CREAMY SAFFRON PASTA RECIPE WITH SHRIMP & SPINACH
Provided by Albert Bevia @ Spain on a Fork
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Finely mince 2 cloves of garlic, finely dice 1/2 of an onion, grab 2 cups of tightly packed bagged spinach and roughly chop, grab 12 jumbo shrimp that have been peeled and deveined, pat them dry with paper towels and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, measure out a generous cup of whole wheat penne pasta
- Fill a sauce pan a little over half way with water, season generously with sea salt, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and heat with a high heat
- At the same time heat a frying pan with a medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 minutes later add the shrimp into the frying pan and cook for 90 seconds per side, after a total cooking time of 3 minutes remove the shrimp from the pan set aside covered with foil paper to keep them warm, using the same pan with the same heat add the diced onions and minced garlic and mix with the oil, 3 minutes later add a 1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads, season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and mix together, then add a 1/4 cup of white wine and let it simmer
- At this point your water should be boiling in the sauce pan, add the whole wheat penne pasta and cook for 9 minutes to get the pasta perfectly al dente or follow the instructions on your pastas package
- After simmering the wine for 2 minutes add the spinach, place a lid on the pan and lower the fire to a low heat, 2 minutes later remove the lid, season the welted spinach with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, turn off the heat and mix together, after it slightly cools down add 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt at room temperature, season the yogurt with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, add the shrimp back into the pan and mix it together until well combined, once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the pan with the cream sauce and mix it all together until well incorporated, serve immediately, enjoy!
SCALLOPS AND PENNE PASTA IN A SAFFRON BROTH
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. In a skillet heat oil. Add garlic and saute for 10 seconds. Then add white wine, fish stock, crushed tomatoes, carrots, saffron and dried orange peel. Cover the skillet and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes or until carrots are tender. Add scallops and shrimp to the sauce. Then add snow peas and cook, uncovered for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in butter. Transfer penne to a large shallow serving dish and ladle scallops and sauce over penne.
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND HERBED CREAM SAUCE
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp, the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs. Toss together until all ingredients are coated. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
ELEGANT PENNE WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP
This is a healthy, hearty, yet elegant recipe that is good enough for guests. It is also very easy and can be made with little notice. With low-carb pasta this can a good low-carb meal idea.
Provided by MissyPorkChop
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in the white wine, and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes, butter, and asparagus; cook until the asparagus is just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and lemon juice, continue cooking until the shrimp have turned pink and are no longer translucent in the center. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the cooked penne pasta with the shrimp and asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese to garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.6 calories, Carbohydrate 37.1 g, Cholesterol 313.5 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 50.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 522.2 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
SHRIMP PENNE WITH GARLIC SAUCE
"My friends and family request this all the time. It's quick and smells so good." Christy Martell - Round Hill, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and seafood seasoning; heat through., Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488 calories, Fat 20g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 226mg cholesterol, Sodium 1205mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 37g protein.
PENNE WITH SHRIMP
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Mix in wine and tomatoes, and continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix shrimp into the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, or until opaque. Toss with pasta and top with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.3 calories, Carbohydrate 48.5 g, Cholesterol 95.1 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 24.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 398.5 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
SPICY SHRIMP & PENNE PASTA
I created this creamy pasta dish when I needed to use up some marinara. Red pepper flakes give it a little heat, which my family loves. It's super versatile, so try it with chicken, or simply stir in some fresh basil, too. -Lorri Stout, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain., In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon each butter and oil over medium-high heat. Saute 1 pound shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes until shrimp turns pink, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat., In same skillet, combine marinara sauce and cream; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in spinach until wilted. Add pasta and shrimp; toss and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 206mg cholesterol, Sodium 723mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES
Pressed for time? Cooked shrimp and refrigerated Alfredo sauce hurry along this rich pasta dish, which can be on the table for a family of six in only 20 minutes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in butter 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and liquid is evaporated. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add whipping cream; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce. Add zucchini, asparagus and pepper flakes. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp. Cook and stir 1 minute or until asparagus is crisp-tender and shrimp are thoroughly heated.
- Add cooked pasta to shrimp mixture; toss to combine. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 225 mg, Fat 7, Fiber 3 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, ServingSize 1 Serving (1 1/2 Cups), Sodium 710 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI, SHRIMP AND SAFFRON
- Place the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Working in batches, brown the zucchini rounds in the hot oil until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scoop the rounds out of the pan with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels. Repeat until all the zucchini is cooked.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, combine the stock and saffron in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil. Set aside.
- Place the skillet in which the zucchini has cooked back over high heat. If there is less than 1 tablespoon of oil remaining in the pan, add a bit more. When the oil is very hot, add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they are just cooked, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add the stock, basil and butter, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add it to the pan with the sauce. Toss quickly over low heat until combined. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 738, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 95 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 34 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1140 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
Paprika, cumin, and ginger lend their aromatic alchemy to a simple, no-cook tomato sauce. You can use the sauce with a wide range of ingredients(see Variations). One variation is vegetarian. With its competing spices, strong-flavored cilantro, and acidic tomatoes, this pasta dish calls for a simple Italian white--a pinot grigio, for example. Notes: I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the olive oil and the lemon juice with the paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and the cilantro.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the penne rigate until almost done, about 12 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until it and the pasta are just done, about 1 minute longer. Drain. Toss with the tomato sauce.
