PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO
- Place two large skillets over medium heat, pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into each, and heat the oil until it ripples. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, divide between the two skillets, and fry until golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. Use screens over the skillets, if needed, to control spattering. Remove the chicken from the skillets, and drain on paper towels.
- Place the cilantro leaves, garlic, aji pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and orange juice into a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into one of the skillets, bring to a simmer, and cook and stir over medium-low heat until the mixture turns from bright to dark green, about 5 minutes.
- Place the chopped onions into the other skillet, and cook and stir over medium-low heat until the onions turn translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the rice, and cook and stir until the rice starts to turn opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the white wine into the blender and pulse a few times to rinse off any extra cilantro mixture from the blender, and pour the wine into the skillet containing the cilantro mixture. Bring the mixture back to a simmer over medium heat, scrape the rice and onions into the cilantro mixture, stir in the chicken broth and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Place the browned chicken pieces and carrots into the skillet, stir to combine, and cover. Reduce heat, and cook until the rice is separate and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, place the pepper rings on the rice, and sprinkle with frozen peas. Cover and cook without stirring until the peppers and peas are tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover the skillet and allow the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 738.5 calories, Carbohydrate 65.2 g, Cholesterol 135.6 mg, Fat 29.7 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 45.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 197.6 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO (PERUVIAN RICE AND CHICKEN)
This is a Peruvian rice and chicken dish made with cilantro and a special Peruvian kick. It's very delicious, my Peruvian father-in-law said that mine was even better then his sister's - who is one of the best cooks in the family (besides my mother-in-law)! Goes great with Huancaina sauce and salsa Criolla.
Provided by Amber Berrocal
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom. Brown chicken in the hot oil on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes total. Remove chicken onto a plate.
- Pour more oil into the pan and add onion; saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro, chile paste, salt, and pepper and saute until cilantro turns dark green, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and deglaze, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Bring to a light simmer; let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture carefully to an electric blender and puree.
- Heat more oil in the same pan over medium-high heat; saute bell pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Return cilantro mixture to the pan and add chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan. Add water and rice, adding more water if it doesn't look like enough. Bring to a boil; place a lid on the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 20 to 40 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots and chicken and warm through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.3 calories, Carbohydrate 60.3 g, Cholesterol 32.8 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 208.7 mg, Sugar 2 g
PERUVIAN ARROZ VERDE CON POLLO
Peruvian food is a little strange for me. The first dish I had was with raw fish.I cringed at hearing the words "raw fish". Surprisingly, it was delicious. Last nite, a Peruvian friend came over and cooked something that completely blew my tastebuds and I craved for even more. She cooked Arroz con Pollo a la Peru.
Provided by rainna
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Fry in oil until golden brown and remove from fire. Leave to cool.
- In the same oil, saute the chopped garlic, onion, bell peppers and cilantro. You can also use really red hot firebird peppers if you like it spicy.
- Add the chicken and stir for 2 - 3 minutes. Add beer and simmer for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Add the rice and mixed peas. Mix well for a couple of minutes. Add chicken stock (salt if needed) and simmer for another 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and slightly burnt at the bottom.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 2.2, Sodium 118.3, Carbohydrate 73.8, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.9, Protein 9.2
ARROZ CON POLLO VERDE
Peruvian arroz con pollo stands apart from other versions of chicken and rice across Latin America thanks to the addition of a bright green cilantro purée and aji amarillo, a fruity yellow hot pepper that's similar in flavor to habaneros or scotch bonnets. Traditionally, the dish contains choclo, very large and chewy Peruvian corn kernels with earthy flavor. Cooked canned hominy makes a great substitute that offers a similar taste and texture. This one-pot homestyle dish is commonly served with salsa criolla, a tangy and spicy red onion relish, but a Louisiana-style hot sauce is a good alternative.
Provided by Kay Chun
Categories grains and rice, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a blender, combine cilantro and 6 tablespoons of water, and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium. Add half the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning halfway, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the onion to the empty pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and hominy, season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined, 30 seconds. Add broth, aji amarillo paste, bell pepper and reserved cilantro purée, scraping the bottom of the pot to remove any browned bits.
- Nestle the chicken with any accumulated juices into the pot, and bring to a boil over high. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender and all of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with peas, then cover and steam for 3 minutes. Turn off heat, and fluff rice with a fork. Divide arroz con pollo in bowls and serve with salsa criolla or hot sauce.
ARROZ CON POLLO PERUANO
This dish of green rice with chicken is a staple in most Peruvian households. On special occasions it is made with goat or duck meat, and chicha de jora (fermented corn beer) instead of store-bought beer. No matter which way you make it, this easy cilantro rice dish is extremely fragrant and full of flavor. I like to serve it alongside another Peruvian staple of quick pickled red onions for added brightness and crunch.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the arroz con pollo peruano: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a 3.5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and place in a medium bowl. Season with the cumin, oregano, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat evenly with the spices. Add the chicken to the Dutch oven and cook until golden on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Combine the garlic, cilantro, bell pepper, onion and beer in a blender until smooth, 15 to 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a plate. Add the cilantro sauce and remaining 2 teaspoons salt to the Dutch oven, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Lower to medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until is reduced by about half and becomes a thick sauce, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the quick pickled red onions.
