BEST ROAST BEEF
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C), and heat a large thick-bottomed roasting tray on the stovetop.
- Rub the beef generously with salt, then add a little olive oil to the tray and lightly color the meat for a couple of minutes on all sides.
- Lay the onions and bulbs of garlic in the tray with the beef on top of them, then cook in the pre-heated oven for a total of 1 1/2 hours.
- While the beef is roasting, parboil your potatoes in salted boiling water for around 10 minutes and drain in a colander. Toss about to chuff them up, this will make them really crispy.
- After 30 minutes, take the tray out and toss in your potatoes and rosemary. With a garlic press or grater, squeeze or grate the cloves of garlic and ginger over everything in the tray.
- Shake the tray and whack it back in the oven for the final hour. Remove the potatoes to a dish to keep warm, place the beef on a plate, covered with foil, to rest, and get your greens and Yorkshire puddings on.
- Remove most of the fat from your roasting tray and you should be left with caramelized onions and sticky beef goodness.
- Add 1 teaspoon of flour to the tray and mash everything together. Heat the tray on the stovetop and when hot, add the red wine. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until your gravy is really tasty and coats back of a spoon. Add any juice from the beef and feel free to add some water or stock to thin the gravy if you like.
- Pour through a coarse sieve and push it through with a spoon, pushing it through with a spoon, and serve in a warmed gravy jug. Serve with Yorkshire puddings.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix the batter ingredients together. Let rest for 10 minutes
- Preheat a Yorkshire pudding tray or muffin tin with 1/2-inch (1 centimeter) of oil in each section. After the 10 minutes divide the batter into the tray. Cook for around 15 to 20 minutes until crisp and puffy, don't open the oven door before then or they won't rise.
PERFECT POT ROAST
Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Fresh rosemary and thyme add rich, herbal resonance to this hearty roast.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender.
PERFECT ROAST BEEF
A simple way to roast topside of beef to ensure it's super succulent, every time
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Categories Beef Recipes Jamie's Ministry of Food Beef Christmas
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Remove the beef from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it, to let it come up to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/ gas 9.
- Wash and roughly chop the vegetables - there's no need to peel them. Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them unpeeled.
- Pile all the veg, garlic and herbs into the middle of a large roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
- Drizzle the beef with oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper, then rub all over the meat. Place the beef on top of the vegetables.
- Place the tray in the oven, then turn the heat down immediately to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and cook for 1 hour for medium beef. If you prefer it medium-rare, take it out 5 to 10 minutes earlier. For well done, leave it in for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- If you're doing roast potatoes and veggies, this is the time to crack on with them - get them into the oven for the last 45 minutes of cooking.
- Baste the beef halfway through cooking and if the veg look dry, add a splash of water to the tray to stop them from burning.
- When the beef is cooked to your liking, take the tray out of the oven and transfer the beef to a board to rest for 15 minutes or so. Cover it with a layer of tin foil and a tea towel and leave aside while you make your gravy, horseradish sauce and Yorkshire puddings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564 calories, Fat 35 g fat, SaturatedFat 14 g saturated fat, Protein 52.8 g protein, Carbohydrate 9.8 g carbohydrate, Sugar 6.2 g sugar, Sodium 1.0 g salt, Fiber 2.2 g fibre
A PERFECT EYE OF ROUND ROAST BEEF
Without fail, my mother-in-law made an eye of round roast beef for Sunday dinner every week. While I tried to do so myself, I always had varying results. Sometimes, I overcooked it, and other times, it was too rare. I finally discovered this method that produced a perfect roast beef every time, that was medium, and even rarer in the center, and pleased all of our tastes. The key is to use an eye of round roast (or any well-rounded and even-shaped roast). The seasonings are up to you. I listed very basic seasonings, but I use different meat rubs at times, or whatever I'm in the mood for. While there are not enough pan drippings to make gravy, the juices make a lovely au jus to accompany the beef. This works for any size roast and couldn't be easier.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 1 beef roast
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If desired, trim off excess fat from roast beef. Season with salt and pepper (and paprika, if desired). Rub meat with vegetable oil.
- Place meat in roasting pan in preheated oven.
- Roast beef for 5 minutes per pound. Then turn off oven. DO NOT OPEN OVEN FOR 2 HOURS! (For example, a 4-lb. roast would take 20 minutes to cook and then sit in the turned-off oven for 2 hours.).