- Penne with Mozzarella and Spicy Tomato Sauce;Use 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, in place of the shrimp. Toss the cheese in at the end.
- Penne with Sausage and Spicy Tomato Sauce;Use grilled sausage cut into bite-size pieces in place of the shrimp. Toss the sausage into the pasta with the tomato sauce.
- Penne with Grilled Vegetables and Spicy Tomato Sauce;In place of the shrimp, use grilled or sautéed vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, or green beans, cut into bite-size pieces. Toss the vegetables into the pasta with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.3, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 172.8, Sodium 465.8, Carbohydrate 66.2, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 1.7, Protein 34.6
More about "penne pasta shrimp with saffron sauc recipes"
ONE-POT SAFFRON PENNE PASTA WITH SHRIMP & COCKLES
Reviews 2Servings 2Cuisine SpanishCategory Main Course
- Finely mince 3 cloves of garlic, finely dice 1/2 onion, pat down 12 jumbo shrimp that have been peeled and deveined (I bought mine frozen and thawed them out) with paper towels, then season them with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, rinse 1 pound of fresh cockles or clams under cold running water, scrub them clean if they´re not already cleaned
- Heat a saute pan with a medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, 2 minutes later add the shrimps seasoned side down and cook for 1 minute per side, then transfer the shrimps to a bowl and cover with foil paper to keep them warm
- Using the same pan with the same heat add the diced onions and minced garlic and mix around with the oil, 2 minutes later add a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, season with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and a pinch of white sugar, mix it all together until well combined, then add a 1/4 cup of white wine and cook for 2 more minutes, then add 2 cups of water, pinch in 1/2 tsp of saffron threads and a pinch of sea salt, give it a quick mix and bring to a boil
- Once the water comes to a boil add 2 1/2 cups of penne pasta into the pan and give it a gently mix, you can stir this occasionally, after 8 minutes add the shrimps back into the pan, the cockles (or clams), place a lid on the pan and lower the fire to a low-medium heat, after 4 to 5 minutes everything should be perfectly cooked, remove the lid and serve directly from the pan, garnish with freshly chopped chives, enjoy!
10 BEST SHRIMP PENNE PASTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
HOLIDAY ONE POT PASTA RECIPE WITH SHRIMP AND CREAMY SAFFRON SAUCE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SPICY PARMESAN SHRIMP PASTA - DAMN DELICIOUS
ONE-POT SAFFRON PENNE PASTA WITH SHRIMP & COCKLES - MY RECIPE …
SPICY SAFFRON-SHRIMP PASTA - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
CREAMY SHRIMP PENNE PASTA WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - WHAT'S IN THE PAN?
CHEESE SHRIMP PENNE PASTA & SPINACH – RECIPES AND KITCHEN
SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA - THE SEASONED MOM
SHRIMP ALFREDO LINGUINE WITH SAFFRON - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
10 BEST PENNE PASTA ALFREDO WITH SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST TUSCAN SHRIMP PENNE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TUSCAN SHRIMP …
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
SAFFRON CARBONARA WITH SHRIMP | DAVINCI SIGNATURE
PENNE PASTA WITH SHRIMP | MY DANISH KITCHEN
SPICY ARRABBIATA SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTER AND GARLIC SHRIMP PENNE - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
SHRIMP PENNE PASTA - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
SHRIMP LINGUINE WITH GARLIC AND SAFFRON CREAM - SPOON FORK BACON
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND CREAMY SAUCE | SO DELICIOUS
PENNE RECIPE WITH SHRIMP SAUCE — MY SWEET RECIPES
SAFFRON SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE BY MATT SULEM - THE DAILY MEAL
SHRIMP LINGUINE WITH SAFFRON CREAM SAUCE - KITCHEN GIDGET
PENNE WITH SAFFRON CREAM SAUCE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
SHRIMP ALFREDO PENNE PASTA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SHRIMP PENNE PASTA ALFREDO / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
BEST SAUTEED SHRIMP WITH PENNE IN A FENNEL CREAM TOMATO SAUCE …
PENNE WITH SHRIMP PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
PENNE IN SHRIMP – SAFFRON SAUCE
SHRIMP PASTA WITH FRESH TOMATOES · MY THREE SEASONS
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP PENNE - THE COMPLETE SAVORIST
BARILLA VEGGIE PENNE PASTA SALAD RECIPE WITH SHRIMP, SAFFRON, …
CREAMY SHRIMP PARMESAN PASTA - EASY SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE!
CREAMY SAFFRON AND SHRIMP PASTA - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
You'll also love