CHILI CON CARNE II
- In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onion, chile pepper and garlic until soft. Add ground beef: cook and stir until meat is browned.
- Pour in tomatoes with liquid, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans, and cook another 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Carbohydrate 32.5 g, Cholesterol 61.5 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 916.8 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE
This chili recipe is many years in the making and I have won several awards with it. I think you'll be pleased with it. You can alter it to your own spice levels to achieve your perfect chili. Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese, and use corn chips for dipping.
Provided by CHEFJIMMY
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper, and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Crumble over bouillon cubes, and stir in wine; continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic, and tomato paste. Season with paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, and parsley. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans, and hot pepper sauce. You can add the reserved tomato juice if more liquid is needed. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, and water until smooth. Stir into chili, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until chili has thickened up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 85.8 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 1211.6 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
CHILI CON CARNE
At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. -Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings ( 2 1/2 qt.)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef. Drain and set aside. , In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, bouillon, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined. , Add tomatoes and browned beef. Stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and heat through. If desired top with sour cream and jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 892mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE
This great chilli recipe has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. An easy sharing favourite that uses up storecupboard ingredients.
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Prepare your vegetables. Chop 1 large onion into small dice, about 5mm square. The easiest way to do this is to cut the onion in half from root to tip, peel it and slice each half into thick matchsticks lengthways, not quite cutting all the way to the root end so they are still held together. Slice across the matchsticks into neat dice.
- Cut 1 red pepper in half lengthways, remove stalk and wash the seeds away, then chop. Peel and finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Start cooking. Put your pan on the hob over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and leave it for 1-2 minutes until hot (a little longer for an electric hob).
- Add the onion and cook, stirring fairly frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft, squidgy and slightly translucent.
- Tip in the garlic, red pepper, 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder or 1 level tbsp mild chilli powder, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin.
- Give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brown 500g lean minced beef. Turn the heat up a bit, add the meat to the pan and break it up with your spoon or spatula. The mix should sizzle a bit when you add the mince.
- Keep stirring and prodding for at least 5 minutes, until all the mince is in uniform, mince-sized lumps and there are no more pink bits. Make sure you keep the heat hot enough for the meat to fry and become brown, rather than just stew.
- Make the sauce. Crumble 1 beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan with the mince mixture.
- Add a 400g can of chopped tomatoes. Tip in ½ tsp dried marjoram, 1 tsp sugar and add a good shake of salt and pepper. Squirt in about 2 tbsp tomato purée and stir the sauce well.
- Simmer it gently. Bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Check on the pan occasionally to stir it and make sure the sauce doesn't catch on the bottom of the pan or isn't drying out. If it is, add a couple of tablespoons of water and make sure that the heat really is low enough. After simmering gently, the saucy mince mixture should look thick, moist and juicy.
- Drain and rinse a 410g can of red kidney beans in a sieve and stir them into the chilli pot. Bring to the boil again, and gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes, adding a little more water if it looks too dry.
- Taste a bit of the chilli and season. It will probably take a lot more seasoning than you think.
- Now replace the lid, turn off the heat and leave your chilli to stand for 10 minutes before serving. This is really important as it allows the flavours to mingle.
- Serve with soured cream and plain boiled long grain rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 2.32 milligram of sodium
CHILI CON CARNE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the saucepan (reserve the drippings). Increase the heat to medium high, add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon; wipe out the pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon drippings in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste is brick red, about 6 minutes (add a splash of water if the mixture begins to stick). Add the beer and simmer until almost completely reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beef and any juices from the plate; add the cocoa powder, tomatoes, beef broth and beans and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens slightly, about 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Stir the hot sauce into the chili and season with salt. Add some beef broth if the chili is too thick. Ladle into bowls and top with the crumbled bacon, cheese, scallions and/or sour cream.
CHILI CON CARNE
- Serving suggestions: White rice, chopped cilantro, shredded Cheddar, chopped tomatoes, minced fresh or pickled jalapeno peppers
- Pat the meat dry with a paper towel and season with the salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large stew pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the meat, in small batches, until well browned, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Transfer meat to a bowl and reserve.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of oil from the pan. Saute the onions over medium heat for 10 minutes, scraping up the browned bits with a wooden spoon from the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes more. Stir in the 1/3 cup chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook for 2 minutes. Add the canned diced tomatoes and whisk in 4 cups of the stock. Add the meat and any accumulated juices back to the pot. Bring to a gentle simmer. Season the chili with the salt and pepper, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender puree half of the beans with the remaining 1 cup of stock. Add the bean mixture to the chili along with the whole beans. Let simmer, uncovered, 1 hour more or until the meat is tender. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons chili powder and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with rice and suggested condiments.
