BLACKENED SALMON WITH SPINACH AND BLACK-EYED PEAS
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt, pepper and the Cajun seasoning; set aside. (If your Cajun seasoning contains salt, do not season the salmon with additional salt.) Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the celery and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until the celery starts to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in 2 sliced scallions and the garlic; cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add the black-eyed peas and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, then uncover and reduce to a simmer. Mash about 1/4 cup of the beans against the side of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer until the broth is thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Rub the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil all over the salmon. Add to the skillet, curved-side down; reduce the heat to medium high and cook until blackened on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare to medium.
- Add the spinach and hot sauce to the beans; stir until wilted, about 30 seconds. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Divide the beans and salmon among shallow bowls. Top with the remaining sliced scallion.
LEMON SALMON WITH LIMA BEANS
- Slice 1 lemon half into 4 thin rounds and set aside. Grate the zest of the other lemon half and set aside; squeeze some of the juice into a bowl and mix in the yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon paprika. Preheat the broiler. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add the lima beans, 1 1/2 cups water and the lemon zest; partially cover the pan, bring to a simmer and cook until the beans are tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, 1 tablespoon of the yogurt mixture and the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Meanwhile, mix the remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Sprinkle all over the salmon; arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and top each fillet with a lemon slice. Broil until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with the lima beans and top with the yogurt mixture.
- Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Fat 8 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 81 milligrams, Sodium 655 milligrams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 40 grams
LIME-MARINATED GRILLED SALMON
The fresh lime juice and mustard add a nice tang to this moist and flaky grilled salmon. I came up with this marinade after tasting something similar at a friend's house and it is now one of our favorite ways to do fish. You may also use other firm fish steaks instead of salmon; halibut, tuna and swordfish all work well.
Provided by whodunitrdr
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, mustard, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Remove the salmon from marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 10 minutes per side depending on thickness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 83.7 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 29.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 144.1 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
EASY LEMON-PEPPER BLACKENED SALMON
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together the butter, lemon juice, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the peppercorns. Dip the salmon into the sauce so the flesh side is coated, and set on a plate,
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to smoke, add the salmon, placing it skin side up into the skillet. Cook for until the flesh is seared and golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Place the skillet into the preheated oven, and cook until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 83.1 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 109.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
GRILLED SALMON WITH BLACK BEANS AND PIMENT D'ESPELETTE MAYONNAISE
- Whisk 1/3 cup olive oil, pressed garlic, lemon peel, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in small bowl. Place fish, skin side down, in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Brush marinade over top and sides of fish. Cover; chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, tomatoes, chiles, and minced garlic. Sauté until vegetables are just soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in black beans and cumin. Reduce heat to medium and cook until flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead; let stand at room temperature.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Arrange fish, skin side up, on rack; spray skin. Grill fish 4 to 5 minutes; turn over. Grill until fish is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes longer, depending on thickness.
- Rewarm beans with 1/4 cup water over medium heat; mix in chopped cilantro. Place 1/2 cup beans on each plate; top with fish and dollop of Piment d'Espelette Mayonnaise ; garnish with cilantro leaves.
PEPPER LIME SALMON WITH BLACK-EYED BEANS
- Heat the grill to hot. Roll the salmon in the Creole seasoning to cover. Cook the basmati rice following pack instructions, adding the black-eyed beans for the final 2 mins of cooking. Drain, place back in the pot and cover with a lid.
- Grill the salmon fillets for about 8 mins without turning. While they cook, mix together the pepper sauce, honey and lime juice. Stir the coriander through the rice, drizzle the sauce over the salmon, scatter with extra coriander leaves, and serve with the lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 67 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 41 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
LIME-AND-HONEY GLAZED SALMON WITH WARM BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD
Make and share this Lime-And-Honey Glazed Salmon With Warm Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
Provided by logan
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- *black bean corn salad.
- Preheat medium to large skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and corn and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken stock and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add black beans and cook until beans are just heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat and add juice of 1 lime, cilantro and spinach.
- Toss to wilt spinach.
- *Lime and honey glazed salmon.