AWESOME ROAST BEEF
This rump roast in mushroom soup and beef broth is tender and very moist. It's made in the slow cooker, and is very easy to make. Raw vegetables, such as carrots and potatoes, may be added at the start of the cooking time, if desired. My whole family loves this recipe. The leftovers also make great roast beef sandwiches.
Provided by Dawn
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place rump roast in a slow cooker. Pour in condensed cream of mushroom soup and condensed beef broth. Cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.1 calories, Carbohydrate 3.3 g, Cholesterol 87.7 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 658.4 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
SHIRLEY'S PERFECT RARE ROAST BEEF
My mom showed me how to make the perfect roast beef, and I mean PERFECT! I love my roast beef rare to med-rare, and this is how I do it. IMPORTANT: Take your roast out of the fridge, and let it set to get it to room temperature before baking! If you like really rare bake for 15 mins. at 500. If you like your roast beef cooked med-rare, put in for 18 mins. at 500. If you like it well done, then just burn the darn thing LOL. What's nice about this roast is, if someone likes it done a little more, please keep in mind that the end pieces will be done a little more. ***(The roast in the series of photos that I took was a 2.75 lb. bottom of the round roast. I baked it at 500 for 15 mins., then turned the oven off and left it in the oven for 1 hour for a rare roast.) The cooking time is 5 minutes per pound but I couldn't reflect that in the cooking time in the TIME section for the recipe, at the bottom so I just put in 15-30 mins, depending on size of the roast you use (3-6 lb)
Provided by Lindas Busy Kitchen
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Wait for a few minutes before you put your roast in, so it gets as hot as possible.
- Put the roast in a shallow pan. (I use a cookie sheet).
- Cut onion into thin rings, and put all over the top and sides of the roast using toothpicks if necessary. I sit a few slices on the bottom of my roast too.
- Sprinkle roast generously with garlic powder, or to your liking. DO NOT SALT roast, or you will dry it out.
- Put roast in the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 5 minutes per pound, then shut off oven, and let sit in the oven for 1 hour. DO NOT under any circumstances open the oven door! VERY IMPORTANT!
- After you turn off the oven and your roast has baked for l hour, take it out of the oven, and let sit for 15 minutes, to allow juices to distribute in the roast.
- I use my electric knife to cut my roast, and place on a serving dish.
- Don't forget to make the gravy!
BEST EVER ROAST BEEF
This is the best roast beef recipe ever, and it's great for family dinners! Cube leftover meat and save any extra sauce; they'll add new flavor to basic fried rice. -Caroline Flynn, Troy, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add onion and 1-1/3 cups water. In a small bowl, combine the soup, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 7-8 hours., Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 718 calories, Fat 29g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 199mg cholesterol, Sodium 1056mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (40g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 62g protein.
ALL AMERICAN ROAST BEEF
This is your basic everyday eye round roast beef. Simply cooked to perfection. Serve it to family or company. The secret is in the time cooked. 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees.
Provided by RCP80
Categories Everyday Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). If roast is untied, tie at 3 inch intervals with cotton twine. Place roast in pan, and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add more or less seasonings to taste.
- Roast in oven for 60 minutes (20 minutes per pound). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.2 g, Cholesterol 138.3 mg, Fat 32.4 g, Protein 44.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 271.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "perfect roast beef recipes"
BEST ROAST BEEF RECIPE - HOW TO COOK PERFECT ROAST BEEF …
5/5 (41)Total Time 4 hrs 10 mins
- Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325° and roast 1 hours 45 minutes more for medium, or 2 hours for medium well done.
HOW TO COOK ROAST BEEF | ALLRECIPES
Author Mary Claire LagroueEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT ROAST BEEF IN THE OVEN
THE PERFECT ROAST BEEF - CLOSET COOKING
THE PERFECT ROAST BEEF RECIPE FOR DINNER - EVERYDAY …
THE BEST OVEN ROAST BEEF | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
RECIPE: THE PERFECT ROAST BEEF - STEAK SCHOOL BY …
CLASSIC ROAST BEEF RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PERFECT POT ROAST - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GRANDMA'S BEST ROAST BEEF RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
PERFECT OVEN ROAST BEEF RECIPE :: YUMMYMUMMYCLUB.CA
21 PERFECTLY JUICY ROAST BEEF RECIPES FOR SUNDAY SUPPER
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Jamie Oliver’s Sunday Roast. russet potatoes, unsalted butter and 12 more. Jamie Oliver’s Sunday Roast by Leite's Culinaria. Of course, it only makes sense to start with a recipe from one of the U.K.’