CHILI CON CARNE
This recipe is based on Emeril's Chili con Carne recipe. It is my most favorite chili recipe so I thought I would share. The best thing about this recipe is that you don't use beans, but if you must have them, they can easily be added.
Provided by The Giggle Box
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the meat and stir to break up the pieces.
- Cook, stirring, until the meat is brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, Essence, salt, cumin, oregano, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Put the whole tomatoes in a large mixing bowl and squeeze them with your hands to break them into pieces.
- Add the squeezed tomatoes and their juices, the tomato paste, sugar, and water to the pot.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat, ladle into a large bowl and top with the shredded cheese and serve with Crackers or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.5, Fat 24.7, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 89.2, Sodium 666.7, Carbohydrate 15.2, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 6.5, Protein 27.1
CHILI CON CARNE
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 9 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 770 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1 g
CLASSIC CHILI CON CARNE
This is a classic recipe from Robb Walsh, a Texas food historian and a restaurateur: no beans. In the Texas spirit, it does, however, call for three pounds of meat - boneless chuck, buffalo or venison. There is also some bacon for good measure. This is a hearty meal, great for a cold day when the best thing to do is to stay in and watch that other Texas religion, football.
Provided by Jennifer Steinhauer
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the chile powder: Place the chiles flat in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and cook, turning as needed, until lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate to cool. Put the cumin seeds in the hot pan and stir until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Using scissors, cut the chiles into small strips. Using a spice grinder or a clean coffee grinder, grind in batches into a powder. Pour into a bowl. Grind the cumin seeds into a powder and add to the bowl. Add the oregano and garlic powder. If the mixture is still coarse, grind again until fine. Reserve 3 1/2 tablespoons for the chili; save the rest in a jar.
- For the chili: In a Dutch oven over medium heat, stir the cumin seeds until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour onto a work surface and using a small, heavy skillet, crush them coarsely. Set aside.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat, add the bacon and fry until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Increase the heat to high. Working in small batches, add the beef cubes to the pot and cook, stirring, until well browned on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the onions to the remaining bacon drippings and sauté until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the crushed cumin, reserved chili powder, paprika, oregano, black pepper, thyme, salt and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Crumble in the bacon and add the broth, tomatoes, 1 cup water, anchos and the browned beef. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, then decrease the heat to low, cover partly and simmer for 2 hours, until the meat is very tender. Add water as needed to maintain a good chili consistency.
- Remove the anchos, purée them in a food processor or blender and return the purée to the pot. Stir well, simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 342, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 36 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 557 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS
This is my father-in-laws recipe for chili. I love to make it on a cold winter night. Sometimes I serve it with Corn Chips in the bottom of the bowl, topped with the chili and then top the chili with grated cheddar cheese
Provided by Marty Hugo
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Saute meat, onions and garlic until done.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours.
- The beer is optional but does add a good flavor and, of course, the alcohol is cooked out during cooking.
More about "chili con carne recipes"
CHILLI CON CARNE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (163)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 367 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, then add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add Chili Spice Mix. Cook until beef is browned all over. (This step helps release extra flavour from the spices)
- Add remaining ingredients, with 1/2 cup of water for Quick Cook or 1 1/2 cups for Slow Cook. Bring to simmer, then adjust heat per step below:
CHILI CON CARNE WITH BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST EVER BEST STEAK CHILI (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
BEEF CHILI RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CHILI CON CARNE - SLOW COOKER RECIPE - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
ORIGINAL TEXAS CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CLASSIC CHILI CON CARNE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHILI CON CARNE - RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
SIMPLE CHILLI CON CARNE | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
10 BEST CHILI CON CARNE GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILI CON CARNE | MEXICAN PLEASE
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
16 LEFTOVER CHILI RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BEST HOMEMADE CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - KEY TO MY LIME
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | GOODTO
CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
30 HEARTY CHILI CON CARNE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
AWARD WINNING CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE) - BROWN SUGAR FOOD BLOG
CHILI CON CARNE (TEXAS BEEF CHILI) - ONCE UPON A CHEF
RECIPES CHILI CON CARNE (FROM DRIED BEANS) | SOSCUISINE
BEST CHILI CON CARNE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CLASSIC BEEF CHILI | RICARDO
RECIPE - CHILE CON CARNE | COSTCO
10 BEST MEXICAN CHILI CON CARNE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILLI CON CARNE - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
SLOW COOKER CHILLI CON CARNE
BEST CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE EVER | JUNE D'ARVILLE
CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CHILI CON CARNE (BEEF CHILI) | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
11 BEST CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPES AND HOW TO MAKE CHILLI CON CARNE
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
HOMEMADE CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE | CANADIAN LIVING
WHAT IS CHILI CON CARNE? (WITH PICTURES) - WISEGEEK
CONTEST WINNING CHILI CON CARNE - BEST CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #beef #mexican #chili #dietary #ground-beef #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love