PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR SAUCE
I created this recipe because I have found that many pork recipes have little flavor, are too spicy, or just require too much work. My husband and I prefer sweet food rather than spicy or sour, hence a new pork recipe was born. This is delicious when served with rice and green vegetables as side dishes.
Provided by CHERYLNOLL
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium saucepan, mix the pears, brown sugar, lemon juice, pear juice, and cinnamon. Bring to boil. Cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Transfer the sauce mixture to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan, cover, and simmer 15 minutes over low heat. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the pork chops 8 minutes, turning once, until done. Drizzle with the pear sauce to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Cholesterol 60.7 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 38.3 mg, Sugar 19.6 g
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED PEARS
The recipe transforms thin supermarket pork chops into an unforgettable-juicy-tender-flavor-packed-lip-smacking pork experience. A combination of brining, marinating, and saucing. All can be prepared ahead except for the last 5 minutes of grilling.
Provided by OSORKIN
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, stir together the water, kosher salt, and sugar. Add pork chops to this brine, and let them soak for no more than one hour. Drain and discard the brine. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the olive oil, garlic, and rosemary. Place pork chops in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 or 2 hours.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by 1/2, about 10 minutes. When the vinegar cools, it should be the consistency of syrup.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high or high heat. Add the onions and pears, and quickly brown being careful to keep the wedges intact. Once the onions and pears are browned, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 7 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the reduced vinegar and salt. The recipe can be prepared up to this point several hours before grilling.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- Warm pears on a cool section of the grill (in the skillet), while placing the pork chops over the hot part. Cook pork for about 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Remove to a serving plate, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for a few minutes. Uncover, top with the pear onion sauce, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.2 g, Cholesterol 50.2 mg, Fat 30.8 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 14.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 5252.1 mg, Sugar 15.5 g
PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS
One of our favorite ways to enjoy pork chops. This produces a really delicious end result -- we hope you enjoy it!
Provided by Pianolady
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large frying pan, brown the pork chops in hot oil; drain.
- Transfer the pork chops to a shallow baking pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pear halves around the chops.
- Drizzle orange juice over all.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour sherry over all.
- Place butter in the hollow of pears.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes, until meat is tender.
- Place the pears and pork chops on a platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, stir into sauce mixture and cook until thickened.
- Pour over pork chops and pears.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475.8, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 82.7, Sodium 103, Carbohydrate 36.6, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 29.2, Protein 23.2
DECONSTRUCTED PEAR PORK CHOPS
You'll be tempted to eat this main dish right out of the pan but try to resist. These chops are sure to wow guests at the dinner table. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Sprinkle with pears and red pepper., Top with stuffing and onions. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603 calories, Fat 28g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 127mg cholesterol, Sodium 1094mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
PEAR PORK CHOPS
These pork chops make a wonderful dinner paired with crusty bread and a salad. -Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat., In a large skillet, cook chops in oil and butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm., In the same skillet, saute pear until tender. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Fat 21g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 154mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR CHUTNEY
- For chutney: In medium microwave-safe bowl, stir together shallot, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, ginger, curry powder, cinnamon stick, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper. Cover and seal with plastic wrap and heat in microwave oven on HIGH for 1 minute. Carefully remove plastic wrap and stir in pears and cranberries. Re-cover and microwave for 10 minutes more. Carefully poke holes in plastic wrap to release steam and set aside.
- For pork chops: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and heat until shimmering. Lay 4 chops in pan and sear until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook 1 more minute. Remove from pan; set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and chops. Add chutney to pan and, scrape up any brown bits from bottom using a wooden spoon. Simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in cilantro. Serve chops with chutney.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453, Fat 23 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 93 milligrams, Sodium 326 milligrams, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fiber 4.5 grams, Protein 31 grams
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR-PECAN SLAW
- Season the pork chops all over with the paprika, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; set aside. Toast the pecans in a large dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes; transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the pork chops and cook until well browned, about 6 minutes per side (a thermometer inserted sideways into the center should register 145 degrees F). Remove to a large plate and let rest.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes; remove from the heat. Add the dried cranberries, pear, scallions, vinegar and toasted pecans. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Serve the pork chops with the slaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550, Fat 30 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 147 milligrams, Sodium 499 milligrams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 46 grams, Sugar 17 grams
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR SAUCE
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pears, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook, stirring frequently and mashing the pears with a spoon, until thick and pears are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in lemon zest and vanilla. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, paprika and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub mixture over pork.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until well browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1035.2, Fat 46.5, SaturatedFat 15.6, Cholesterol 351.6, Sodium 649.5, Carbohydrate 18.6, Fiber 4, Sugar 11.4, Protein 128.7
PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS AND CIDER
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and onions with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 3 whole garlic cloves, and the leaves from a sprig of rosemary. Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are light brown and tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes and onions are in the oven, thinly slice the remaining 3 cloves of garlic. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, sliced garlic, and 4 rosemary sprigs over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet or other heavy-bottomed frying pan. Saute until the garlic is lightly golden and the olive oil is infused with flavors of garlic and rosemary. Remove the garlic slices and set aside. Discard the rosemary.