- Mustard Roast Beef. thyme leaves, beef rib eye and 4 more. Mustard Roast Beef by Donna Hay. Donna Hay, the Australian cookbook author, uses a boneless beef rib-eye for her Sunday roast beef recipe, which, after searing on the stovetop, is slathered in mustard seeds and thyme and roasted for about an hour and a half total time.
- Air Fryer Roast Beef. salt, beef roast, medium onion and 2 more. Air Fryer Roast Beef by Love Food not Cooking. For those of us who have an air fryer, this recipe from Love Food Not Cooking is another, less-greasy-but-still-flavorful option.
- Stupid-Simple Roast Beef with Horseradish Cream. prepared horseradish, beef roast and 3 more. Stupid-Simple Roast Beef with Horseradish Cream by Food and Wine.
- Garlic Lover’s Roast Beef. kosher salt, olive oil spray and 5 more. Garlic Lover’s Roast Beef by Skinnytaste. Skinnytaste hides slivers of garlic cloves throughout a 3-pound beef roast or eye of round roast, so that there’s garlic in just about every bite.
- Herb Rubbed Top Round Roast Beef. fresh thyme, olive oil, unsalted butter and 6 more. Herb Rubbed Top Round Roast Beef by Girl Carnivore. This roast beef recipe from Girl Carnivore checks all the boxes.
- Keto Garlic Butter Roast Beef. boneless beef bottom round and 4 more. Keto Garlic Butter Roast Beef by Yummly. Yummly Original. Truer words were never said: Everything can be made better with garlic butter, even roast beef!
- Bottom Round Roast Beef. In this otherwise straightforward roast beef recipe, from Foodista, it’s the spices that make the difference: turmeric, cinnamon, garlic powder and paprika.
- Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Roast. coffee beans, black peppercorns and 4 more. Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Roast by Food52. Or try coffee! This recipe uses whole Peruvian coffee beans, ground peppercorns, salt, and dried garlic to coat a decadent ribeye roast.
- Marinade Injected Beef Roast. beef roast, onion powder, garlic powder and 5 more. Marinade Injected Beef Roast by oldfatguy.ca. In this recipe, a marinade of beef stock, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce is injected into a top sirloin roast before roasting.
PERFECT ROAST BEEF RECIPE: TEMPERATURE, COOK TIME, HOW …
3.1/5 (308)Category Dinner
- Drain the roast drippings from the pan through a mesh sieve into a medium saucepan, keeping out any vegetable pieces or skins. Cook over high heat until it begins to boil, but be careful not to burn it.
PERFECT OVEN ROAST BEEF RECIPE :: YUMMYMUMMYCLUB.CA
RIDICULOUSLY GOOD ROAST BEEF RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
PERFECT ROAST BEEF (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
CLASSIC ROAST BEEF - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT ROAST BEEF - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO COOK PERFECT ROAST BEEF | JAMIE OLIVER - YOUTUBE
HOW TO COOK PERFECT MINIATURE ROAST BEEF DINNER | TINY ROAST BEEF ...
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT SLOW ROAST BEEF - DAYS OF JAY
BEST POT ROAST RECIPE - PIONEER WOMAN POT ROAST
PERFECT ROAST BEEF — WORTHY PAUSE
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT ROAST BEEF DINNER | GORDON RAMSAY
PERFECT ROAST BEEF - COMFORTABLE FOOD
ROAST BEEF - JO COOKS
PERFECT ROAST BEEF — MARK BITTMAN
BEST ROAST BEEF RECIPE - HOW TO COOK PERFECT ROAST BEEF IN THE …
HOW TO A MAKE PERFECT ROAST BEEF - THE DELICIOUS SPOON
PERFECT ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROAST BEEF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ESSENTIAL - PERFECT ROAST BEEF – THE 2 SPOONS
THE PERFECT ROAST BEEF DONE TO MEDIUM RARE - COOK N' SHARE
HOW TO ROAST BEEF TO PERFECTION - RECIPES, COOKING TIPS AND MORE
SLOW-ROASTED OVEN RECIPE FOR PERFECT ROAST BEEF - DELISHABLY
ROAST BEEF CROSTINI - PEANUT BLOSSOM
PERFECT ROAST BEEF RECIPE - REDHEAD CAN DECORATE
PERFECT ROAST BEEF - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
PERFECT ROAST BEEF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BEST CUT OF BEEF FOR ROAST BEEF - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #oven #dinner-party #dietary #low-sodium #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love