- Preheat a medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- In shallow dish combine: juice of 1 lime, honey, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Add salmon fillets and toss to coat.
- Add salmon to hot skillet and cook until done (3-4 minutes each side).
- Serve salmon over bed of black bean corn salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.9, Fat 22.9, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 78.3, Sodium 224, Carbohydrate 57.9, Fiber 11.9, Sugar 16.7, Protein 46.7
BROILED SALMON WITH BLACK PEPPER AND LIME RUB
- Preheat broiler.
- Place salmon, skin sides down, on a coated broiler pan.
- Rub lime zest, salt, peper and garlic over the fish.
- Broil for 7 minutes, the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
More about "pepper lime salmon with black eyed beans recipes"
CHILI LIME BAKED SALMON WITH POTATOES AND BEANS
LIME AND BLACK PEPPER SALMON | THE HEALTHY HUNTER
BLACKENED SALMON (READY IN ONLY 20 MINUTES!) - CHEF …
LIME AND HONEY GLAZED SALMON WITH BLACK BEAN AND CORN …
10 BEST BLACK EYED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHEET-PAN CHILI-LIME SALMON WITH POTATOES & PEPPERS …
LIME AND HONEY GLAZED SALMON WITH WARM BLACK BEAN …
PEPPER LIME SALMON WITH BLACK-EYED BEANS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GRILLED SALMON WITH BLACK BEANS AND COCONUT-LIME RICE AND …
SALMON AND BLACK BEAN BURGERS WITH CUMIN AND LIME DRESSING
MEDITERRANEAN BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD WITH SMOKED SALMON
PAN-SEARED SALMON WITH BLACK-EYED PEA RELISH
SALMON AND BLACK BEAN TOSTADAS WITH CILANTRO LIME SLAW AND …
CHINESE BLACK BEAN SALMON - ELLIEMAY.COM
GRILLED SALMON WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA - COOK THIS AGAIN MOM
PEPPER LIME SALMON WITH BLACK-EYED BEANS | RECIPE
PEPPER LIME SALMON WITH BLACK-EYED BEANS - BBC GOOD …
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | PEPPER-LIME-SALMON-WITH-BLACK …
10 BEST SALMON BLACK BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUINOA WITH SALMON & BLACK BEANS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
RECIPE: SPICY SALMON BLACK BEAN SALAD - FOOD NEWS
LIME AND HONEY GLAZED SALMON WITH WARM BLACK BEAN ... - FIND …
CHILI LIME SALMON WITH ESQUITES - GIMME SOME OVEN
BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH BLACK-EYED PEAS - CHEF ASILI
10 BEST SALMON BLACK BEANS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BLACKENED SALMON WITH PEAS AND GREENS RECIPE - TODAY.COM
BAKED LIME SALMON - BRAZILIAN KITCHEN ABROAD
GRILLED LIME BUTTER SALMON IN FOIL WITH SUMMER VEGGIES - THE …
ROASTED SALMON WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA - SERVING DUMPLINGS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook salmon and beans in the oven?Pile the beans into one corn of the tray (don't spread them out, they will overcook). Sprinkle over the salt and pepper all over everything on the tray. Drizzle some Marinade on each salmon, then place the tray into the oven and bake for 4 minutes per 1/2 inch / 5 minutes per 1.5 cm of thickness (thickest part of the salmon).
How to cook salmon with peas and Greens?Turn the heat back on under the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Use a spatula to turn the salmon to the other side. Cook the salmon over medium heat, until the skin becomes crispy, about 5 to 6 minutes. 5. When the pieces of salmon are done, place the peas and greens mixture in four plates.
How to cook salmon in a pan with peppers?Coat the salmon with the remaining spice mixture. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Add the peppers and stir to combine. Roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven; move some of the vegetables over and add the salmon to the pan. Roast until the salmon is just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
How to make salmon fillet with Lime butter?Sear salmon: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot add in salmon, blackening side down. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Take off of the heat. When the salmon is cool enough to handle peel off the skin. Make the lime butter: In a small bowl combine melted butter, lime zest, salt and pepper.