PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH (((AUTHENTIC)))
I was born and raised in Philadelphia and this was my favorite lunch at the luncheonettes (sandwich shops). Places throughout the rest of the Country that claim to make Philly Cheese Steaks just do not get them to taste the same, and one of the reasons is that they do not use extra-virgin olive oil. Anyone who says that Pat's and Gino's in South Philly uses Cheez Wiz, is talking about the way they make it now. The old authentic way uses Provolone Cheese. Also, using deli roast beef is the same as using top round sliced wafer thin or frozen Rib-Eye roast shaved on an electric slicer. I was born in 1942 and this is the way they were made way back then. We are talking about authentic, not the way they are made now. If you make any changes with the ingredients or the directions, it will not be the same. Make it EXACTLY as written here.
Provided by Alan Leonetti
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a griddle or a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, cover bottom with olive oil.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until carmelized, which will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then, push the mixture off to one side of the griddle.
- Add the meat to the hot part of the griddle.
- Cook, continuously flipping the meat over and slightly chopping the meat into slightly smaller pieces with 2 spatulas, until the meat is not pink, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Mix the meat and the carmelized onions and bell pepper together.
- Divide into 2 portions, and top both portions with the cheese to melt.
- If using Italian or French bread, cut the bread in half, crosswise, and slice lengthwise to open for the 2 sandwiches.
- Hollow out some of the soft white bread part from inside and place face down on top of the meat and cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, and with 1 or 2 spatulas, flip the sandwiches over and add topping, such as marinara sauce or ketchup, if desired, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 965.3, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 22, Cholesterol 133.1, Sodium 3143.6, Carbohydrate 86.4, Fiber 5, Sugar 4.2, Protein 63.5
PHILLY STEAK SANDWICHES
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan. Add onions and season with salt and pepper or steak seasoning blend. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onions are soft and caramel in color.
- Heat a heavy griddle pan over medium high to high heat. Wipe griddle with a drizzle of oil using a paper towel. Sear and cook thin sliced steaks until brown but not crisp, about 2 minutes on each side. Cook steaks in single layers in 2 batches and tenderize by cutting into meat with the side of your spatula while they cook. When the steaks are browned, just before you remove them from heat, sprinkle them with garlic salt and pepper. When all of the steaks are cooked, line each of your split rolls with 2 slices of provolone cheese. Pile 1/4 of your meat and onions on to the griddle and mix together with your spatula. Pile the meat and onions into rolls on top of the cheese. The heat from the meat and onions will melt the cheese. Repeat for remaining servings and serve.
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH WITH GARLIC MAYO
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and minced garlic. Cover, and refrigerate. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute beef until lightly browned. Stir in green pepper and onion, and season with salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender, and remove from heat.
- Spread each bun generously with garlic mayonnaise. Divide beef mixture into the buns. Top with shredded cheese, and sprinkle with oregano. Place sandwiches on a baking pan.
- Heat sandwiches in preheated oven, until cheese is melted or slightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 935.1 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Cholesterol 95.8 mg, Fat 66.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 16.1 g, Sodium 1404.8 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
MICHAEL'S FAMOUS PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
The secrets of a great cheese steak are the quality of the ingredients and the thinness of the raw beef. The beef is best cut into paper-thin slices on an electric slicer. If an electric slicer is out of the question (many home kitchen stores sell these small machines inexpensively), try our method below to achieve similar results.
Provided by Michael Lomonaco
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Tightly roll the eye round steak into a torpedo or log shape. Wrap tightly in plastic. Place log in freezer for 45 minutes to firm the beef into a tight but not frozen texture.
- 2. Remove plastic, and working quickly, use an electric knife to slice the beef into paper-thin strips, almost shaving the beef. If this does not work well, use a sharp knife and cut the beef into the thinnest slices possible, then flatten the slices using a meat tenderizer. Refrigerate slices until ready to cook.
- 3. Peel and halve onion. Slice into paper-thin half moon pieces. Halve the peppers, remove and discard seeds, and then slice into thick wedges.
- 4. Warm 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add onions and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until caramelized and softened, stirring frequently. Do not allow them to brown. Transfer onions to bowl; add pepper to same skillet, still over low heat. Cook peppers 10 to 15 minutes, until soft and tender, flipping often. Transfer to bowl with onions. Season onion-pepper mixture to taste. Cover bowl to keep warm.
- 5. In a clean skillet, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Cook the beef in 2 batches, until lightly browned and cooked through, stirring often. Add olive oil if necessary.
- 6. To serve: Pile beef strips, peppers and onions and cheese slices inside a hero roll.
PHILLY CHEESE SANDWICHES
I'm a big fan of cheesesteaks, and in this throw-together recipe my slow cooker does all the work. It's a win-win. -Christina Addison, Blanchester, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine first 6 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 7 hours. Stir in peppers; cook, covered, until meat and peppers are tender, 1-3 hours., Stir to break up meat. Serve beef mixture and cheese on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 546 calories, Fat 23g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 97mg cholesterol, Sodium 754mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 40g protein.
PHILLY STEAK SANDWICH
- Place the beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sprinkle over beef.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef to desired doneness, and remove from pan. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, and saute the onion and green pepper.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Divide the meat between the bottoms of 4 rolls, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Place on cookie sheet, and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with tops of rolls, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 95.5 mg, Fat 38.4 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 717.3 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH
These are the main reason I go to the fair. I had to learn how to make them so I didnt have to wait for only once a year
Provided by goin2bearn
Yield 2 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- When hot add the oil, onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Push off to 1 side of the griddle.
- Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with the back of 2 metal spatulas, until almost no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the sauteed vegetables.
- Top with cheese slices and melt.
- Spoon the cheesy meat mixture into the warm buns and serve immediately with condiments of choice or Put the meat in the bun and dip the spatula in the cheese whiz and then wipe the spatula down the inside of the bread.
More about "philly cheesesteak sandwich recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE - HOW TO …
Reviews 8Calories 795 per servingCategory Super Bowl, Weeknight Meals, Dinner
10 BEST PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH RECIPES - YUMMLY
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH - CHUGWATER CHILI
ORIGINAL PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (SO EASY!)
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE - COOKING WITH …
SUPER SIMPLE HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE
BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH - EASY RECIPE CHEF
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES - I WASH YOU DRY
BEST CHEESE STEAK SUBS - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE A PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH - CHEESEPROCLUB.COM
SONIC PHILLY CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST EVER CHEESESTEAK - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH – A ROAST BEEF LEFTOVERS RECIPE
PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SHEET PAN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE (EXTRA QUICK
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH | EMERILS.COM
ORIGINAL PHILLY - CLASSIC STEAK SANDWICH
SUPER-TENDER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - ALYONA’S COOKING
OVEN BAKED PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE » HOMEMADE HEATHER
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE - MUNCHKIN TIME
CAMPFIRE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH CAMPING RECIPE
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES - SIMPLY SCRATCH
HOW TO MAKE A PHILLY CHEESESTEAK: THE AUTHENTIC RECIPE - UNPEELED
BEST CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE • THE FRESH COOKY
PORTOBELLO "PHILLY CHEESE STEAK" SANDWICH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS - HOUSE HUNK
13 SOUPS THAT GO WITH PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES - LARGE BATCH! - SIMPLY HAPPENINGS
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
QUICK AND EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH - GRUMPY'S …
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - JO COOKS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #main-dish #eggs-dairy #cheese #dietary #sandwiches
You'll also love