS - THE SEASONED MOM
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - COOK N' SHARE
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE RECIPES - FABULESSLY FRUGAL
PEAR, HAM & CHEESE PASTRY POCKETS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE …
HAM & CHEESE POCKETS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HAM, TURKEY AND CHEESE POCKETS - PINT-SIZED TREASURES
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER
HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - THROUGH THE COOKING GLASS
HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY POCKETS RECIPES
HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
EASY HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love