- Season the pork chops with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Return the skillet to the stove and heat the infused oil in pan over high heat. Arrange the chops in the pan and sear until nicely browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the chops and brown on the second side, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add the pears to the pan, lower the heat, and continue cooking until pears become tender and lightly brown and the chops cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove the chops and pears from the pan and pour all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.
- Pour the cider in the pan and reduce by half over medium high heat, continuously scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Add the stock and reduce by half again. Add the butter, stirring until melted, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Return the pears to the pan.
- To serve, place a chop on each of four plates, next to some roasted potatoes and onions. Spoon the pan sauce and several wedges of pear over each chop. Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves if desired.
PORK WITH PEARS
- Heat the oil in a roasting tin on the hob (use 2 rings), then add the onions, pears, most of the rosemary and seasoning. Fry for 5 mins or until just starting to caramelise.
- Heat grill to high. Season the pork, then arrange among the veg and fry for 5 mins, turning halfway until golden and cooked through. Scatter with the remaining rosemary and the cheese, grill until the cheese starts to melt, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 42 grams protein, Sodium 0.68 milligram of sodium
More about "pear pork chops recipes"
BRINED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY PEAR CHUTNEY - USA PEARS
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR AND ONION CHUTNEY | METRO
BEST PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR CHUTNEY RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
PORK CHOPS WITH ROASTED PARSNIPS, PEARS AND POTATOES RECIPE
10 BEST PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS AND APPLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY PAN SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS - FEEDING YOUR FAM
EASY SPICED PEAR PORK CHOPS | 12 TOMATOES
OVEN-BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH RED ONION AND PEAR - TODAY
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICED PEARS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
OVEN-BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH RED ONION AND PEARS - LIDIA
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR & GINGER SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PEAR-STUFFED PORK CHOPS – EDIBLE SEATTLE
SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH PEAS, CARROTS & PEARL ONIONS RECIPE
PORK CHOPS WITH CRANBERRIES AND PEARS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
PORK CHOPS WITH ROASTED PEARS, SAGE AND SHALLOTS - SIMPLE BITES
ROASTED PEARS AND PORK CHOPS - COOGAN'S KITCHEN
PAN SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH MAPLE ROASTED PEARS
BEST PORK CHOP SKILLET WITH PEAR, RED ONION, AND THYME RECIPE
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY AND PEARS RECIPE
15 BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR GLAZE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED PORK CHOPS WITH CARAMELIZED PEARS AND THYME | RECIPE
PEAR AND GINGER PORK CHOPS RECIPE - SOPHISTICATED WOMAN …
SPICED PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR RELISH | CANADIAN LIVING
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR WINE SAUCE, BAKED SWEET POTATOES AND …
PORK CHOPS AND PEARS WITH SPICY MUSTARD GREENS - SKINNYTASTE
OVEN-BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH RED ONION & PEAR | TLN
PORK CHOPS WITH SAUTéED PEARS | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
PORK CHOPS WITH PEAR SHALLOT SAUCE - GUTSY BY NATURE
BEST ROASTED PORK CHOPS AND PEARS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
PORK RECIPES, PEARS, GINGER, FALL RECIPES | THE ARTFUL GOURMET :: FOOD ...
EASY CROCKPOT PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS | MY CRAZY GOOD LIFE
PEARS AND PORK CHOPS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
HONEY PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS AND BOURBON (PAN FRIED PORK CHOPS)
PORK CHOPS AND PEARS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
10 BEST PORK CHOPS WITH PEARS AND APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love