- For the quick pickled red onions: Rinse and drain the onions in a small bowl 2 to 3 times under cold water to wash away the harsh onion flavor. Toss with the lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash and rinse the rice until the water runs almost clear, 3 to 4 rinses. Set aside.
- Stir the rinsed rice, peas and carrots into the reduced cilantro sauce until the rice and vegetables are evenly coated with the sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the seared chicken along with any juices that have collected and 1 1/2 cups water until combined. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover immediately and bake in the oven until the rice is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the arroz verde con pollo finishes cooking, preheat a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Swirl in the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil so it coats the bottom of the pan. Crack an egg into a small bowl and then carefully pour it into the preheated pan. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Fry until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the arroz con pollo from the oven and serve with the pickled red onions and fried eggs.
More about "peruvian arroz con pollo recipes"
ARROZ CON POLLO PERUANO: PERUVIAN RICE WITH CHICKEN
5/5 (1)Category Lunch, Main CourseCuisine PeruvianCalories 806 per serving
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and fry in a frying pan over a medium heat until sealed all over (not cooked inside). Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pot, lightly fry the onion, garlic paste and ají amarillo paste, ají panca paste and cumin for two minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the cilantro paste, mix well and let the ingredients cook for another five minutes, or until the onion is soft.
PERUVIAN-STYLE ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE - RICARDO ZARATE
Servings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and chiles and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened and golden. Transfer to the blender, add the feta and puree until smooth. Season the feta huancaina with salt and pepper.
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the carrot, season with salt and cook over moderately high heat until softened and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until the rice resembles risotto, about 5 minutes.
PERU SPECIAL: ARROZ CON POLLO OR RICE WITH CHICKEN
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO (CHICKEN WITH RICE) | KNOW MSG
ARROZ CON POLLO - PERUVIAN RECIPE | CHICKEN AND RICE | PERU
ARROZ CON POLLO - PERUVIANFOOD
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO (RICE COOKER) FAST MEAL - MANUEL OBLITAS
ARROZ CON POLLO | 4TH GENERATION PERUVIAN RECIPES
PERUVIAN GREEN ARROZ CON POLLO WITH SALSA CRIOLLA - A COZY …
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO: CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
PERUVIAN RECIPE: ARROZ CON POLLO - TRAVELING AND LIVING IN …
#MEATLESSMONDAYS - VEGETARIAN ARROZ CON POLLO | PERU DELIGHTS
ARROZ CON POLLO PERUVIAN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SAVORY ARROZ CON POLLO, PERUVIAN CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO RICE
PERUVIAN GREEN ARROZ CON POLLO (THERMOMIX® RECIPE)
ARROZ CHAUFA DE POLLO: MOUTH-WATERING CHINESE-PERUVIAN FRIED RICE
ARROZ CON PATO RECIPE - CHEF'S PENCIL
ARROZ CON POLLO (PERUVIAN STYLE) - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE WITH JASMINE BROWN RICE
ARROZ CON POLLO PERUANO - GONNA WANT SECONDS
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO - PISCO TRAIL
ARROZ CON POLLO / ARROZ CON CAMARONES - LIMAEASY
BEST PERUVIAN-STYLE ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE - 177MILKSTREET.COM
ARROZ CON POLLO, LIGHTENED UP (LATIN CHICKEN AND RICE)
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO - PERUVIAN - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO - ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE RECETA - PERU DELIGHTS
ARROZ CON POLLO VERDE (GREEN CHICKEN WITH RICE) RECIPE
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE RECIPE
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO – CHICKEN WITH GREEN RICE RECIPE
ARROZ CON POLLO - CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - A COZY KITCHEN
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PERUVIAN RICE AND CHICKEN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE ARROZ CON POLLO PERUVIAN – DELICIOUS CHICKEN GREEN …
ARROZ CON POLLO PERUANO RECIPE RECIPES
ARROZ CON POLLO PERUVIAN RECIPE WITH JASMINE RICE | MAHATMA® RICE
ARROZ CHAUFA (PERUVIAN-STYLE FRIED RICE RECIPE) | CAROLINA® RICE
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO OR CHICKEN WITH RICE IN …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is arroz con pollo Peruano?Peruvian Spanish is as rich in metaphors as its cuisine is varied, and arroz con pollo peruano can definitely be described as “more Peruvian than the potato itself”. Crispy, fried chicken pieces lie on a mountain of rice speckled with carrot cubes, peas and red bell pepper.
Does arroz con pollo have orange juice on it?Peruvian Arroz con Pollo has no Orange juice or wine on it.... The original and delicious recipe is with beer and chicken broth...and for it not to get too mushy the quantity of liquid has to be the same amount as the rice...if it is 2 cups of rice the you add 2 cups of liquid. Read More
What is Peruvian rice and chicken?This is a Peruvian rice and chicken dish made with cilantro and a special Peruvian kick. It's very delicious, my Peruvian father-in-law said that mine was even better then his sister's - who is one of the best cooks in the family (besides my mother-in-law)!
How do you make Peruvian rice with salsa?Blend with 1/2 tomato (cut into very thin strips), cilantro leaves, salt, pepper, lemon juice from one lemon and one tablespoon of olive oil. If you wish, you may add pepper strips. Many Peruvians serve this rice with salsa huancaína (spicy cheese sauce), in addition to the traditional salsa criolla.