EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK
Smothered with melted cheese and stuffed into a hoagie roll, this authentic Philly cheesesteak sandwich is delicious in its simplicity.
Provided by Natalya Drozhzhin
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Slice ribeye into thin strips. Cut bell peppers into long strips, onion into half rings and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat an oiled skillet over high-heat. Add onions, bell peppers and mushrooms to the skillet. Sautee until all veggies are golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add sliced beef to the same skillet and season with salt and pepper. Sautee until the beef is fully cooked. Add vegetables back to the skillet and stir to combine. Top with cheese slices and let mixture sit for a minute to melt.
- Stuff toasted or untoasted hoagie buns with the mixture. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 682 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 48 g, Fat 51 g, SaturatedFat 25 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Sodium 769 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. When hot add the oil, onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Push off to 1 side of the griddle.
- Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with the back of 2 metal spatulas, until almost no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Mix in the Sauteed vegetables. Top with cheese slices and melt. Spoon the cheesy meat mixture into the warm buns and serve immediately with condiments of choice or Put the meat in the bun and dip the spatula in the cheese whiz and then wipe the spatula down the inside of the bread.
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK
- Add oil to a large non-stick skillet. Saute onions and 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce until the onions are soft. Add the sliced meat and cook until meat browns slightly, add remaining 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and stir to combine. Place cheese on the meat and stir until melted, mixing meat, onions and cheese together. Scoop meat mixture onto sandwich rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520.5 calories, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 82.6 mg, Fat 26.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 1763 mg, Sugar 11.4 g
Pile steak, onion, peppers, cheese, ketchup and mustard into rolls to make these American-style Philly cheesesteaks. Just the food for a movie night in
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Snack, Supper, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Trim away and discard the long piece of fat running down the side of the steaks. Cut each steak in half and put on a baking tray, then transfer to the freezer and freeze for 40 mins.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan or casserole dish set over a medium heat. Add the onion and peppers along with a good pinch of salt and fry for 20 mins, or until the onions are golden and sticky. Add the vinegar and cook for a further 5 mins. Season to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the steak as thinly as possible and pile the slices into four portions. Heat a skillet over a high heat until almost smoking. Put one portion of the steak slices in the pan in a pile that's roughly the length of your rolls. Fry for 3 mins over a high heat until some of the steak is cooked through, with pink bits remaining. Pile a quarter of the onion mixture on top, as well as a quarter each of the cheese slices and the mozzarella. Continue to cook undisturbed over a medium heat for 5-10 mins until the meat is brown and crisp around the edge and the cheeses have melted. Split one of the rolls open and carefully scoop the meat and cheese mixture into it. Repeat with the remaining meat, onions, cheese and rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
PHILLY STEAK SANDWICH
- Place the beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sprinkle over beef.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef to desired doneness, and remove from pan. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, and saute the onion and green pepper.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Divide the meat between the bottoms of 4 rolls, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Place on cookie sheet, and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with tops of rolls, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 95.5 mg, Fat 38.4 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 717.3 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH (((AUTHENTIC)))
I was born and raised in Philadelphia and this was my favorite lunch at the luncheonettes (sandwich shops). Places throughout the rest of the Country that claim to make Philly Cheese Steaks just do not get them to taste the same, and one of the reasons is that they do not use extra-virgin olive oil. Anyone who says that Pat's and Gino's in South Philly uses Cheez Wiz, is talking about the way they make it now. The old authentic way uses Provolone Cheese. Also, using deli roast beef is the same as using top round sliced wafer thin or frozen Rib-Eye roast shaved on an electric slicer. I was born in 1942 and this is the way they were made way back then. We are talking about authentic, not the way they are made now. If you make any changes with the ingredients or the directions, it will not be the same. Make it EXACTLY as written here.
Provided by Alan Leonetti
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a griddle or a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, cover bottom with olive oil.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until carmelized, which will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then, push the mixture off to one side of the griddle.
- Add the meat to the hot part of the griddle.
- Cook, continuously flipping the meat over and slightly chopping the meat into slightly smaller pieces with 2 spatulas, until the meat is not pink, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Mix the meat and the carmelized onions and bell pepper together.
- Divide into 2 portions, and top both portions with the cheese to melt.
- If using Italian or French bread, cut the bread in half, crosswise, and slice lengthwise to open for the 2 sandwiches.
- Hollow out some of the soft white bread part from inside and place face down on top of the meat and cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, and with 1 or 2 spatulas, flip the sandwiches over and add topping, such as marinara sauce or ketchup, if desired, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 965.3, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 22, Cholesterol 133.1, Sodium 3143.6, Carbohydrate 86.4, Fiber 5, Sugar 4.2, Protein 63.5
PHILLY STEAK AND CHEESE
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onions; stir fry until tender.
- Add steak and stir fry over high heat until fully cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; divide steak mixture in skillet into four seperate piles.
- Top each pile with 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; let stand until cheese melts.
- Spread mayonnaise on hoagie rolls; top with steak and cheese mixture.
More about "philly steak and cheese recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE - HOW TO …
Reviews 8Calories 795 per servingCategory Super Bowl, Weeknight Meals, Dinner
THE BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
10 BEST PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESE STEAK RECIPE - EVERYDAYMAVEN™
20+ BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPES-PHILLY CHEEESTEAK …
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK CHEESY BREAD | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK - CULINARY HILL
10 BEST GROUND BEEF PHILLY CHEESE STEAK RECIPES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KETO PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SKILLET RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
CLASSIC PHILLY CHEESE STEAK - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE, THE GLORIOUS PRIDE OF PHILADELPHIA
BEST EVER PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - COOKING WITH KARLI
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CASSEROLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - COOKTHESTORY
27 BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CASSEROLE RECIPES (ALL TYPES)
SUPER-TENDER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - ALYONA’S COOKING
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - JO COOKS
THE BEST EVER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
SECRETS OF ULTIMATE TENDER & FLAVORFUL PHILLY CHEESE STEAK
HOW TO MAKE A PHILLY CHEESESTEAK: THE AUTHENTIC RECIPE
SHEET PAN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
THE BEST NO NONSENSE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - RECIPEMAGIK
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK TATER TOT CASSEROLE - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK | RICARDO
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK PASTA | DINNER | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH RECIPE - LOVESTEAKCLUB.COM
BEST EVER CHEESESTEAK - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
PAT'S PHILLY CHEESE STEAK (COPYCAT) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK MARINADE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PHILLY STEAK & CHEESE | CAROLINA COOKER
CROCK POT PHILLY CHEESE STEAK - CASTLE IN THE MOUNTAINS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #lunch #dietary #low-sodium #sandwiches #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something
You'll also love